• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Cafe Racer Fairing

DP: harris posted images of the frames which are from the parts books for the V7 models.

The drawings of the V7I and II frame show a mounting hole on each side at the downtube/toptube junction and a crossbar mount between the two downtubes at the front which differ from the V7III frame. The exact dimensions of the frame tubes and steering head are a little different too, as we know the V7III steering head tube has a larger diameter. But not that different because we know the tanks interchange.

The Stucchi fairing mount is a set of steel plates that are designed to bolt tightly to the V7 I and II frames using these mounting points. To fit it to the V7III model frame will require that it be reshaped to accommodate any differences in the frame tubes dimensions and then mounts have to be incorporated for the mounting points.

It's going to be a little bit of work to get done, I'm sure. The only way to know precisely how much work is to buy a fairing kit, take things on the bike apart, and measure up the differences with the actual pieces in hand. So step one is to order a fairing kit and wait for it to show up...

... Or wait for Stucchi to update the mounting bracketry for the V7III frame. Which is another reason why it is useful to wait for a little bit before ordering—They just might do that! ...

I figure that between the fairing, the JW Speaker headlamp assembly that I'd want to fit it with, mount modifications and such, and painting the fairing, it'll cost in the neighborhood of US$2000. That's a bit o' dosh given that I just dumped a wad on the wheels, tires, and suspension upgrades, so I'm taking a little breather before launching into this project to ride and enjoy the bike as it is for a bit. I don't want to lay Racer up for a project through the best part of the riding season either... :D

Looking closer at the fairing I think the headlight is different on the v7 iii do you think you need to run an earlier headlight with the stucchi fairing Any thoughts?

The headlight mounting points on the V7III are definitely in a different location.

I consider this an opportunity to upgrade to the JW Speaker Adaptive LED headlight assembly, which has the same mounting points as the V7II headlight ... and is a far better headlight. :D

Thought so cheers I’ve only been looking at photos. Tell me more about this adaptive headlight does it still have a classic look like the v7.

Thought so cheers I’ve only been looking at photos. Tell me more about this adaptive headlight does it still have a classic look like the v7.

... I had fitted one to the Ducati Scrambler I bought before I came to my senses and traded it for the Racer. It's the best single-headlight setup for a motorcycle I've ever used.

The Scrambler was SUCH a pain to work on and take the headlight off again, refit the OEM equipment, that I just let it go with the bike and sold the OEM headlight assembly separately to get back most of my money on it. I've planned to fit one to the Racer since I bought the bike, but I am still going back and forth on the fairing and it will wait until I've finalized my plans for that.

Back