Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

V2.0 Clam Stick AVAILABLE!

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by Spaceclam, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Spaceclam

Spaceclam Cruisin' Guzzisti

Re:A REAL dipstick?

HOLY S#!T

I have been blown away by the response to this. I posted this thread about 3 days ago, and the list is currently up to 16!

Im only making 20 though, and one of them is mine. This means, there is only room for 3 more!

Current progress report: the threads have been cut, and the O-rings have been delivered. Tomorrow i hope to cut the actual sticks, and maybe start on the handles. By friday's end, i should have all the pieces pressed together. This is of course, assuming i dont screw up.

By the way, if anybody is interested, i have ONE tail tidy remaining. The party has backed out, and other responses have gone cold. If any one wants it, it's up for grabs. $85 shipped.

2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Andrew, just a FYI... every two piece metal dipstick made has fell apart, and dropped the "stick" into the pan. I don't know how you plan on securing yours, but be aware of what the excessive vibration will do to it.

There's probably good reason Guzzi uses plastic aside from cost. ;)

3. Spaceclam

these are getting PINNED and pressed. That is, a pin will go through the threads (which are also pressed) through the cap body, and then through the stick.

it wont be physically possible to drop the stick.

4. Gootsy

Gootsy Just got it firing!

Re:A REAL dipstick SOLD OUT/WAITING LIST

Clam -

I tried to pm you but the system reset and erased my login details!

Which bikes does it work for?

Is the thread pitch suitable for any/every or just modern Guzzis?

How long is the column?

5. Spaceclam

Re:A REAL dipstick ANOTHER BATCH?

I know for a fact it will work on the g11 and g12, as well as the b11 and b12. As long as the thread is M20x1.5, i can make the stick any length you like.

I HAVE NO IDEA what the thread pitch is on any guzzis other than the four i just mentioned. My only guzzi is a griso, and i can only reference the part no's.

HOWEVER,

I am currently sold out. I have had several requests for an EV/Bassa/Jackal/Vintage stick, so if those requests keep coming, that's my next project.

6. Gootsy

Gootsy Just got it firing!

Thanks Clam.

I'll have to sort out the measurements of mine with a depth micrometer and work out the pitch. I can't imagine finding such a fine little detail in the useless quadruple language manual I have for my Guzzi!

7. Spaceclam

Re:A REAL dipstick ANOTHER BATCH?

So it has come to my attention that the EV/Bassa/Jackal/Late california models use the same threads as the current batch, the stick lengths are just different.

SO

If there is enough interest, i'll do another batch. Because i can put whatever size stick i want in my design, it's open to ALL the above bikes. Thats the G11, G12, B11. B12, Bassa, Jackal, Ev, Late california. If you want one, email me and let me know which bike you have. AVF@socal.rr.com

-Clam

8. anothersteve

anothersteve Just got it firing!

Clam, Money sent. Thanks, Steve

9. klaas123

klaas123 Cruisin' Guzzisti

anothersteve wrote:
    Ditto.

Thanks, Klaas

10. Spaceclam

Update!

Update at the top.

11. Spaceclam

Re:Update!

Ok, so next batch starts on monday. Anyone interested can put in a reserve between now and then. I WILL ONLY MAKE SO MANY EXTRAS and im sick to death of making these things, so when they are gone, they are gone.

if interested, send an email to AVF@socal.rr.com.

this batch will include sticks to fit the brevas, grisos, as well as the EVs, Calis, Jackals, bassas (all 1998+)

12. klaas123

klaas123 Cruisin' Guzzisti

Recieved my stick today and am impressed by it's look, feel and quality.

Thank you very much Andrew!!

13. YBFAST

YBFAST Cruisin' Guzzisti

Got it.. installed it... Holy Cr*p! I can read it in the garage without a bright light :)

(still think it would look better w/ peppermint stripes tho :silly: )

14. Spaceclam

Very cool, glad you guys like it.

The v2 sticks have a thicker rod on them :silly: and it's much more finely brushed. And the knobs wont be two tone, instead it will be milled finish all around.

Just for you, I will consider peppermint stripes for batch 3. Maybe instead of a handle, i can cut a gum drop or laser cut a gingerbread man.

Ill also include an optional tube of frosting for $5.

15. Spaceclam

V2 sticks are now shipping. These things look REALLY good.

Still taking names for a possible batch 3.

-Clam

16. Kid Thunder

Kid Thunder Cruisin' Guzzisti

Re:V2.0 Clam Stick NOW SHIPPING, list for batch 3

Count me in for the pinned & pressed fit model.
    Nice thought!
    Don-M aka Kid Thunder

17. Spaceclam

Kid Thunder,
    ALL of the sticks are pinned and pressed. If you would like one, i have a (rapidly) growing list for batch 3. Please send me an email at avf@socal.rr.com and tell me what bike model(s) you have, and ill put you down for however many you need.

Cheers,
    -Andrew

18. MarcoRod

MarcoRod Tuned and Synch'ed

Got mine today and it is incredibly light. Swapped it out and the Griso feels nimbler and zippier - almost like a dirt bike. What a performance upgrade :laugh:

All kidding aside - excellenet workmanship. Thank you!

19. Spaceclam

Update at the top, yall.