• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Mandello Chat - H20

Every time I learn more about the V100 Mandello I get more disappointed. The overall look is bland and generic with almost nothing to tie it tot eh Guzzi legacy other than the cylinders. The semi-active suspension is just a waste of money and more complexity to go wrong. The LCD display looks like a cheap tablet. Overall, such a let down for there 100th anniversary bike.

More reviews / info :Curtesy Cycle World

As with so many other gatherings, the pandemic disrupted Moto Guzzi’s plans to celebrate its 100th anniversary (March 1921–March 2021). Guzzi’s traditional worldwide gathering of thousands of Guzzisti was supposed to happen this September in Mandello del Lario, Italy. Now that’s been moved to September of 2022. Now, Moto Guzzi has announced plans for a new factory and museum in Mandello del Lario. Along with that announcement comes images of the first of a new generation of models: the V100 Mandello. All the details will officially come off at EICMA, the motorcycle expo held in Milan from November 23–28. Meanwhile, we already have some inside info. And the news is especially exciting, because those next-generation Guzzis will use a radically new V-twin, one designed along the traditional 90-degree layout with cylinders jutting out on each side.

The overall engine design makes a lot of sense. Although it wasn’t invented by Moto Guzzi,this engine architecture has become a fundamental part of the Moto Guzzi brand over the years, much as the opposed “boxer” twin has for BMW, the 45-degree V-twin for Harley-Davidson (for how much longer?), and the fore-and-aft 90-degree V-twin for Ducati. All three of those companies have kept their iconic layouts while modernizing their engines. Now it’s Guzzi’s turn.

While Moto Guzzi’s new engine family is definitely big news, it’s not entirely unexpected. With the final retirement of Moto Guzzi’s original V-twins, all that was left in Mandello is the V85, a brilliant and consistent engine, but one that simply isn’t adequate to carry on Guzzi’s GT-Sport image.

Planning and Prototypes
Late Piaggio Chief Project Engineer Dr. Federico Martini started working on the new engine prior to 2010, and the early prototype was ready about 10 years ago. It was a modern unit that didn’t share anything with the familiar Moto Guzzi “big block.” Liquid-cooled and displacing 1.3 liters, it was a DOHC design with chain-driven cams, four valves per cylinder, downdraft intake runners, and forward-facing exhaust ports.

At the time, Piaggio’s management was focused on plans to grow Aprilia while Moto Guzzi soldiered along with its traditional lineup. Consequently, Martini’s new V1300 was shelved to wait for more opportune times. When tighter Euro 5 homologation rules put the old big block out of contention, it was time to revisit the prototype.

Exploring the New V1000
A new engine can’t simply meet current emissions standards; it must be adaptable enough to accept homologation challenges for more years to come. Which brings us to Moto Guzzi’s new powerplant. While it’s not yet officially unveiled, our connections allow us to report the following: Like Martini’s prototype, this new V1000 is also liquid-cooled and features chain-driven double overhead cams with four-valve heads. The new unit displaces about 1,050cc but has been designed to allow a family of engines, both smaller and larger.

The new V-twin uses relatively conservative bore and stroke measurements, 96mm by 72mm. Nothing particularly wild here, but numbers adequate to provide both good power and a flat torque curve. Guzzi makes no power claims yet, but considering present Euro 5 tuning, expect something in the region of 115 hp.

Now we see the new V1000 installed on the neat looking V100 Mandello. The bike draws little inspiration from the traditional line of Moto Guzzi Sport-GT models, but such styling isn’t a primary issue for now. What’s more important is the engine, and the new V1000 V-twin might be a real game changer as Moto Guzzi makes a bid to return to the big leagues. Stay tuned for more details from EICMA this November.

Every time I learn more about the V100 Mandello I get more disappointed. The overall look is bland and generic with almost nothing to tie it tot eh Guzzi legacy other than the cylinders. The semi-active suspension is just a waste of money and more complexity to go wrong. The LCD display looks like a cheap tablet. Overall, such a let down for there 100th anniversary bike.

If you compare Guzzi's red V100 promo video bike to the green V100 in the other vids. It looks as if the red bike doesn't have semi active suspension whereas the green bike has it. Maybe they will offer it in different trim levels?

Exhaust out the side looks like the engine is further forward and rolled some by the looks of it. A good first step in a new direction while keeping with traditional look. Not on my list of bikes to buy, I don’t mind it but I am old……

Oh! Yes please!

My 2012 Stelvio was my last new Moto Guzzi but the green V100 is my next!

I almost bought a V85 but my Stelvio is a better bike to me.

