• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 II Fuel/Idle Issue

Kacey3

Tuned and Synch'ed
I bought my 2016 V7 II used with only 2500 miles on it, but it has this persistent sputter for the first few minutes, and continues to exhibit inconsistent power at low revs at throughout my rides. Any ideas what could be causing it? Is it something I can take care of myself or should I be scheduling a trip to a service tech?

I have run some Lucas top end cleaner through two full tanks of 93 octane gas and the condition has not improved.

I had a similar issue with mine. I believe it was due to faulty lambda sensors.
Is that the basic O2 sensor? Did you have it repaired or did you replace the sensor yourself? Mine is not under warranty since it's used, so I am going o to have to pay for it either way.

I'm probably the worst person to ask that question, but I THINK it is the same as the O2 sensor. Someone, please correct me if I am wrong.

My bike was under warranty as well so the shop replaced the part. They then checked to see if the engine was firing properly which again would cause a weird idle and some other things as well.

Check out my thread...may be of some help.

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/throttle-lag.15439/page-3

Last edited:
I'm probably the worst person to ask that question, but I THINK it is the same as the O2 sensor. Someone, please correct me if I am wrong.
Hahah. I hear ya. I'm only 4 years into motorcycling, and one month into the Guzzi, so it's all pretty new to me.

I'm probably the worst person to ask that question, but I THINK it is the same as the O2 sensor.
Yes it sure is. Lambda = 02-sensor. Should be warranty fix at no charge to you.

My understanding is that the warranty does not carry over to the second owner.
Then see if you can find someone to swap sensors with as a "see if it fixes it" before you buy a new one. I likely have some used in near new condition.

Shouldn't a broken O2 sensor be covered under the Federal Emissions Warranty...? Afaik that does carry over to new owner. Worth checking.

Shouldn't a broken O2 sensor be covered under the Federal Emissions Warranty...? Afaik that does carry over to new owner. Worth checking.
If I'm reading the EPA guidelines correctly, it has to fail an emissions test before I can try to claim it... which Texas does not do emissions tests. Yay Texas.

Unplug the O2 sensors at the connectors under the side panels and try runing like that. If the problem goes it is definately the O2 sensors, options then are new sensors....or just leaving them unplugged
AndyB

As a test this weekend, I unplugged the O2 sensors and I didn't notice any improvement. At least I'm fairy certain that's what I unplugged.

17818121_391721811210099_4682373505012989952_n.jpg

Did you unplug the one on the other side of the bike as well?
There are two, one from each exhaust
AndyB

A couple of more things to check:
Do you have the latest fuel map; I believe it is 4533V796. I know my dealer up graded mine from the original. You can check the number with GuzziDiag, or ask your dealer.
Are your plug caps making good connection to the plugs? Are the caps shorting to the head? This is a known problem. Besides poor running, another symptom is color (brown, or blue if it's real bad) on the mufflers - fuel that did not burn in the cylinder is burning in the catalytic converter. One of my mufflers was turning brown. I checked the plug connector by first pushing it on further. The one with the brown pushed on further - felt like it moved an eight inch or more. The engine runs better now.
Dan

A couple of more things to check:
Do you have the latest fuel map; I believe it is 4533V796. I know my dealer up graded mine from the original. You can check the number with GuzziDiag, or ask your dealer.
Are your plug caps making good connection to the plugs? Are the caps shorting to the head? This is a known problem. Besides poor running, another symptom is color (brown, or blue if it's real bad) on the mufflers - fuel that did not burn in the cylinder is burning in the catalytic converter. One of my mufflers was turning brown. I checked the plug connector by first pushing it on further. The one with the brown pushed on further - felt like it moved an eight inch or more. The engine runs better now.
Dan

they screw on. not push.

The caps screw into the HT wires but push onto the sparkplug tops.....and the problem is how they fit onto the plugs.
AndyB

Back