Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

V7-850 Evap and Tip Info

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by foggy95, May 23, 2021.

1. greer

greer Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Thanks, Dan!

Sarah

2. radioheadmike

radioheadmike Tuned and Synch'ed

Thanks for sharing!

3. radioheadmike

I ended up removing the spring instead of removing the cannister. I am noticing a quicker engine turnover with a slight press of the ignition button. The weather has cooled up here, so I can't really do any further testing. What exactly is the science behind the spring? What's the negative impact of removing it?

4. Chrisfer

Chrisfer Tuned and Synch'ed

It's much simpler, the downside is that you may possibly smell some gasoline vapors.

radioheadmike likes this.
  5. Alexandros

Alexandros Just got it firing!

Hello my friend,

I fasing also issues with the throttle around 3500 and 4000 rpm and my conclusion is poor mixture and since here in Greece we are over 32 degrees all the summer this symptoms are continuously. Can you confirm improved behaviour of the engine with the disconnection of the canister.

Thank you

Alexandros

Matt Bryant likes this.
  6. greer

greer Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

I'm happy to confirm that for you too, Alexandros. Disconnecting the canister eliminated the hiccup immediately. Google V7 850 hiccup for more reading.

Sarah

Matt Bryant likes this.
  7. Alexandros

Alexandros Just got it firing!

Thx Sarah for the info.

8. Pridanc

Pridanc Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Todd, so bottom line, we need to keep the line the line that goes to the tank from this two colored valve? I'm taking it is the Vent line to the fuel tank then? OK, I'll first modify the valve as you mention but then run a long line to the back of the bike so that IF fuel ever comes out of it, there is no chance of a fire... TY

9. radioheadmike

If fuel does get into the cannister due to overfill, does that raw fuel get burned eventually? or is the cannister kaput