This thing is beautiful without being plagued by the “insect” look of so many new designs that I hate.

The Ohlins suspension, Brembo brakes, electric windscreen, digital dash display panel, incredible exhaust silencer, gorgeous wheels and electronics are all top shelf components and everything styling about the bike I absolutely love.

Giulio Cesare Carcano and Carlo Guzzi would be so proud of this new iteration of their vision, and rightfully so. I certainly am.

Bravo Moto Guzzi! Bravo Piaggio!

SOLD.

Last edited:
The red was beautiful but the green is incredible. I'm in for a year 2 model after the bugs are worked out.
Different trim levels is a good idea. MV Agusta does this with their models such as the Turismo: Lusso, Lusso SCS, Lusso RC SCS.
This is a huge leap for Moto Guzzi.

Last edited:
This looks like a decent real-world bike to me, unlike a lot of new offerings from manufacturers that focus on edgy design and discard the practicalities. I like the single-sided swingarm with gold wheels. Sounded pretty good in the video, too. Subject to price and satisfactory test ride, I'd trade in my Aprilia Shiver 900 for one of these V100s.

I think that your Aprilia have roughly the same engine as this new V100.
May be the 1200 caponord .
I used to have a 1200 caponord Rally, and the engine is absolutely wonderfull and I think that the specs are roughly identical with the V100 .

My BMW K1600 has those air diverters just below the headlight area. They are pretty effective at diverting air straight into your chest when you open them.

Not for more downforce in the corners ??? :rofl: Really ! It needs move active Aero !

I’ll take a couple of wing nuts to adjust the windscreen - over state of the art electronics and automation any day
But I’m a Luddite...

I do really like the styling, if I was looking for a third bike - which I am sort of considering ( but would / could I actually pull the trigger?) 3x plate fees !!! 2000$ +
I’d be looking for:
- something the missus and I could go two up ( like the Miata :p )
The Eldorado doesn’t really seem to have a second seat - it’s almost like one of those Joke Crotch rocket pillion seats...
- something more Cafe Racer styled ( I know they aren’t really practical/comfortable - but I love the look )
Yet another one up bike :emo:

So I'm holding my thoughts for more comments.
Question though to those who like it, will you actually buy one if they price it at say $14,990 or $15,990 (or even more)?
The little winglet diverters you can see in the video with the windshield. It looks like they direct air under the tank/inside of the cylinders. You can bet they'll run it insanely hot.

Yes. Who do I make the check out to?

I absolutely love it. I'll take a green one please.

Yes. Who do I make the check out to?
I absolutely love it. I'll take a green one please.
For you, Cadre. ;)
The Tenni version, as noted above I think, has fully active Ohlins suspension upgrade. Clearly they are following suit from the Aprilia Family. That said, as a guess, I'd imagine the price will come in for $16,990 for this version in the U.S. market.
Interesting is the note that the motor has been designed to accommodate both smaller and larger displacement. Curious as to why they started @1000cc.
All said, I end with I'm really disappointed with the missed the opportunity to launch a modern/retro LeMans 1000cc. So I'll be hawk-eyed watching for one of these crashed to build a GTM custom out of!

Curious as to why they started @1000cc.

Intelligent business strategy. Don't shoot your big ticket players down by offering a smaller, lower-priced version of the already planned bigger one, because you will lose sales. Put out the big one first, capturing every impulse driven sale there is to get. Then to create another sales wave, size it down, less fancy and lower the price accordingly to attract the "I really wanted the 1000, but I'm willing to spend (or the Boss will let me spend) the lower price for a 750 version. You will even up-sell some buyers who waited for the smaller version, but then decided that they would be willing to upgrade to the larger version because they found the package more desirable. It's a win all the way around deal.

It's a very good solid business strategy. I'd bet my M.B.A. on it.

Then if it pans out well, of which I know it will, then they should continue the long standing Moto Guzzi tradition of creating a very limited production, (V7 SPORT, LE MANS, DAYTONA RS, V-10 CENTAURO, MGS-01) "type of" motorcycle with all the razors edge tidbits they can throw at it, just like Ducati, or MV Agusta, and charge whatever they need to make a good profit on it, say $29,999 - $39,999 for it. They don't have to build a world-class super bike, nor be judged in that light because that's not this platform.

What they need to build is the slickest, trickiest, "Oh my God, just look at it!", Moto Guzzi sporting motorcycle that has ever come out of Mandello del Lario. Top Shelf All The Way...Limit it to no more than 100 units worldwide.

I believe that they will sell them all, no problem, because they will be highly coveted by the true aficionados.

I sure hope so.

