• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 ii rectifier/regulator issues...

chrisk

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hii, I've read the previous post from Todd? about the over jealous regulator frying components and have a similar sounding issue on my 2016 v7ii. After sitting for the winter I fired it up and it ticked over okay but then wouldnt pull above 3k and felt like it was running on 1, after about 20 mins it was okay. I turned it off then on and the same issue appeared for about 15 mins, then all okay. I read the forums and plug caps were called out which I changed, same issue.

Into the dealers who said no issue found, it then just stopped abruptly on the way home with a dead battery. After reading the post it sounds similar, however some people (see thread below from wild guzzi) are saying the rectifier issue was on earlier bikes.

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/13-15-v7-over-charging-please-read.15720/

It's in the the dealer now but I'm wondering if this issue had been seen on 2016+ bikes?

Thanks

No charging issues on any of my newer V7 II's or V9... However, all of my batteries, '16 Stone II & Racer II as well as my '17 V9 all lost batteries within a few months to a few weeks on my V9. I suspect because they were improperly prepped/put into service. My Racer II got a dealer warranty replacement (though I requested it to be handed to me in the box which didn't happen), also failed within 2 months. All of the replacements I just purchased outright and personally put into service are still doing perfectly after ~1.5 yrs on the AGM in the Stone, ~1 yr. on the Lithium in the Racer, and so far so good on the V9/7 (4 mo.).
I keep stating over and over here, newer AGM batteries have a ~2-3 year max lifespan.

I don't know what kind of battery comes with the V7. If it is the type that comes dry and the dealer adds the acid there is a not uncommon error that will cause early failure. if the person adding the acid think there is not enough water/acid in the battery and adds extra, this can cause early failure.

I keep stating over and over here, newer AGM batteries have a ~2-3 year max lifespan.

Not for nothing, but I think a lot of that has to do with individual bike use/ambient conditions.

In my current fleet the 07 (Sporty) made it something like 7 years on the original AGM battery, while the 11 (Duc) and the 13 (V7 Stone) both still have their originals. And my Stone was overcharging in the low 15's for some portion of the first 3 years.

Last edited:
I don't know what kind of battery comes with the V7. If it is the type that comes dry and the dealer adds the acid
AGM, and yes, but with presized/sealed acid tubes. Puncture to fill.
Not for nothing, but I think a lot of that has to do with individual bike use/ambient conditions.
Of course.
In my current fleet the 07 (Sporty) made it something like 7 years on the original AGM battery, while the 11 (Duc) and the 13 (V7 Stone) both still have their originals. And my Stone was overcharging in the low 15's for some portion of the first 3 years.
I keep saying older (7+ years included) batteries are irrelevant, as is the '11. '13-14 are borderline. Again NEWER AGM batteries, including replacements. I see and service dozens of bikes per month, including other than Guzzi. Same issue.

Ok so eliminate the 10 year old one that lasted 7, that still means I have one that's 5-6 y/o (2011), one that's at least 4 y/o (2013, which survived repeated overcharging), and the 3 y/o or so replacement of the 10 y/o.

They're still all outliers that have already lasted beyond your typical 2-3 year experiences.

Back