• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Brake Upgrades

OK, so in summary to get the Brembo RCS15 Radial Front Brake master installed you need the below three items.

Brakes man. Tell your fiance that you are really concerned about being able to stop safely. She is sure to OK brake upgrades. If nothing else, put the brake parts on your bridal registry.

Such an approach will not work as well for performance upgrades.

Just a "balanced" reply reply and to give food for thought.

1. Dual front disks & calipers: Give a thought to the increase in Unsprung Weight they will add. Unless your front forks are upgraded too it is possible that worse handling (even weaker damping) will offset the increased "safety" that more aggressive front braking is said to provide.
  2. I do not think that the thrills of "one-finger" braking and "mini-stoppies" are worth the risk of a too-easily locked-up front wheel. How cool will you really look dumped on your squid arse?
  3. I have put almost 50,000 miles on a Breva 750cc. One disk, two-pot caliper. I never felt the front brake was anything but just right.

Think about it.

'Geezer

Think about it. 'Geezer
Well Dan, as someone who spent 2/3'rds of his life racing (~10 years Pro), I can certainly agree that the front brake for 90% of V7 owners is adequate. That said, my first race-bike (a Honda HawkGT) had a single rotor. While everyone was swapping to Honda F2 front ends with dual disks, I put a steel-braided line on and changed to the most aggressive pads available back then, and won a few Championships with it. There were a few tracks that taxed this set up and caused me to crash though, so as power and speed increased, it forced me to go to a far more powerful setup, like outlined above.
If those reading this are playing in the canyons or doing track days, and/or as one gets faster, the brakes can certainly use an upgrade. Not adding a second disk (nearly impossibly costly for headache and expense) for sure, but just changing the pads to Brembo sintered is a good first step.
For those who enjoy top shelf braking on other bikes, the above combo really gives amazingly good power and feedback. If you can see my brake hand in the MGS-01 pic below, one-finger power is incredibly important when your speed goes way up. Though, I went pretty quick on the drum brake Dondo as well... so if you're a high-mile street rider, probably not worth the money. For all others, it's a solid worthwhile investment. Food for thought.

With ABS I am not seeing the downside of more responsive brakes. On my BMW bikes the brakes (with ABS) were right there. So when I find myself in a situation on the street I would brake harder than needed and then let up as my brain tells me the threat is not too bad.

With the stock Guzzi brakes, now granted I only have about 300 miles on the bike, in a situation I find myself applying brakes, and then often making a decision to squeeze harder.

That initial bite is lost and can't be recovered, if really needed.

Also, I believe I am better at modulating the brakes when they have more initial bite and take a softer squeeze. I'm sure much of this is due to my riding style and skills. I'm sure an expert rider could out brake me.

To the specific point of unsprung weight on the 750 front end:

Does anyone have weight-difference specs for the 1-disk 1-caliper stock parts vs the 2-Disk 2-Caliper parts?

'Geezer

To the specific point of unsprung weight on the 750 front end:

Does anyone have weight-difference specs for the 1-disk 1-caliper stock parts vs the 2-Disk 2-Caliper parts?

'Geezer

No, and I doubt anybody will offer up any numbers to you as you try to continue to "stir the pot". Let it be.

Todd only sells the very best stuff here for which the majority of us are insanely grateful, and Stradagene has already stated that LOVES his brake upgrade.

Enough said.

No, and you'd have to also include the lower fork slider/stanchion, which doesn't exist, or weight of the alternate fork that does.

No, and you'd have to also include the lower fork slider/stanchion, which doesn't exist, or weight of the alternate fork that does.
Besides, as we can't have and or don't want two disks, I would think the real question is in the weight difference between the stock and upgraded calipers. Which I suspect is minimal.

If this upgrade works as well as I think it will, I could see having Todd look at doing the same for my KTM 690 Enduro with ABS brakes. I find the brakes on that bike a bit soft on street use too. Talk about a fun bike.

Excuse my ignorance, but do any of these upgrades work for the v7iii? Filtering the GT brake category for v7iii only shows the Brembo M4 master and pads. Or is that just a product tagging issue? Is the Brembo M4 a significant upgrade over stock? Or what are the recommended upgrade options?

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance, but do any of these upgrades work for the v7iii? Filtering the GT brake category for v7iii only shows the Brembo M4 master and pads. Or is that just a product tagging issue? Is the Brembo M4 a significant upgrade over stock? Or what are the recommended upgrade options?
Store filtering now revised.
Upgrades to all of the V7 line include those mentioned previously on this thread. You just have to read above. The ABS bikes slightly complicate things with multiple brake lines. However it can be done. The RCS15 master cylinder pump and axial mount 4-pad caliper are an amazing upgrade. The radial mount M4 is for my Ohlins front end conversion only. Hope that helps.

Brakes man. Tell your fiance that you are really concerned about being able to stop safely. She is sure to OK brake upgrades. If nothing else, put the brake parts on your bridal registry.

Such an approach will not work as well for performance upgrades.
Worked for me and I'm loving the new setup!

What about this solution ?
A simple upgrade of diameter : guareschimoto.it/prodotto/dischi-freni-v7iii-320-5-sport-gcbd-2/

I think the braking system is my next notable upgrade.

Thanks for the useful information guys.

Last weekend I installed clip-on bars,I installed them with the new, shorter brake line that came with the new bars. But actually have no idea what is the lenght of it. I understand Ill want to upgrade it. Anyone can tell me the cable lenght ill need to order?

What about this solution ?
A simple upgrade of diameter : guareschimoto.it/prodotto/dischi-freni-v7iii-320-5-sport-gcbd-2/

I installed a larger rotor on the front wheel of my 2012 KLR 650 and it made a HUGE difference in braking performance.

Jason

Back