• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Cafe Racer Fairing

I must admit the Stucchi mirrors look a lot better attached than I thought they would.
I didn't think they'd look right but they do.
I guess you must get a fair amount of blurring, knowing how much "bounce" there is in the fairing over even mildly uneven road surfaces.

Finally got mine installed yesterday. I am sticking with CRC Bar-end mirrors (Not Mounted in photo.)
I think the included Stucchi's will vibrate too much.

It was a bear to install. I pretty much ignored the instructions.

Attachments

• roofus-V7CFair.jpg
    roofus-V7CFair.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,234
Was white, now green. Cell phone pic from the shop:

photo-4.jpg

I like the panniers but I see you had to fit the standard classic silencers to accommodate them.
Something happened after I fitted my fairing which I wasn't expecting.
Fuel consumption improved a lot.
I mean at around 50mpg (Imp) it was already good, but since being Stucchi'd it's jumped to 57mpg.
:shock:

Attachments

• FAIRING.jpg
    FAIRING.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 1,073
I see this fairing is still available, but only for up to the V7II Racer by the listing. What would make it incompatible with the V7III Racer?

follow up:

I wrote the manufacturer asking about installation on the V7III Racer. This was their reply:

Gentile cliente
Abbiamo ricevuto tramite il nostro sito richiesta di informazioni circa il nostro accessorio Carena per i modelli Moto Guzzi V7.
Ad oggi la informiamo che non abbiamo mai provveduto all’istallazione della stessa su modello serie 3, ma siamo certi che altri nostri clienti sono riusciti ad adattarla su tale modello.
Noi stiamo effettuando le verifiche per l’istallazione, ma ripetiamo non abbiamo ancora testato tale accessorio sulla 3 serie
Rinnovandole la nostra disponibilità per ogni chiarimento in merito, le inviamo i nostri cordiali saluti

google translate:
Dear Customer
We received information via our site about our Carena accessory for the Moto Guzzi V7 models.
To date, we inform you that we have never provided for the installation of the same model series 3, but we are confident that our other customers have managed to adapt it to this model.
We are carrying out the checks for the installation, but we repeat that we have not yet tested this accessory on the 3 series
Renewing our availability for any clarification on this, we send our best regards
So ... they're looking to see that the installation works but haven't completed that work yet. They know of other buyers who have adapted it successfully. But of course no commitment yet and no date for when they'll be done.

About what I expected... :D
I'm sure it isn't impossible. Whether I want to tackle the project ... that's something to mull over. It might be very simple and easy...

G

Has anyone here had luck adapting this fairing to the V7 Stone III or heard anything from Stucchi regarding the fitting to the newer model?

The V7III Stone figment will be the same as for the Racerother than that you will need to change the handlebars to something lower, more like the Racer clip-one. The standard bars won't fit.

I haven't done it yet, but I found a listing with a lot of photos of the bracketry, not yet for the V7III. It doesn't look to me like there are any insurmountable incompatibilities, just the way it fits right at the steering head may need a little adaptation. And, of course, the usual kind of "hmm, they moved this bolt hole" possibility.

I am planning to order one. I know they take a while to arrive...

The V7III Stone figment will be the same as for the Racerother than that you will need to change the handlebars to something lower, more like the Racer clip-one. The standard bars won't fit.

I haven't done it yet, but I found a listing with a lot of photos of the bracketry, not yet for the V7III. It doesn't look to me like there are any insurmountable incompatibilities, just the way it fits right at the steering head may need a little adaptation. And, of course, the usual kind of "hmm, they moved this bolt hole" possibility.

I am planning to order one. I know they take a while to arrive...

Sounds like what I was thinking, I'm a bit worried about the dash (speedo- & tachometer) which has been reduced to just the speedometer on the new V7 III. I would have liked to keep the handlebars where they are right now and not go to clip-ons to keep my current riding position, but I guess if you're in for a penny, you're in for a pound.

Could you send me a link to the listing with photos on the bracketry?

Right now according to the website, the matte-black with clear-glass is available in 1 week:

http://lgccompany.it/en/fairing/153...ido_matt_bla/moto_windshield_colo-transparent

I can't remember where I found the photos; I think it was the MG Cycle website. I nipped screen shots for reference and put them into a PDF file. If you send your email address, I can mail the PDF to you

I should probably order the fairing. Matte black would do fine for me, since I plan to have it painted anyway. :)

Hi I'm new here, only joined to post this for you, I'm looking in to fitting the stucchi fairing to the V7iii, looking at the frame's from the i and ii they differ from the iii, on the i and ii there are two horns and it looks like the fairing picks up on the horn mounting holes, unluckily the iii doesn't have these holes, so although i'm sure you could get the fairing to fit, it won't be a straight buy it and bolt it on. hope this helps someone and if anyone has managed to do it I'd love to see some photo's

Thanks!

Yes, I saw those differences as well. I think they can be accommodated with a little bit of drilling for the two side bolt holes, backed with a nut and washer, maybe a custom bolt. The front mounting point might be done with a custom fab'ed little bit of bracketry to replace the V7II front mounting.

It's a little bit of a project, but I think the amount of customization required is small. Now that my suspension and wheels/tires job is done and paid for, I will put an order in for the fairing and then see what it takes to fit it. :D

G

"Fools go where the brave fear to tread."

Thats exactly what I was thinking, hope you get it to work out. If I get round to doing it i'll put some pics on here for you to see, but the speed I work at you'll have probably done it and had three different bikes by the time I get round to it.

Back