• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Mandello Chat - H20

I know this is an old thread but with respect to a water cooled Guzzi I hope it has fins......... it's gotta have fins and that's all there is to it.
Too many modern bike engines just look like bilge pumps........that's wrong.

I know this is an old thread but with respect to a water cooled Guzzi I hope it has fins......... it's gotta have fins and that's all there is to it.
This is not an old thread at all. The first post was revised to reflect the press release of the new model unveil from last Friday, September 10th. What you see it what you get (for the most part).

Yes , it is old from the perspective of Dreaming of the Future and hopping it Won’t be UGLY !
And it Wasnt ! [ IMPO ]

I'll remain pessimistically optimistic. ;)

If you're referring to N. America, they are blind and ignorant. I've tried for several years to engage them on opening a dealership, only to get turned down because of the space I wanted to launch in was "too small and would never work" - or they requested that I open in some large and absurd location in SoCal. Space is at a premium here, worth it's weight in gold per square foot. Makes for a non-starter.
In the past, the small passionate dealers are what gave Guzzi it's legs. Since '07 or so, their expectations are completely unrealistic as to spatial requirements and no paid warranty work is the final nail in the proverbial coffin. Guzzi's model range and global volume make zero business sense to any dealer who actually needs to turn a profit. It's why multi-line dealers push them into the back corner and don't care much about them at all, nor do they care to learn to service them properly... from PDI on.
In Italy and abroad, the smaller Family run dealerships are celebrated. In the U.S. they were the first targeted for demise.

The Houston dealer network is non-existent... For a city with 6 million people I have to take my bike to AF1 racing in Austin 2.5 hours away. Super annoying and the guys who are the Houston dealer are a total group of schiesters... No idea how they get away with screwing so many people over and continue doing business.. I wrote MG corporate about my terrible experience with them and never heard back... They clearly don't care about American customers or experiences. What is worse is I love my V7 Stone S!! Ugh rant over.

The Houston dealer network is non-existent... For a city with 6 million people I have to take my bike to AF1 racing in Austin 2.5 hours away. Super annoying and the guys who are the Houston dealer are a total group of schiesters... No idea how they get away with screwing so many people over and continue doing business.. I wrote MG corporate about my terrible experience with them and never heard back... They clearly don't care about American customers or experiences. What is worse is I love my V7 Stone S!! Ugh rant over.

Every manufacturer wants a healthy dealer network. Trouble is, they simply aren’t willing to pay for it!

They have taken away holdbacks and most spiff monies, and the scraps they leave for the dealers, gets eaten in overhead, flooring, and by their unwillingness to reign in dealers who whore out their wares for next to no profit at all, thereby destroying any chance of making a honest living as a Moto Guzzi dealer.

I know. I would be one in a New York second except going bankrupt doesn’t sound like fun to me.

Also, the internet has also contributed to unscrupulous dealers destroying profits in other dealers markets.

I’ve always felt that there should be territory regulations among marque dealers to prevent this whoring out of merchandise.

Agree on current Houston Moto Guzzi and Aprilia dealer: horrid.

The new V100 catches my eye. Is there any info yet on weight and seat height?

Still love my V7 III Special, great machine. But I might trade my MV Agusta for the V100? We are considering moving to
Richmond, VA: excellent Moto Guzzi dealer by reputation.

The new V100 catches my eye. Is there any info yet on weight and seat height?
Rough dimensions posted above. ~31.7" seat height if even remotely accurate. Weight would likely be similar to a Breva 1100 or eq. (531 dry / 572 wet).

I lived this first hand at Brattin Motors BMW Motorcycles in San Diego.

BMW did everything they could to try and force us from our building. They tried to make us purchase outrageously priced signs from them (> $20,000 !). Corporate “ID” changed every 4 years with more wild expenses, etc, while they eliminated dealer holdback, and reduced warranty reimbursement, and raised prices constantly.

I saw long standing dealerships change hands, but only when BMW strong-armed the buyer into all sorts of contractual obligations.

I cannot remember the name but one dealership (maybe it was Blue Moon), sold. The new dealer built a Taj Mahal facility that was insanely stupid, then Covid came and they almost immediately went bankrupt and slammed shut the doors.

Many major BMW shops have shut their doors. Seattle, Indianapolis, Chicago, Wisconsin, Arkansas…literally tons, driven into oblivion by BMW corporate idiots and greed.

Unfortunately, this is where $800 - $1200 services and other such nonsense sprung up from. If shop’s didn’t resort to this type of pricing, they were doomed.

hey Scott
I loved the small shop that was Brattain Motors. It was a great place to do business with.

I can understand that, but if the rad is under the seat with air blown through it and exiting out the back, then heat should not be an issue for the rider. I can't wait to see what they unveil for us.

Radiators are not tiny.. And where, pray tell, do you put all the stuff that is currently under the seat?

I am not sure what you guys are talking about. The radiator is clearly visible right in front of the engine.

View attachment 23578
They're speaking hypothetically, if the radiator could be mounted elsewhere. Like a Benelli tornado 1130 or the new bimota kb4, which they speculate will have a rear mounted radiator.

Last edited:
In regards to shop support, here in Sydney Australia I would never have bought a Guzzi if it were not for the support of the small shop I dealt with.
Motociclo simply has a husband and wife team, and a mechanic with stock packed to the rafters.
It's like an Italian Aladdin's cave and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Chris.

We con only hope the Cylinders dont come out looking like coffee percolators !
Please Have the decency to still put some Fins on them !
The fins would still be contributing to Cool ing...:wasntme:

Um - 2015,alright already.
“Work is in progress, but the new liquid-cooled Moto Guzzi powerhouse is expected to be ready no earlier than 2015.”

Some section are quite funny:
“This began De Tomaso’s controversial adventure with the two makes. De Tomaso was no engineer, and supposedly hated engineers due to their understandable practice of criticizing his technical decisions.”

Because he was a Loony ? Perhaps
If it were HD or Indian, the fins would be screw-on plastic...

Back