Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

V65TT

Discussion in 'Quota & TT' started by Fader, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Fader

Fader Tuned and Synch'ed

This is an OK trail bike, but with it's size and weight on the rocky and rutted fire roads it just won't steer or stop! (my friends on their Hondas destroy me) I've already heavily modified it, but it does need taller gearing for the freeway and it needs less weight and stiffer fork springs. It is a great bike on twisty paved roads and thru town. On single track trails it's lower gearing and low rpm torque will really surprise you. I have yet to get stuck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rob Buczynski

Rob Buczynski Just got it firing!

Aha! I recognize the dent in the tank...I owned that bike about 5 years ago- bought it from EPF in Prescott. (No, I didnt dent it!) The guy I sold it to in SoCal went through alot of trouble to get the forks straightened out. I do notice a few later mods there...shocks, fairing, exhaust? (It had dual shorty Supertrapps) I thought it was an absolute dog offroad(way unmanageable) and just too underpowered on the street. I ended up selling it because I thought I would surely blow it up! cheers -- Rob in Austin.
    [​IMG]

3. Fader

Fader Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi Rob-
    Not the same bike. I've had mine over 5 years and I got it from a friend in San Jose that has had it since new.
    I think the bike you had was owned by a guy in SoCal named Bill, who I was in contact with by email a few times.
    For sure off-roading it is tough, and on the freeway it revs really high! Kind of a dumb bike really, unless you live in the mountains. But it is a nice around town bike, and does great in the twisties.
    I think pretty much every '80's dual-sport with a metal tank has the same dents, especially Hondas.

4. klr

klr Just got it firing!

Hi Fader,

Nice looking V65TT. How does it compare to the KLR? Better on the road?... in the dirt?... smoother?

Thanks.

5. Elsjo

Elsjo Just got it firing!

Hi Fader, I know its an old threat, but in the picture I see you changed the front brake. Can you tell me witch parts you used and how much work was involved? I own a TT now for a couple of years, fun bike, but the original front brake doesn't do much..

6. Fader

Fader Tuned and Synch'ed

The caliper is a Brembo Gold line 4-pot mounted with a bracket that was custom made. The disc is from an 850T3 and the outer diameter had to be trimmed down. It works great, the master cylinder needs a different size and for sure I need to use steel lines though. In case the guy with the KLR still lurks, this bike weight-wise feels the same, but is much less bulky than the klr. The shaft drive gets a little jerky at really low trail speed, but all the instant torque will really save your ass. Mush better road and twisties bike too for sure

7. Elsjo

Elsjo Just got it firing!

Thanks a lot, I allready have a caliper of a Ducati monster 600 waiting to be fitted, so the only things a have to find is a disk and the correct master. I wasn't sure about witch disk would fit, and with a Moto Guzzi trackday coming up in April in Belgium, Mettet, I want to be sure to be able to brake :D
    So, thanks again, Els

8. ScuRoo

ScuRoo Just got it firing!

G'day fella's!

Just got onboard hoping to find a bit of info on TT tips for improving the front brakes. Great for a pebbly gravel road no doubt but as far as onroad goes - would the word dangerous be too strong? Anybody else had brake work upgrades done?

Recently landed a Monza I was after & got my hands on this TT as well - it has a great rorty note on it - only pic so far is the one from ad. It's destined to be my little bush-pig goose as my Quota is too heavy for a bit of bush bashing in the arvo' with my bro who has a Yammie wr250r so it'll be interesting to see how close I can keep to him!

Needs knobs so who's using what - any tips?

Attached Files: