Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

V65 engine in Monza frame

Discussion in 'Small Block' started by Monza_rider, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Monza_rider

Monza_rider Just got it firing!

Hi everyone,

First time poster, long time lurker.

I recently bought a rough V50 Monza and I got a complete V65 engine with gearbox but without carbs with it. I was wondering: if I'm going to rebuild the engine anyway, why not rebuild the V65 engine and use that? Does anyone have any experience with that? Looks like the frame of the V50 and V65 are the same. I reckon I need 2 PHBH 30 carbs? Is it plug and play?

Thanks in advance!

Jesper

Mayakovski likes this.
  2. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT di Razza Pura

Yes, it should slide right in ok. Yes, PHBH 30's with the Euro jetting works good.

3. Monza_rider

Monza_rider Just got it firing!

Thanks Steve! Do you know the differences between these two engines? Other than the obvious extra 150cc?

4. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT di Razza Pura

Just bigger, same head configuration. There is a shop manual that has all the specs on V35,50,65. Todd has it in downloads section.