Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

V50 series max oil temp w/dino oil

Discussion in 'Small Block' started by Martino, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Martino

Martino Tuned and Synch'ed

Does anyone know what the max oil temp is when the bike is running at say 70ish on the highway for an hour or so? I know the oil pressure gauges that you can buy and screw into the oil filler threads have a red line at 120C (248F) but does it really get that hot? I have read in Guzziology that using synthetic oil can lower the temp by around 10% but I am using dino oil at the moment.

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 10.10.31 AM.jpg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  2. Moto-Uno

Moto-Uno Cruisin' Guzzisti

When I used to see how fast my modified Le Mans 2 would go I frequently had my temp gauge
    just under 240 degrees Fahrenheit . For what it's worth , motor oils are only tested to the boiling
    point of water , synthetics handle higher temps better . But not a lot of bikes run oil temps that
    high under normal riding anyway . Peter

3. DeadEye

DeadEye Cruisin' Guzzisti

I have one of those dip stick oil temp gauges in the Honda, the most I’ve seen is about 100C ( 210F) that’s after some 100km/h + driving, I’ll slow down to 80-90km/h and it drops back to 90/95C

It’s a back road dirt bike.

4. Martino

Martino Tuned and Synch'ed

Guzziology states between 240-270F for a V7 so between all your posts and the bible, I believe I have a close enough answer, thanks much everyone.