• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V65c set timing & valve clearences

Sanders63

Tuned and Synch'ed
Greetings, just joined and naturally I did so for some help and discussion.
Would any of you travel on a V65C two up, pulling a 1 wheel trailer (third Wheel is the name of the trailer). :eek:
I also have a hannigan fairing I could stick on it.
I need to set the timing and set the valves on my V65C. Is there a step by step download or can someone send me something they have written down, or is it in a tech. article somewhere?
Looking forward to the discussion.
Will check back latter.
I was riding when 650s were the big bikes and 750s were massive.
Sanders

Ok, since nobody has said anything yet. :(
Looking at the altenator and points.
I have a red lead on the left side to points
I have a green lead on the right side to points.
Then I have a red lead that connects to the brushes.
Then I have a blue lead that has been on the spade under the brushes on left bottom side of altenator and
it has been connected to a spade on the right bottom side of the altenator.
Where should the blue lead actually go? :?:
Am I missing a connecting wire some where?

Hi & welcome to the forum! Yes I was a "Big Bike " rider in the day on a 650 BSA then a 750 Guzzi Ambassador. You are showing your age. I am not familiar with the V65 but there has got to be info out there on valve adjustments, I'll see what I can find.

In the meantime study on this: http://www.thisoldtractor.com/guzzi007/sportissimo.html
Follow the link or copy paste into your browser then scroll down to find your machine. These are wiring diagrams that you can save to your computer.

It will help if you post the year of the V65. If you don't have a degree wheel invest the bucks at a local auto parts store & get one. It will help for valve adjustments, setting timing etc. Is yours points/condensor or electronic ignition?

As far as towing a trailer, fairing etc on one of the small blocks I have no experience but tend to think it may be a little underpowered. The Guzzi smallblock has a pretty good following these days so I'm sure you will be able to get some good info before much longer.

:eek: New problem,
I was attempting to disconnect the points from the condensors to lube the advance and the post turned in the condensor, instead of the nut loosening. I was holding the spade with needle nose pliers and thought the nut was coming off, but the post was just turning.
What's the secret to this ?
This constitutes new condensors yes or no? :?:

:D The best part of all of this has been joining Guzzi Tech.
Thanks John for your help and I found my workshop manual for V35s through V65s.
One mystery remains. There is a hole behind the right cylinder, I looked through the manual and the only thing that vaguely might use it would be the original airbox. My carbs have small individual K&Ns.
Any info appreciated.

Sanders63 said:
:D The best part of all of this has been joining Guzzi Tech.
Thanks John for your help and I found my workshop manual for V35s through V65s.
One mystery remains. There is a hole behind the right cylinder, I looked through the manual and the only thing that vaguely might use it would be the original airbox. My carbs have small individual K&Ns.
Any info appreciated.

A picture would be helpful. Also look at a parts manual and see what would have been there. http://www.guzzitek.org/parts_list/pb/6 ... 8GB%29.pdf

Back