• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Mods thread

Picked up mine a couple days ago. Loving it so far. (only 80 miles on the clock, so,...)

Comments and first impressions? A few negatives first.

For me , at least, definitely NOT an all day saddle. Gonna give an Air Hawk a try for a while before I decide on a saddle rebuild.

Disappointing that no radiator guard was included. A couple well known aftermarket suppliers offer one, make nice ones, but on backorder most places. If you search carefully, you *may* find one.

Topcase is made by Shad, (not HB or GIVI, or OEM) and does NOT quick-release, a little shabby for a top of the line bike. Still, the topcase is the one luggage piece I rarely remove, so, for me,not a biggie.

Screen is too small for effective airflow management. Anyone have experience with the Guzzi-offered "Touring Screen? Claimed increase of 35% size. That doesn't sound like much to me, so I may wait for the aftermarket to catch up before investing.

I did not buy the top box ,as it looks like the most ridicules thing perched high on the rear of the bike .
Did get the Guzzi touring screen seems good for wind protection have not been in the rain yet.I am 5’ 10”.
Got a minstrel radiator screen and have ordered an extended front mudguard as the std one is worthless.
Also raised the handlebars and extended the gear change lever .

Topcase is made by Shad, (not HB or GIVI, or OEM) and does NOT quick-release, a little shabby for a top of the line bike. Still, the topcase is the one luggage piece I rarely remove, so, for me,not a biggie.

I completely understand this reasoning…

Moto Guzzi took a bath on the Norge with its removable topbox. Most American buyers, being like they are, never bothered to read the manual and fully learn the proper way to mount and confirm attachment before riding off. Then their box went flying off and they wanted to blame Moto Guzzi. In the beginning, they were honoring claims for the lost top cases, but then they stopped becuase they don’t warranty ‘stupidity”. Now, they bolt onto the bike. Shad has been the maker of choice for Piaggio and Vespa for decades. Never Givi or Hepco Becker as far as I know.

Last edited:
Actually, they used Givi in the mid-90's and HB in the late 90's into the 2000's. The USA HB distributor still has the gel (silicone?) adhesive Moto Guzzi badges for HB bags in stock. I have one on a hip flask that looks really nice! Guzzi HB bag emblem ;)

Actually, they used Givi in the mid-90's and HB in the late 90's into the 2000's. The USA HB distributor still has the gel (silicone?) adhesive Moto Guzzi badges for HB bags in stock. I have one on a hip flask that looks really nice! View attachment 29470;)

…Shad has been the maker of choice for Piaggio and Vespa for decades. Never Givi or Hepco Becker as far as I know.

I don’t know about Moto Guzzi and wasn’t trying to imply. I only Piaggio and Vespa.

Good to know.

Which models came with those bag manufacturers bags?

Crap I wish I had known it was not removable. I hope it bolts and unbolts easy. I will only use it for passenger back rest and occasional travel

Screen is too small for effective airflow management. Anyone have experience with the Guzzi-offered "Touring Screen? Claimed increase of 35% size. That doesn't sound like much to me, so I may wait for the aftermarket to catch up before investing.
Replying to myself to comment that, after careful measurement (and reviewing my original order invoice--DOHHH!) that my Mandello is *already* wearing the touring screen, and, yes, it provides *modest* increased. Biondi and PowerBronze both offer a taller touring screen (approx 22"H x 15"W overall rather than 17"H x 14"W overall for the MG touring screen) I'll probably try to source one of those, possibly the Biondi, and see how it goes. (Both are also SUBSTaNTIALLY less in cost than the MG offering...)

To be continued... ;)

Replying to myself to comment that, after careful measurement (and reviewing my original order invoice--DOHHH!) that my Mandello is *already* wearing the touring screen, and, yes, it provides *modest* increased. Biondi and PowerBronze both offer a taller touring screen (approx 22"H x 15"W overall rather than 17"H x 14"W overall for the MG touring screen) I'll probably try to source one of those, possibly the Biondi, and see how it goes. (Both are also SUBSTaNTIALLY less in cost than the MG offering...)

To be continued... ;)
I have the "Biondi" on order. No idea when it will arrive here in SW Ohio. Agree the stock windscreen offers little protection. Hoping the "Biondi" will be satisfactory. Had my first service. Bike shifter is beginning to work better. Still "clunks" if I hurry the shifts between 1 & 2 and 2&3. No issues with the bike whatsoever. Though a couple of riding friends have had issues with both the standard (red) and "S" (green).

