• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7-850 Mods Thread

Has anyone put a touring windshield on their 2021 V7 850? I’m still looking for one. Also, anyone installed handlebar risers? If so, brand, model #, etc.?

Attachments

• D5C268EF-081E-4EB7-8A0D-69EF035B8821.jpeg
    D5C268EF-081E-4EB7-8A0D-69EF035B8821.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 13
Yes, I put an OEM windscreen on my '21 Stone. Part #2S001568. It fits well and is a good size compromise for adequate air deflection. N.B. The Special, with a different headlight, will require a different windscreen. I didn't put a handlebar riser on the '21, but my previous '16 V7 had a SW Motec riser. It looked good and performed well.

It’s 19.5”. I’m 6’1” and see over it easily. If you’re under 5’11” you might need something else.

Has anyone put a touring windshield on their 2021 V7 850? I’m still looking for one. Also, anyone installed handlebar risers? If so, brand, model #, etc.?
I have Moto Guzzi's "Touring" windscreen (part# 2S001569), but honestly I'd call it more of a Sport screen myself.

It fits and looks nice but is only meh on blocking the wind. I compare that to other small screens like Dart etc I have on other bikes so not comparing to a tall Givi etc. I think it would work a little better if the top lip area wasn't as rounded, but more flat with curved edges on the outside. I have one similar to that shape on my BMW Urban GS and it works better.

Here's some pix for reference.

20211113_103616-1-XL.jpg

20211113_103637-1-XL.jpg

This shows the more rounded shape. The screen is clear, it just looks foggy in this photo due to how the light caught it.
20211113_103647-1-XL.jpg

For reference this is the screen on my BMW I was mentioning about the shape.
20211109_182829-1-XL.jpg

My Saturday morning project - installing Hepco-Becker luggage and top racks. Also assembled my Caribou luggage. I’m pleased with the end result. Also tried to take a selfie that would show you the real height of my Givi windshield. Earlier pics made it look three feet tall.

Attachments

• 4840B0A5-761C-40D1-952B-9D68FCA43955.jpeg
    4840B0A5-761C-40D1-952B-9D68FCA43955.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 7D8C809B-7B65-4A81-8940-6F1125208FF9.jpeg
    7D8C809B-7B65-4A81-8940-6F1125208FF9.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 35
  • DE8E4719-EC2D-4439-8F76-6FC988AC078A.jpeg
    DE8E4719-EC2D-4439-8F76-6FC988AC078A.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 35
Does anyone know if this light will fit the 2021 V7 850?

Attachments

• DD2E2824-D608-42C9-94E4-5F7473A6C872.png
    DD2E2824-D608-42C9-94E4-5F7473A6C872.png
    127.7 KB · Views: 14

Here's a video with my crappy pixel 3a that won't let me record videos in landscape. I'll take another video with the wife's new iphone sometime tomorrow.

This is not the same bike that I bought a few months ago. This is a completely different experience. Better performance , 1st, 2nd gear are meatier. The bike is not running hot anymore. The sound is just perfect. Not too loud not too quiet. DB killers are on. It truly transformed the bike. And it's not struggling to turnover in the heat anymore.

I just took delivery of the same bike. Did you change anything for the Agostini mufflers? Air filter? ECU? How hard was it to change?

Does anyone know if this light will fit the 2021 V7 850?
It's not drop in, meaning it does not fit your headlight bucket, so the only way to do it is to purchase the whole assembly including fork clamp brackets, i.e. https://gtmotocycles.com/products/jws-motodemic-v7-iii-adaptive-led-headlight -- if you want the full kit, I can add the selection to the one you want as a full kit; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/jws-motodemic-evo-s-led-headlight - contact me direct email; Info @GuzziTech.com

I got the Agostini's on my V7 850. Kept the DB inserts in, bike runs fine for the time being.

Planning on taking out the inserts once a map in available.

Hello, do i stand correct in thinking that an exhaust made for the v7 III will also fit for the 850?
Thanks, Pavel.

It will not, no.
Shame, i was hoping i could put this on my bike, are you maybe planning on making something in this style?

Attachments

• 2016_Moto_Guzzi_V7_Stornello__7.jpg
    2016_Moto_Guzzi_V7_Stornello__7.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 2
I have the Agostini's on my V7-850. Currently running them with the DB killers in.

I sure would like to remove them. Will this cause a problem, running too lean?

I installed the Agostini exhaust with 11 miles on the bike. It sounds great! No interested in removing baffles/DB killers. Hoping the ECU learns since we are starting from the beginning. I am getting a little popping. See where it goes. From what I have read, it is best to leave the stock air filter. Changing the air filter will allow more air and make it even more lean. Looking forward to a proper ECU flash if one comes out.

I installed the Agostini exhaust with 11 miles on the bike. It sounds great! No interested in removing baffles/DB killers. Hoping the ECU learns since we are starting from the beginning. I am getting a little popping. See where it goes. From what I have read, it is best to leave the stock air filter. Changing the air filter will allow more air and make it even more lean. Looking forward to a proper ECU flash if one comes out.
Please don't assume or guess... it's all right here on the first paragraph; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/gtm-ecu-v7-v9-flash-tool.15044/

Back