• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Mandello Chat - H20

Anyone heard whether this liquid cooled motor is a brand new design or the venerable Small Block with added liquid cooling to the cylinder and/or heads?

Tony
Liquid engine: 120 horsepower on the way
On a technical level we have the news that will make the happiness of those who love the Italian eagle. The new Moto Guzzi V100 marks the birth of the new engine platform .

One of the Italian members of the euromoto list shared some information:

" the engine is definitively the one I was referring to that Ing. Martini started working in 2013, a liquid cooled V twin with intakes in the middle of the V and counter rotating gearbox. That engine was tested and refined in late 2013/2014 and then crated and put, I think, in the same warehouse that contains the ark of the covenant and crystal skulls (yes, it's an indiana jones reference).

My biggest beef is that I'm positive that we'll probably need just one hand to count how many journalists will assign the correct paternity to the engine; the guy has been dead since 2014 anyway, so it won't bother him too much, but to all the people who knew him and know the story behind it, that lack will leave a bitter taste in the back of their mouths."

Still somewhat finned cylinders :clap: , has some Stelvio styling queues. ( IMHO) at first glance.

Not bad at all !

Great intro with the flying shot flowing down onto the road/bike !
Couldn’t they have gone a weeeee bit louder on the exhaust :wasntme:

Not crazy about it. Kind of generic styling.
yea I agree... I like many aspects of the design, but the front cowling/headlight is a bit bland. sort of reminds me of my old Bandit S, or any one of a dozen or so Kawasakis.

I guess it's sort of a sporty touring bike? nice commuter?

Pretty, but very bland. Other than the cylinders it could have come from any design studio. No character or personality to me. Glad I have kept my eyes open for a Norge, just a few more weeks and I think I will have one.

I'm not sure why people are confused about the styling. This is totally an evolution of the V85TT, only this time designed for 100% street-based sport touring, and not 80/20 ADV. The V85TT has been the most successful bike MG has produced in decades, and brought a lot of new owners into the Guzzi fold, who previously had no interest in Guzzis at all. They are unabashedly trying to build on that momentum with the V100.

Frankly I like it. I'd like it even more with a full set of hard luggage, which I suspect will be available by the time it hits showrooms.

__Jason

I'm not sure why people are confused about the styling. This is totally an evolution of the V85TT, only this time designed for 100% street-based sport touring, and not 80/20 ADV. The V85TT has been the most successful bike MG has produced in decades, and brought a lot of new owners into the Guzzi fold, who previously had no interest in Guzzis at all. They are unabashedly trying to build on that momentum with the V100.

Frankly I like it. I'd like it even more with a full set of hard luggage, which I suspect will be available by the time it hits showrooms.

__Jason
I sort of agree, where the V85 is good, this has evolved ... rather away from that.

So in the video, they show the windscreen moving up, what and where are the little Winglets that fold out in the next sequence ?

Expecting something awful- I’m rather pleasantly surprised !

As far as the engineering, design, and targeted consumer, it's exactly the direction they needed to go. I absolutely love it. As far as the body work, I think it looks very good and can always be changed and schemed differently. Hurray Moto Guutzy

So in the video, they show the windscreen moving up, what and where are the little Winglets that fold out in the next sequence ?

Expecting something awful- I’m rather pleasantly surprised !

To direct cooling airflow for the rider. I believe some of the BMW models have similar contraptions.

__Jason

So I'm holding my thoughts for more comments.
Question though to those who like it, will you actually buy one if they price it at say $14,990 or $15,990 (or even more)?
The little winglet diverters you can see in the video with the windshield. It looks like they direct air under the tank/inside of the cylinders. You can bet they'll run it insanely hot.

So I'm holding my thoughts for more comments.
Question though to those who like it, will you actually buy one if they price it at say $14,990 or $15,990 (or even more)?
The little winglet diverters you can see in the video with the windshield. It looks like they direct air under the tank/inside of the cylinders. You can bet they'll run it insanely hot.

My BMW K1600 has those air diverters just below the headlight area. They are pretty effective at diverting air straight into your chest when you open them.

Back