Altri cent'anni, Moto Guzzi !

PS: The new V100 Mandello is the very essence of the above idea. Look carefully at it. There is absolutely nothing on it that you can find on any other Moto Guzzi motorcycle ever made. Engine, driveline, suspension, brakes, controls, fluid reservoirs, exhaust, intake, lighting, turn signals, literally everything, yet it is a direct-descendent of every Moto Guzzi motorcycle I have owned and the 4 I own right now. The most amazing thing about Carcano's design, is that all 4 of my bikes, are 90 degree V-twins, built in the same factory, yet they are all unique. Each engine has a very distinctive sound, power band, handling, vibration, dare I say...soul.

The V100 Mandello doesn't excite me because it the fastest, or blah blah blah. It excites me because I have loved this marque my whole life like no other, and the V100 is the slickest, trickiest, "Oh my God, just look at it" mass production motorcycle I've ever seen from Mandello del Lario, and I want one.

Last edited:
Doing some math… this engine is a serious competitor for big ADV as the BMW GS, HD Pan, and KTM. If they increase those 1000cc with 120hp to 1250cc, they can reach near 150hp. In my personal opinion they are taking this direction. Also they should revival the Norge with this new engine. Lot of future for Guzzi for next 10 years.

Indeed - It would have been absurd to come out with Yet another V7 variant to muddy the water ( I still think the V7 - 850 is Odd... just call it an 850 !! )
Coming out with a new 1000 provides something targeting a different audience and / or the Up-sell ?

All, I've created an all-new H20 section to harbor info on the new model(s).

I'm not sure why people are confused about the styling. This is totally an evolution of the V85TT, only this time designed for 100% street-based sport touring, and not 80/20 ADV. The V85TT has been the most successful bike MG has produced in decades, and brought a lot of new owners into the Guzzi fold, who previously had no interest in Guzzis at all. They are unabashedly trying to build on that momentum with the V100. Frankly I like it. I'd like it even more with a full set of hard luggage, which I suspect will be available by the time it hits showrooms.
See below.

Pretty much agree.

Intelligent business strategy. Don't shoot your big ticket players down by offering a smaller, lower-priced version of the already planned bigger one, because you will lose sales. Put out the big one first, capturing every impulse driven sale there is to get. Then to create another sales wave, size it down, less fancy and lower the price accordingly to attract the "I really wanted the 1000, but I'm willing to spend (or the Boss will let me spend) the lower price for a 750 version. You will even up-sell some buyers who waited for the smaller version, but then decided that they would be willing to upgrade to the larger version because they found the package more desirable. It's a win all the way around deal.
It's a very good solid business strategy. I'd bet my M.B.A. on it.
This is a fun conversation Scott, as we are both in the age realm of being able to run the company. ;)
Things have went sideways in logic in the last decade or so. Most OEMs are building the exclusive high $/high-hp models first. Case in point is the new HD 1250 Sporty.
That said, I don't disagree with you at all... though 1000cc is "small" these days.

What they need to build is the slickest, trickiest, "Oh my God, just look at it!", Moto Guzzi sporting motorcycle that has ever come out of Mandello del Lario. Top Shelf All The Way...Limit it to no more than 100 units worldwide.
I believe that they will sell them all, no problem, because they will be highly coveted by the true aficionados.
I sure hope so.
Altri cent'anni, Moto Guzzi !
Agreed, but would they ever? And in your mind, what might this model be?

PS: The new V100 Mandello is the very essence of the above idea. Look carefully at it. There is absolutely nothing on it that you can find on any other Moto Guzzi motorcycle ever made. Engine, driveline, suspension, brakes, controls, fluid reservoirs, exhaust, intake, lighting, turn signals, literally everything, yet it is a direct-descendent of every Moto Guzzi motorcycle I have owned and the 4 I own right now. The most amazing thing about Carcano's design, is that all 4 of my bikes, are 90 degree V-twins, built in the same factory, yet they are all unique. Each engine has a very distinctive sound, power band, handling, vibration, dare I say...soul.
The V100 Mandello doesn't excite me because it the fastest, or blah blah blah. It excites me because I have loved this marque my whole life like no other, and the V100 is the slickest, trickiest, "Oh my God, just look at it" mass production motorcycle I've ever seen from Mandello del Lario, and I want one.
I'm sad to see water-cooling, but I know it was inevitable of course. I guess I'm glad they didn't go full electric (yet). Per above, I was really counting on a V100 Le Mans, seems they missed a stratospheric opportunity here. That's OK though, it's why I'm building GTMs. ;)

Chat again!

Back