• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 "Class 3" Error code - Faulty Ignition switch

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Revised thread with original post by Mike Tyron below...
2 months ago my 2014 V7 Special had its CPU re mapped. It started up no problem. after sitting for a month I tried to start it and it made clicking noises and the dash read Class 3. The clicking noise makes me think it might be a low battery but, the error code means it could be something else. Where can I look for list of codes and their meanings?

put it on the charger and then see what it reads after its all charged up.

Not sure if this helps or not, but my wife's 2014 V7 had the Class 3 code displayed and after replacing the battery the code was no longer displayed. I know there is a code for a bad/dead battery, so it is a little confusing to see an unlisted code appear. The dealer had no explanation either. All is good now.

I unfortunately let my battery go flat - leaving the bike unused in the garage. I recharged it Ok, but have had problems a couple of times now with error message "Class 2" being displayed (very quickly) on the instruments and the bike dying on me. I managed to fix it by fiddling with the battery terminals and retightening them and I suspect they just weren't tight enough when I put the battery back in. On the other hand, maybe it needs a new battery or maybe those accessories (SatNav, heated grips) are causing problems. I shall see how I go for now.

2 months ago my 2014 V7 Special had its CPU re mapped. It started up no problem. after sitting for a month I tried to start it and it made clicking noises and the dash read Class 3. The clicking noise makes me think it might be a low battery but, the error code means it could be something else. Where can I look for list of codes and their meanings?
I am facing the exact same problem. Dead battery I guess?

Yes, upon replacing the battery every thing was great. I have heard that there are voltage regulator problems with the V7s. I sold mine two years ago and purchased an Eldorado! Love it, I do miss my V7 from time to time.

Yes, upon replacing the battery every thing was great. I have heard that there are voltage regulator problems with the V7s. I sold mine two years ago and purchased an Eldorado! Love it, I do miss my V7 from time to time.
Replace your rec/reg with a MOSFET type model. You'll get around 25w extra for farkles and it'll put a steady 14. 4 to 14.6 v from idle to forever.

We had a V7 in the shop with a "Class 3" error when the key was turned on, even with a fully charged good battery. Turns out the soldier on the main power in the key switch assy base broke loose, pic below. Just a FYI.

Class3Error KeySw

Hi,
My bike (V7) has no power when I swerved to the left.
I found the welding were broken (please see picture attached).

I have a couple of questions:
- is the order of the colors the same for all the bikes? I.e. orange external?
- the base looks very used, should I look for a new base to replace that one?

Thank you!
f4b

IMG 20191010 WA0005

Why I always keep my bikes on Battery Tenders and load test the batteries quarterly. Not that either will fix a broken solder connection, but they help in other ways.

We had a V7 in the shop with a "Class 3" error when the key was turned on, even with a fully charged good battery. Turns out the soldier on the main power in the key switch assy base broke loose, pic below. Just a FYI.

class3error-keysw-jpg.18275

looks like the green wire has seen some heat beyond the original soldering. not sure if this is a factory solder joint quality issue, or an over current issue.. either way, the plastic is fubar...

On my to-do list for the '04 Breva 750 is to remove the switch and encase the "cup" at the bottom with epoxy or other tough adhesive to keep the wire ends from vibrating and breaking the soldered joint.

Back