• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V2.0 Clam Stick AVAILABLE!

Re:A REAL dipstick?

HOLY S#!T

I have been blown away by the response to this. I posted this thread about 3 days ago, and the list is currently up to 16!

Im only making 20 though, and one of them is mine. This means, there is only room for 3 more!

Current progress report: the threads have been cut, and the O-rings have been delivered. Tomorrow i hope to cut the actual sticks, and maybe start on the handles. By friday's end, i should have all the pieces pressed together. This is of course, assuming i dont screw up.

By the way, if anybody is interested, i have ONE tail tidy remaining. The party has backed out, and other responses have gone cold. If any one wants it, it's up for grabs. $85 shipped.

Andrew, just a FYI... every two piece metal dipstick made has fell apart, and dropped the "stick" into the pan. I don't know how you plan on securing yours, but be aware of what the excessive vibration will do to it.

There's probably good reason Guzzi uses plastic aside from cost. ;)

these are getting PINNED and pressed. That is, a pin will go through the threads (which are also pressed) through the cap body, and then through the stick.

it wont be physically possible to drop the stick.

Re:A REAL dipstick SOLD OUT/WAITING LIST

Clam -

I tried to pm you but the system reset and erased my login details!

Which bikes does it work for?

Is the thread pitch suitable for any/every or just modern Guzzis?

How long is the column?

Re:A REAL dipstick ANOTHER BATCH?

I know for a fact it will work on the g11 and g12, as well as the b11 and b12. As long as the thread is M20x1.5, i can make the stick any length you like.

I HAVE NO IDEA what the thread pitch is on any guzzis other than the four i just mentioned. My only guzzi is a griso, and i can only reference the part no's.

HOWEVER,

I am currently sold out. I have had several requests for an EV/Bassa/Jackal/Vintage stick, so if those requests keep coming, that's my next project.

Re:A REAL dipstick SOLD OUT/WAITING LIST

Thanks Clam.

I'll have to sort out the measurements of mine with a depth micrometer and work out the pitch. I can't imagine finding such a fine little detail in the useless quadruple language manual I have for my Guzzi!

Re:A REAL dipstick ANOTHER BATCH?

So it has come to my attention that the EV/Bassa/Jackal/Late california models use the same threads as the current batch, the stick lengths are just different.

SO

If there is enough interest, i'll do another batch. Because i can put whatever size stick i want in my design, it's open to ALL the above bikes. Thats the G11, G12, B11. B12, Bassa, Jackal, Ev, Late california. If you want one, email me and let me know which bike you have. AVF@socal.rr.com

-Clam

Re:Update!

Ok, so next batch starts on monday. Anyone interested can put in a reserve between now and then. I WILL ONLY MAKE SO MANY EXTRAS and im sick to death of making these things, so when they are gone, they are gone.

if interested, send an email to AVF@socal.rr.com.

this batch will include sticks to fit the brevas, grisos, as well as the EVs, Calis, Jackals, bassas (all 1998+)

Got it.. installed it... Holy Cr*p! I can read it in the garage without a bright light :)

(still think it would look better w/ peppermint stripes tho :silly: )

Very cool, glad you guys like it.

The v2 sticks have a thicker rod on them :silly: and it's much more finely brushed. And the knobs wont be two tone, instead it will be milled finish all around.

Just for you, I will consider peppermint stripes for batch 3. Maybe instead of a handle, i can cut a gum drop or laser cut a gingerbread man.

Ill also include an optional tube of frosting for $5.

V2 sticks are now shipping. These things look REALLY good.

Still taking names for a possible batch 3.

-Clam

Re:V2.0 Clam Stick NOW SHIPPING, list for batch 3

Count me in for the pinned & pressed fit model.
Nice thought!
Don-M aka Kid Thunder

Kid Thunder,
ALL of the sticks are pinned and pressed. If you would like one, i have a (rapidly) growing list for batch 3. Please send me an email at avf@socal.rr.com and tell me what bike model(s) you have, and ill put you down for however many you need.

Cheers,
-Andrew

Got mine today and it is incredibly light. Swapped it out and the Griso feels nimbler and zippier - almost like a dirt bike. What a performance upgrade :laugh:

All kidding aside - excellenet workmanship. Thank you!

Back