• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Classic Light Tourer

cvcaelen

Tuned and Synch'ed
or,

Moto Guzzi V7C LT B)

10667f5b05.jpg

bd2682df73.jpg

240ecc2be0.jpg

Those are the modifications I've made:

centerstand
screen
GPS (not visible)
hard saddlebags

what can a "real" tourer have more ;)

Christiaan

Nice job Christiaan, far better then Piaggio's attempt shown at the EIMCA show:

The V7 sure is a pretty bike, saw one in the flesh last week and they look even better up close than in pics. Your's looks even better with the additions.

- fairing
- fuel gauge
- heated grips
- heated seat :silly:

You're right — having a heart-attack while riding must be the most ideal way to go :silly:

I do quite a few big trips on my Sessantacinque GT (V65GT). It has Givi hard bags and rack and a screen if I decide to put it on. It is an admirable tourer except for the small fuel tank. On a number of occasions I have ridden from home, Queensland, to visit family and friends in Melbourne. That's about 2100km each way. Its the 16 litre tank that slows me down as I have to fill up often. Towns with fuel can be well over 100 km apart in country NSW so I need to be careful.

The V7 Classic with fuel injection and 750 motor would be clearly a step up in the power department and probably fuel efficiency. I know of a couple on another list who keep a Breva 750 in the USA and go there every year and tour 2 up on it.

I do prefer my LM III for long trips though. I have made it more comfortable with a corbin seat and higher bars. The 25 litre fuel tank gives phenomenal range, well over 400km.

I was on a ride with a group a while back. several of the riders had goldwings. The group came to a halt as one of the goldwings had a mishap. The rider had accidentally lowered his support wheels while riding and blown his hydraulics. I was standing by my MK III when one rider approached me and asked if I had any spare hydraulic fittings. I stared at him in disbelief and asked "why would I carry hydraulic fittings?" :blink:

This just goes to show that more is not always better.

cheers.

He lowered his what? You mean he, erm, moves around in some sort of wheelchair when not on his bike? :silly:

(the B750 has a pretty large tank too, but when I heard someone mention the consumption he sees in city riding, the numbers were hardly any better than I get on the Norge!)

RJVB wrote:
He lowered his what? You mean he, erm, moves around in some sort of wheelchair when not on his bike? :silly:

(the B750 has a pretty large tank too, but when I heard someone mention the consumption he sees in city riding, the numbers were hardly any better than I get on the Norge!)

Support wheels or whatever you call them. Some Goldwings have them. The rider can lower them as they come to a stop and they keep the bike upright. They are hydraulically operated.

They have wheels are on the ends of the arms so they roll if the bike isn't at a complete stop.

Its true!!!! :p I couldn't make this sort of stuff up.!!!! :laugh:

They obviously can't cope if they come down while leaning through a corner though. :lol:

Morizzi wrote:
RJVB wrote:

Support wheels or whatever you call them. Some Goldwings have them. The rider can lower them as they come to a stop and they keep the bike upright. They are hydraulically operated.

They have wheels are on the ends of the arms so they roll if the bike isn't at a complete stop.

They obviously can't cope if they come down while leaning through a corner though. :lol:

I can't believe what I'm reading!:blink:
Why don't these guys buy a small open car instead?

The 750 CAN be quite hard on gas when pushed properly. Depending I can get everything between 200 and 325-350 kms from a full tank. I realized how well you can economize on gas this summer, when I'm in the middle of the Hungarian puszta, after making some foolish detours, suddenly found myself in a severe need for a gas station .
The puszta nowadays is nothing but an enormeus corn field, very sparsly populated. And not every village are equipped with gas stations and other modernities such as groceries or cafés!
When I, after very smooth riding during 50 kms eventually found a gas station, the tank filled just a little more than 16 litres, which actually is just about what you can fill. It's not 17, as stated in the specs!

Holt wrote:
Morizzi wrote:
RJVB wrote:

The 750 CAN be quite hard on gas when pushed properly. Depending I can get everything between 200 and 325-350 kms from a full tank. I realized how well you can economize on gas this summer, when I'm in the middle of the Hungarian puszta, after making some foolish detours, suddenly found myself in a severe need for a gas station .
The puszta nowadays is nothing but an enormeus corn field, very sparsly populated. And not every village are equipped with gas stations and other modernities such as groceries or cafés!
When I, after very smooth riding during 50 kms eventually found a gas station, the tank filled just a little more than 16 litres, which actually is just about what you can fill. It's not 17, as stated in the specs!

Well, let Youtube show you something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOhP1HTZQwY

to continue on the millage:
the specs say that the V7c has a 15liter tank
the brochures say that it has a 17liter tank

I know for sure that the "you need to refuel"-light comes on at about 210-215Km's
300Km's was the longest I waited to refuel and 14.5liters went into the tank,

this summer I'm gonna ride it bone-dry (with a couple of spare liters in a bag), then I'll know for sure how big the tank is.

Christiaan

On my Little Breva I get pretty consistent 45 mpg (19 per liter) doing hills and twisties - no highway. Most gasoline I've put in was 16.94 liters (4.48 gallons) and my trip numbers showed 296.4 kilometers (184.17 miles) at filling time. I think I should be abe to run to 320-330 kilometers (198-205 miles) on one tank. My fuel warning light goes steady on at 230-240 kilometers (143-149 miles).

Ooh, Christiaan, I do believe you.
But still don't belive my eyes. *shaking my head*

As said, why not a car?:S

cvcaelen wrote:
Holt wrote:
Morizzi wrote:
RJVB wrote:

Well, let Youtube show you something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOhP1HTZQwY

to continue on the millage:
the specs say that the V7c has a 15liter tank
the brochures say that it has a 17liter tank

I know for sure that the "you need to refuel"-light comes on at about 210-215Km's
300Km's was the longest I waited to refuel and 14.5liters went into the tank,

this summer I'm gonna ride it bone-dry (with a couple of spare liters in a bag), then I'll know for sure how big the tank is.

Christiaan

Ah Christiaan really not a good idea to run a FI bike or any Fi motor dry of fuel as Injector damage could occur. FWIW

Back