Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

V7 11 Stone 2016 workshop Manual

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Mick Simmons, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Mick Simmons

Mick Simmons Just got it firing!

Hi from a Motoguzzi newbie. Is there a definitive workshop manual out there that covers the 2016 model. Also has anybody used the Tomtom plug behind the headlight. Do I need a special bracket for the satnav. Thanks.

2. sib

sib Cruisin' Guzzisti

There are factory workshop manuals, one for the engine and one for the rest of the bike. They can be found at various web sites, mostly free. However, they're not completely up to date, so they require a bit of interpretation.
    The Tom Tom plug plugs into a socket molded into the rear of the mounting bracket for the satnav unit. You can also find mating plugs online, but you'll have to dig a bit, they're not widely available. One, for example, is part of an obscure Mercedes automobile temperature sensor cable. Many folks give up, cut off the plug, and splice in a more common one. I didn't want to do that, so I found the Mercedes part, and connected the plug to a small handlebar-mounted USB adaptor. Employing a short USB-to-iPhone connector and a RAM mount, I use my iPhone as a satnav and it works out pretty well with the right app (I use MotionX GPS).

3. redge

redge Tuned and Synch'ed

AF1 Racing sells the Service Station Manual, the Engine Manual and the Wiring Diagram in .pdf form for download.

4. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

Guzzitech has manuals in the download section of this site.

5. abbienormal

abbienormal High Miler GT Famiglia

I don't have a V7 but I used the plug for the TomTom on my Norge. On mine there was just enough to reach if I mounted it on top of the upper fork clamp. I used a standard TomTom mount and a RAM mount. I know for the 1400 Guzzi makes a special mount but I have no idea on the V7.

6. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Wisconsin v7 Racer likes this.
  7. PresterJohn

PresterJohn Just got it firing! GT Famiglia