• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 - Newbie - Oil Pressure Sensor failure

• Thread starter Deleted member marsgent
  • Start date
D

Deleted member marsgent

Hello Everyone

I am a new Guzzi rider and recently took delivery of a V100 in the black/grey combo after nearly 2 years wait. So far only 200km and a dash warning came on after getting home from the first ride indicating a problem with oil pressure. The dealer was very accommodating and picked the bike up from my house in case something more sinister was at play. Good service in other words. A week in the workshop and a new oil sensor am back up and running again but thought I would announce the issue in case of others having same.

Have never had a bike with cruise control before and although the owner's manual has 10 pages on connecting a smart device compared to the other controls I eventually worked out how to activate it while riding. There is nothing in the manual about it other than describing a mystery button called "cruise-control".

Still running the bike in and learning its quirks. Big adaptation from sports bike ergos but enjoying it so far. First thing will be to replace the tires with something decent. Have never been a big fan of Pirellis - (Watch me now as I duck for cover under the barrage of responses).

Looking forward to after the first service to see if the ECU activates a "normal" fuel map rather than the run-in map and if the overall performance changes in any way. Still feels bit tight and restricted.

bye for now

Attachments

• Guzzi.JPG
    Guzzi.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 6
There is no change to the ECU at the first service. The manual states that you can use the full performance once the first service is done. You could use full performance from zero miles but that is not recommended.

Hello Everyone

So far after only 200km and getting home from the first ride a dash warning came on indicating a problem with engine oil pressure. The dealer was very accommodating and picked the bike up from my house in case something more sinister was at play. Good service in other words from Peter Stevens in Vic. A week in the workshop and a new oil sensor am back up and running again but thought I would announce the issue in case of others having same and maybe leads to a recall of sorts. Am not particularly bothered as the platform and engine are all new and as a fellow engineer one can expect some teething issues.

Looking forward to after the first service to see how the "normal" fuel map responds rather than the run-in map and if the overall performance changes in any way. Still feels bit tight and restricted. Am hoping Akrapovic release a full system at some point that looks same as stock end can and cat.

Attachments

• Oil warning.JPG
    Oil warning.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 10
Sorry about the fault you encountered.
That was just an unfortunate coincidence I believe.
Those oil pressure sensors should just be any standard one on the market, and likely what the Piaggio group with Aprilia has been used a long time.
No need to reinvent such a part again just for the V100, so this isn’t related to a new model issue.

Good to hear that the local dealer was so helpful! 👍

As been commented several times before, the V100 is said to not have a special run in map.
It has full power from new, just need a careful run in period before starting to push it.

Merry Christmas 🎄

I am glad you are patient with your bike. New models are going to have issues no matter how hard the manufacturer works to release a perfect bike. I got an R75/5 in 1970 that was most likely one from the first shipment to the US. And yes I had a couple of issues but having a totally new latest bike in the marketplace was well worth any issues it had. My Mandello is really great even though the transmission was troublesome at first but is getting better with some miles. Probably like most Guzzis they get better with time.
kk

Thanks for the responses. Yes the gearbox is ok but the strong lurch when engaging 1st gear is sometimes embarrassing when at a traffic light. People look at you like the bike is going to take off underneath and leave you behind

Thanks for the responses. Yes the gearbox is ok but the strong lurch when engaging 1st gear is sometimes embarrassing when at a traffic light. People look at you like the bike is going to take off underneath and leave you behind
It softens up a bit with time.
Will still noticeable, but to a degree that you will forget about it in most situations.
Keeping pressure on the brakes will prevent the small ”rock” away.

Back