• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Classic 2012 Evap Canister Removal Questions?

Ajamboree1

Just got it firing!
Hi all,

we are removing the evaporation can on our 2102 v7 classic to properly run Todd's ECU reflash. I've poured over this entire forum (and others) diligently regarding this procedure and I still have some questions. there is lots of info on v7 II and III which I'm adapting to my V7 I.......Im not looking for a full run down on this procedure....just help with two questions....Please advise. thx

First question: Most members seem to simply block off the hoses that linked both throttle bodies to each other at the Y junction, or they connect both throttle bodies to each other using a length of hose....seems kinda sloppy to leave superfulous hoses to me....

Can I simply replace the banjo bolts on the each throttle body with a properly sized regular bolt to block off this air passage way? I see someone did this on a Griso. See pic of the banjo bolt I'm referring to....

IMG 0993

2nd Question: Our evaporation can has a third hose that climbs up the right side of the bike and goes into the air box. See photo of this hose...i'm pointing to where is enters the airbox in the photo. What do I do to this hose? Block it off at the airbox?

IMG 0992

Yes, cap them if you like. The hose to airbox , delete & plug airbox hole. You can run line from tank overfill & vent down to fresh air under bike. Take hoses out, you'll find the tipover valve behind LH throttle body on the hose, delete valve & run down to fresh air.
To find a thread on it you may have to look to 09' threads.

You can remove the airbox feed hose, and I recommend leaving the intake barbs, and running a single hose from one side to the other. They idle better and also make it easier for future throttle body balancing.

I just purchased my 09 V7 Classic with 2800 miles on it. Check engine light came on which led me to this great forum of fellow Guzzi enthusiasts! It had all the symptoms listed by others which seemed to be cured by the evap and tip delete. I was planning to ride with my dad after work (and the dentist ugh) so I got up early and headed to the garage to perform the delete. But I couldn’t make sense of the hoses and couldn’t seem to find what I was looking for. Turned out the delete had already been done by the previous owner BUT he had not plugged the ports on the intake as mentioned above. After plugging them the bike started better, ran much better without the decel popping sounds and no engine light! After 80 miles today I’m loving this bike! Just need to eliminate to exhaust baffles now to improve the music.

Some times it is better to be lucky than good.
Glad your issue turned out to be so simple.
It is nice to figure out a problem and fix it.
Better than the previous owner I think.

I have a 2010 V7 Classic and I'm thinking about doing the evap canister deletion. I've ready many posts about this subject and I think I have the basic procedures down, but I have one question: my fuel tank has two vent nipples on the underside. The Guzzi workshop manual for my bike only shows one, and all the threads I've read only discuss one tank vent.

One of my vents has a line going to the evap canister, with the vacuum regulator spliced in, just like everyone describes. The other one just has a hose connected, which runs down through the frame and ends at the evap canister, but not connected to it - so it's just venting into the air. If I were to plug/remove the evap system, what do I do with this line?

Updating my previous post: I have neutralized my evap recovery system but not removed it from the bike (with one exception) in case I don't like the results or want to sell the bike later.

I disconnected the lines at the throttle intakes (I have a two-throttle body setup) and replaced them with a line that connects them directly to each other, as recommended by Todd above. I capped the old lines and zip-tied them to the new one so they are secured. I then disconnected the airbox feed line at the airbox and capped the line and the port on the airbox.

I removed the section of line containing the vacuum regulator down to the evap canister, so now I have a line coming from the tank that simply vents into the air in the space behind the starter motor. I capped off the port on the canister.

As I stated above, I have two vent nipples underneath my tank. With the changes I have made, both of these now have lines connected to them that are routed beneath the bike and just vent into the open air. Do you see anything amiss with how I have done this?

Back