Reactions: BDS
Hope you like the Biondi… can’t wait to hear your impressions! Looking forward a non-eventful ride one day👍😁. (Barry)

I really need a little more "music" from this lovely machine. I received and installed the Mistral "Ice Grey" slip-on yesterday. I modified the stock dB killer with an additional 0.5" hole in the end cap. (technique: grind the domed end cap flat in the center, center punch it, stabilize in a drill press vise, and drill VERY slowly with a sharp bit and a little oil. Do NOT try to hold it in your hands. If the bit grabs at break-through, it WILL hurt!)
I absolutely do NOT want a "raucous" exhaust note, just a little more throaty and deeper "tune" from the noisemaker. Rainy yesterday, foggy today, so haven't done a test ride yet, just started the bike in the shop. Most of the restriction comes from the huge CAT under the belly of this machine, and I have no plans to modify that.
BTW, Mistral has the dB Killer installed with a "security" TORX bolt (the one with the tit in the center of the recess) rather than a standard socket head, so you'll need a VERY low-profile 1/4" bit ratchet and a security Torx bit to remove it.

**NOT QUITE Adequate clearance for the factory side case with its OEM standard heat shield.

EDIT: After a ride, I noticed a tiny rub spot from the heat shield. I removed the shield from the case, did a bit if careful bending in a brass-jawed vise at the interference point, problem solved.

20230505 102353 20230505 102418 20230505 103014

Last edited:
I really need a little more "music" from this lovely machine. I received and installed the Mistral "Ice Grey" slip-on yesterday. I modified the stock dB killer with an additional 0.5" hole in the end cap. (technique: grind the domed end cap flat in the center, center punch it, stabilize in a drill press vise, and drill VERY slowly with a sharp bit and a little oil. Do NOT try to hold it in your hands. If the bit grabs at break-through, it WILL hurt!)
I absolutely do NOT want a "raucous" exhaust note, just a little more throaty and deeper "tune" from the noisemaker. Rainy yesterday, foggy today, so haven't done a test ride yet, just started the bike in the shop. Most of the restriction comes from the huge CAT under the belly of this machine, and I have no plans to modify that.
BTW, Mistral has the dB Killer installed with a "security" TORX bolt (the one with the tit in the center of the recess) rather than a standard socket head, so you'll need a VERY low-profile 1/4" bit ratchet and a security Torx bit to remove it.

Adequate clearance for the factory side case with its OEM standard heat shield.

View attachment 29764View attachment 29765View attachment 29766
Nice looking "slip on"! Any idea how much weight was saved? My shop has an (expensive) aftermarket slip on available. May have to give it serious thought.

For me , at least, definitely NOT an all day saddle. Gonna give an Air Hawk a try for a while before I decide on a saddle rebuild.
Not all butts are created equal, I guess? I recently did a 300 mile day on mine with no issues. Guzzi offers a "comfort" seat along with the lower/higher/heated versions. The "Airhawk" should help!

Nice looking "slip on"! Any idea how much weight was saved? My shop has an (expensive) aftermarket slip on available. May have to give it serious thought.
I believe Mistral says 1kg weight saving. Most of the weight is in the CAT under the belly, not in the can.

I saved 20 lbs weight on my bike by going on a diet!! (25# more to go!!) :wasntme:

Back to mods…

So, now that I have the bike back from “rehab,” and it’s running fine, I’ve been putting on the accessories that showed up while waiting on the rpm sensor. Here are some shots. In addition to the crash guards and SW-Motech Day tank bag… The Guzzi touring screen works well with the XSreen extender I saved from my Norge. It changes the airflow enough to reduce the increased wind noise (vs stock screen). I also added the Evotech radiator guard (simple install), and Quad Lock mount/damper/wireless charger (center of pic 2) for my phone - and, the USB socket for the cockpit to power the wireless mount (two bolts and plug it in). I mounted it such that it sits between the TFT and the tank bag. And, it all works, with a simple 1/8” turn to mount/remove the phone!! Still waiting on hard bags… they tell me the end of the month. But, who “really” knows…? I need to chill on buying stuff though!!

Cheers!

IMG 0024 IMG 0023 IMG 0019

Back to mods…

So, now that I have the bike back from “rehab,” and it’s running fine, I’ve been putting on the accessories that showed up while waiting on the rpm sensor. Here are some shots. In addition to the crash guards and SW-Motech Day tank bag… The Guzzi touring screen works well with the XSreen extender I saved from my Norge. It changes the airflow enough to reduce the increased wind noise (vs stock screen). I also added the Evotech radiator guard (simple install), and Quad Lock mount/damper/wireless charger (center of pic 2) for my phone - and, the USB socket for the cockpit to power the wireless mount (two bolts and plug it in). I mounted it such that it sits between the TFT and the tank bag. And, it all works, with a simple 1/8” turn to mount/remove the phone!! Still waiting on hard bags… they tell me the end of the month. But, who “really” knows…? I need to chill on buying stuff though!!

Cheers!

View attachment 29957View attachment 29958View attachment 29959
I like the EVOTECH radiator guard! I was just thinking that it needed some protection from stones or other road debris! Where did you find it? I know you showed me your screen extender. Hoping to hear from our friends at Guzzi regarding the larger windscreen. Other than your bags you look like you're ready to "rock & roll"! "Tom" rode his standard Mandello a little yesterday and said it felt better and the shifting wasn't as bad. He just needs to put some miles on it and let it break in a bit! We need to "ride" soon!
Rick

Back