• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100: MSTA FlyBy Week & Bike Thoughts

BDS

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
A friend and I attended the annual MSTA (Motorcycle Sport Touring Assoc) rally in Marietta, OH. Despite predictions of sunny days, there was threatening, overcast weather. We got rained on for a few hours on Friday. But, despite the rain… we had a good time riding great routes in Ohio, and W Va. The loops (out of Marietta) ranged from 60 to about 300 miles. We chose ones that were around 200, plus or minus ~30. We did 850 miles total.

Spent yesterday cleaning up a filthy bike… but, it performed well in the rain - as long I kept moving, the rain wasn’t too bad - my phone (nav) even stayed pretty dry. Note - this was a situation where I felt a difference using the wings👍. Kept the waist area a bit drier. The bike handled well in the wet, so that was a good finding😁.

I typically use REVER for nav, but the provided gpx maps wouldn’t load (I ”think” they were created in Basecamp, and had too many waypoints). So, I tried a new (to me) app called OsmAnd. A bit of a learning curve, but worked well (locked up twice tho🤔) - Maybe I’ll tinker with it some more.

Some pics…

Ohio River from RT 7 after the “triple nickel.”

Sunset from the Rally parking lot

An “alliterative” welcome to W Va

A rain stop…

Sistersville, W Va ferry

B&W From the ferry

The V100 is getting close to 3500 miles, and has smoothed out nicely. I feel like “we have adjusted to each other.” One of the better comfort (for long days) additions has been the Rox risers and grip puppies combo. I didn’t get any complete hand numbness, and the 4100 rpm vibration wasn’t as pronounced at the handlebar. Awesome trip for a couple of geezers!!

I wanted to head that way on my new Special, but I need to find some handlebar risers before I take a "long" ride. I'm in north central Ohio.
Glad it was a success, despite the rain.

Reactions: BDS
A friend and I attended the annual MSTA (Motorcycle Sport Touring Assoc) rally in Marietta, OH. Despite predictions of sunny days, there was threatening, overcast weather. We got rained on for a few hours on Friday. But, despite the rain… we had a good time riding great routes in Ohio, and W Va. The loops (out of Marietta) ranged from 60 to about 300 miles. We chose ones that were around 200, plus or minus ~30. We did 850 miles total.

Spent yesterday cleaning up a filthy bike… but, it performed well in the rain - as long I kept moving, the rain wasn’t too bad - my phone (nav) even stayed pretty dry. Note - this was a situation where I felt a difference using the wings👍. Kept the waist area a bit drier. The bike handled well in the wet, so that was a good finding😁.

I typically use REVER for nav, but the provided gpx maps wouldn’t load (I ”think” they were created in Basecamp, and had too many waypoints). So, I tried a new (to me) app called OsmAnd. A bit of a learning curve, but worked well (locked up twice tho🤔) - Maybe I’ll tinker with it some more.

Some pics…

Ohio River from RT 7 after the “triple nickel.”
View attachment 31924

Sunset from the Rally parking lot
View attachment 31919

An “alliterative” welcome to W Va
View attachment 31923

A rain stop…
View attachment 31920

Sistersville, W Va ferry
View attachment 31921

B&W From the ferry
View attachment 31922

The V100 is getting close to 3500 miles, and has smoothed out nicely. I feel like “we have adjusted to each other.” One of the better comfort (for long days) additions has been the Rox risers and grip puppies combo. I didn’t get any complete hand numbness, and the 4100 rpm vibration wasn’t as pronounced at the handlebar. Awesome trip for a couple of geezers!!
I also agree that the wings work.
People seem to compare them with huge fairings, which is so utterly stupid.
They are small and can’t work miracles.
But the V100 winglets and windshield are surprisingly good for a touring job.
Well done Moto Guzzi.

As I have ridden the V100 in torrential rain and wet roads I also agree that this bike handle wet roads well.
Feels confident enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: BDS
Back