• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Mods thread

I didn’t care for the tone, or loudness, of the horn on my V100S, so I tried a 500hz horn from PIAA. It’s not a dual horn, so installation was easy, utilizing the existing leads and two spade connector extensions I made. Read description comments for additional info.

Comparison:

I just mounted a pair of

PIAA 85114 Slim Line 112Db 400Hz and 500Hz Twin Tone Sports Horn​

Each horn draws 2.7A, so total is well within the 10A fuse on that circuit. Just had to fab a 1:2 pigtail harness with 14G wire and some insulated spade lugs, easy-peasy. Now the bike sounds just like a car. I'll probably paint the horns with John Deer Blitz Black, a VERY durable non-reflective rattle can black to make the horns blend into the bike a bit more. (labels don't look like they want to peel very easily)

BTW, in picture 2, that's the Biondi Maxi Touring Screen on "Smoke" tint
20230527 151309 20230527 151351

Nice! FWIW… I was able to pull an edge of the label up, and once started, it peeled very cleanly.

I've still not heard any estimate on when my bags will arrive. The bags should have been available when the bike became available. I paid for the bags when I bought the bike over two months ago. This does not reflect well on Moto Guzzi.

The main purpose for a motorcycle is to provide transportation for me and my stuff. So far this bike has been great at transporting me, but an absolute failure at transporting my stuff. I have missed some great Springtime photo opportunities because I don't have secure storage for my camera. I've left the bike in the garage many days because I needed to carry my laptop with me. I have not yet made any grocery runs on this bike.

I've ordered a rack and top box. They seem to be readily available. I'll install them next week. I wish I'd done this earlier, but I believed the promise that I'd have a complete bike soon after the purchase.

I've still not heard any estimate on when my bags will arrive. The bags should have been available when the bike became available. I paid for the bags when I bought the bike over two months ago. This does not reflect well on Moto Guzzi…
I feel your frustration. Got my bike 4/26/23, but still no word on bags. I bailed on a trip to N Dakota next week with a couple buddies. Can’t go that far with just a tank bag🧐. However, I did finally get the title this week, so at least I now have a tag!

Good luck with the bags👍!

Guys, I can get the saddlebags reasonably quickly. Post again if you will purchase them from us, and I’ll get them online. Pricing will be higher than a dealer with shipping, but I’ll do my best to be of help.

Thanks, Todd. But I've already paid for mine as part of the bike purchase. So I'll just have to wait.

This is the only issue I've had with the bike. I've only put about 2500 miles on it so far, but it's already one of my favorite bikes I've ever owned.

Me too. Bags paid in full but nowhere to be found. Anxious to head north for few days and i only have a tail bag. No hooks, posts or rails to bungee stuff down Jed Clampett style either. But I love the bike! Smiling inside - the Guzzi experience.

Todd, thx for posting this for those in limbo. I’m in the same situation as Sterling and Tennessee… just waiting on them. Hopefully, soon👍.

Hi folks , Dave from good old Blighty 😁👍
Picked up my baby on Monday . Straight home and fitted……fender extender, rad guard,battery charger lead and tomtom lead.
Been out this morning to start running her in 932 miles to go ❗🤣🤣
Absolutely love her after 9 years of my gen2 ZZR 1400
Silly money for the engine protectors 😱but look good❗
Even bought inner bags for the panniers 👍
Nothing but spend,spend,spend 🤣🤣🤣
Will need your help for buying an adaptor for the tomtom please🙏
Dave, a very happy Hector

IMG 8527 IMG 8528 IMG 8525 IMG 8530 IMG 8570 IMG 8575 IMG 8577 IMG 8578 IMG 8579 IMG 8580

Congrats! Yeah, these bikes (any bike!) can be a money pit! Looks great! Mine’s in for the first service today! The shop told me, oil change/filter and map update, and the basic check over. You’re fortunate - we still are waiting on the panniers in my area! Enjoy the beautiful new V100👍😁.

I installed a remote garage door opener with the button fitted into the snap-in cover that would normally be removed for the optional usb in the front fairing. I found a ready to install remote (button with pre-soldered wire, connector, and small transponder). It is battery operated and not powered off the bike. Kustom Cycle Parts makes it/sources it.

Now if only my side cases would arrive....

I got a call from my dealer today. The bags are in! I'll go up there Saturday.

In the meantime, I had ordered a rack and top box from an internet store. Those arrived yesterday. I was unable to install the rack because I didn't have a T40 driver. That's really an odd fastener for something normal like a mounting point on a motorcycle.

I got a T40 today and I'll install the rack and box this evening. Pictures to follow...

I installed the rack. It is very heavy and sturdy. Mounting was easy once I had the correct tool.

The top box arrived without mounting hardware. I've reached out to the vendor.

Nice Rack 0459

Tennesee… glad to hear your bags came in! (Still no word on mine🙁). Rack looks sturdy!

I installed the rack. It is very heavy and sturdy. Mounting was easy once I had the correct tool.

The top box arrived without mounting hardware. I've reached out to the vendor.

View attachment 30457
When you removed the pre-installed grab rails, did the kit come with some sort of covers to go over the spaces on the side? Looking at removing the grab rails and didn't know what I could put over those spaces.

Back