• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Cafe Racer Fairing

Getting closer:

Fairing.jpg

Out of interest, are you finding the main mounting bracket is interfering slightly with left full lock.
Mine is.
Only holding it a few mm away from the stop, and not enough to cause any issues, but I'd be happier if the bracket work sat perfectly central, which it doesn't.

Hi Sandy,

Lovin' the look of the bike!

I ordered a gloss black fairing from Anna a few days ago for my V7 Racer and then stumbled across this site! Looks as if it will be really useful! So "Hi" from a newbie and drinks on me from the virtual bar! :D

Do you have any tips on the fit and use of the fairing? Anna has sent me the .pdf fitting instructions which were a little more complex than I first anticipated (I note your comment regarding the routing of the brake light switch cable).

Thanks in anticipation of any assistance you can give!

Tim

(P.S. I'm in the UK; looks as if you are too?)

Pie-Man said:
Hi Sandy,

Lovin' the look of the bike!

I ordered a gloss black fairing from Anna a few days ago for my V7 Racer and then stumbled across this site! Looks as if it will be really useful! So "Hi" from a newbie and drinks on me from the virtual bar! :D

Do you have any tips on the fit and use of the fairing? Anna has sent me the .pdf fitting instructions which were a little more complex than I first anticipated (I note your comment regarding the routing of the brake light switch cable).

Thanks in anticipation of any assistance you can give!(P.S. I'm in the UK; looks as if you are too?)

Hi mate
I got the standard instructions with mine which I felt more of a guide to be honest.
They were not all that that helpful.
I did have a few issues and I can certainly give you some tips to save you a few of the headaches I had.
For example, the final stage is to fit the supporting arms to each side of the upper fairing.
These secure underneath the main bracket with two bolts.
If you stick to the instructions, you'll have already installed the clocks, but then find it impossible to get to one of the two bolts on either side.
The answer ?
Leave the clocks (secured to their bracket), off until this is done.
They can be easily fitted after the fairing has been completely installed, and so on.
Just one example.
Yes I am in the UK and happy to help.
PM me and I'll give you my address and tel. no.

sandy said:
Hi mate
I got the standard instructions with mine which I felt more of a guide to be honest.
They were not all that that helpful.
I did have a few issues and I can certainly give you some tips to save you a few of the headaches I had.
For example, the final stage is to fit the supporting arms to each side of the upper fairing.
These secure underneath the main bracket with two bolts.
If you stick to the instructions, you'll have already installed the clocks, but then find it impossible to get to one of the two bolts on either side.
The answer ?
Leave the clocks (secured to their bracket), off until this is done.
They can be easily fitted after the fairing has been completely installed, and so on.
Just one example.
Yes I am in the UK and happy to help.
PM me and I'll give you my address and tel. no.

Thanks for the tip! PM sent.

My dealer is running into a snag installing the fairing.

For those of you that have done this, is the fairing supposed to touch the gas tank?

The support arms are so tight, that there is no room to get the fairing on with either the old or the new replacement gas tank on.

photo-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

What are we doing wrong?

I test fit mine last week and it fit perfectly. I'll go look again but I think I remember the lower bracket attach ears were in the same place your's are. The fairing is pretty snug to the tank if I recall. Huh, I'll go check.

minimike said:
is the fairing supposed to touch the gas tank?

Yes it is, but you should find there are small rubber stops on either side of the fairing at the tips to space it away and stop it damaging your paintwork.
These rubber stops rest tightly on the tank.

minimike said:
The support arms are so tight, that there is no room to get the fairing on with either the old or the new replacement gas tank on. ?

Yes I found they were very tight against the tank, and had to bend them out slighty.Just grab the arms at the end and pull them gently towards you.
You only need to bring them out very slightly.
When fitted, the fairing must rest against the tank via the two rubber stops supplied to limit vibration.

Your's is on there correctly, the only thing I can think is that the attach holes for the lower support are slotted, maybe it can slide down some? It wouldn't take much for it to be too high and rub the tank. Keep us posted! :D

Is the bike here a Classic ?
If it is I think you may be in for a shock because the fairing whon't fit with your handlebars.
I maybe wrong, but I don't think I am.
You'll need to swap for the Cafe bars.

Hi all!!

Here another Stucchi fairing owner. Got it right here... in my house, waiting to be installed.

Instructions are really a joke. I will get some help, or I'll go crazy.

Got a Cafe Classic, but I forgot to purchase a couple of handlebar mirrors. I didn't realize that stock ones won't be compatible with the fairing (no housing for them). So, could you point me to any mirrors who could fit the stock bar?

Thanks. I've read some nice advices here.

Hey, welcome to the forum!
I am planning on installing the Stucchi mirrors on the fairing when I get mine together.
I had some CRG Lanesplitters on some Tommaselli clip ons, but I hated the way the bar end mirrors look.
I tried to find some bar end mirrors that would fit the stock Guzzi Cafe handlebar a few months ago, but didn't have any luck.
Keep us posted on your installation!
Cheers

damoru said:
In a Spanish forum I've seen that a buddy has installed Rizoma mirrors. I'm very happy with Rizoma overall quality (not so happy with its prices). I'll come back with pics ASAP.

Yea, pictures would be great. How much $ (or Euros) did they set you back?

sign216 said:
damoru said:
In a Spanish forum I've seen that a buddy has installed Rizoma mirrors. I'm very happy with Rizoma overall quality (not so happy with its prices). I'll come back with pics ASAP.

Yea, pictures would be great. How much $ (or Euros) did they set you back?

Rizoma cost around $250 for a pair here in North America. you can probably get it a bit cheaper in Europe

damoru said:
Hi all!!

Here another Stucchi fairing owner. Got it right here... in my house, waiting to be installed.

Instructions are really a joke. I will get some help, or I'll go crazy.

Got a Cafe Classic, but I forgot to purchase a couple of handlebar mirrors. I didn't realize that stock ones won't be compatible with the fairing (no housing for them). So, could you point me to any mirrors who could fit the stock bar?

Thanks. I've read some nice advices here.

You should have got some fairing mirrors in the kit.
I did.
The instructions for fitting the fairing make it appear a lot harder than it is.
I fitted mine over two days, but now I'm familiar with it, I reckon I could do it start to finish in under 2 hours.

Back