• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V2.0 Clam Stick AVAILABLE!

Spaceclam

Cruisin' Guzzisti
ALRIGHT! Batch 3 is shipping, and there are extras! This means you can still get your hands on one, cause once i am done with these, im done for good. This batch, as with the last one, will be the V2 type

Models will fit the G11, G12, B11, B12, as well as 1998+ EVs, Bassas, Jackals, Calis.

They replace the stock piece-o-crap with an easy to read aluminum model, which is clearly marked at the low and high level, as well as knurled in between. The sticks are PINNED AND PRESSED in place with thread locker, so they can not come apart. Price is $35 shipped. Send me an email if you are interested (avf@socal.rr.com), and be sure to tell me which bike you have!

Ship day is MONDAY.

-Clam

Attachments

• All.jpg
    All.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 276
Re:A REAL dipstick?

I'd be interested in one.
Would it be a pull out with o-ring seals or unscrew type dipstick?

The case is threaded, so it would be a screw out type. Of course, it would have an o-ring seal anyway.

I have one on my Sport 1100 that has a threaded collar that has a pull out center section with dipstick attached sealed by o-rings. Any chance for something like that?

It would be more work, certainly, since i dont have access to a CNC lathe right now. I have, in my noodle, a 3 piece press fit design that will make a threaded design easy, and the parts can be made several at a time.

I could make a pull out system, but ultimately, in order to keep things at "spaceclam" prices, the threaded solution is less expensive.

That being said, the threads will be much stronger, so the threaded length will be much less, making removal quicker. (probably about half)

Due to the much lower profit margin on these parts (vs the head guards and the tail pieces) i will need an order of about 10 before i proceed.

As before with the tail sections, If you are interested, please send an email to

AVF@socal.rr.com, and be sure to include the best way to contact you.

Cheers all,
-Clam

Nobody is ordering anything yet. I just need to know if the interest is there, in order to make it happen.

Ill whip up a cad model for you guys though. Please feel free to comment.

This is completely to scale. The textured bit on the "green zone" is the closest thing i had in my library to knurling.

Looks good to me... The Guzzi stick isn't really very effective... I would think my bikes engine is worth a 35 dollar investment

If it makes reading the oil level more precise then it does a better job, that's kind of the point...

Vivo

I've figured out a way i can do the pull out model just about as easily.

I personally dont think a pull out is as secure, since it relies on the condition of the o-rings, but i can do a pull out if you guys would prefer.

-Clam

I'm interested, but not in the pull out. Screw for me....

Spaceclam wrote:
What interest would there be in a REAL dipstick replacement for the G11, G12, B11, Stelvio, and Norge?

I am thinking a shaped aluminum knob, with a metal rod with CLEAR markings and a knurled "green zone" to make things easy to see.

Probably looking at $35 or so.

Good idea, nice design!
But - ahem - wouldn't an aluminum knob be hot, like in ouch!, when touched for a reading on the road?

That's why i originally suggested plastic.

But everyone seems to want aluminum.

Again, for those interested, email to AVF@socal.rr.com.

There only seems to be one request for a pull type, so screw type it is.

Cheers,

Can you make the knob in carbon fiber and the stick in polished billet aluminum and the hatching powder coated and the o rings in special colors to match my bike ? Nnoo io? OK, how about a screw IN and pull out stick? You pull it out but have to screw it back? OR maybe you can drill lightening holes in the stick part so we can save weight? OR a combo oil temp gauge with dippy stick in assorted flavors? That would be lovely....

Personally I just assumed everything down there is hot and use a wrench to loosen the thing, then I use my driving glove to open it...

How does one attach the stick to either aluminum or plastic? That's a real question, I was fooling around before... I was thinking the all metal would be more securely attached but as long as the stick stays attached then the knob can be anything I guess.

Vivo

vivo wrote:
Can you make the knob in carbon fiber and the stick in polished billet aluminum and the hatching powder coated and the o rings in special colors to match my bike ?
Vivo
:laugh: :laugh: I'll take mine striped red & white (like a peppermint):p

Count me in. Sounds like a fine idea

the stick will be a .002 press fit with green locktite into the knob. it WONT be coming out.

Ybfast, Allan, Guzzimark, ill put you on the list but please send me an email! As soon as you do, the list is up to 8!

For those of you who have already done business wit me, an email is still appreciated, but not necessary.

Back