Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above. WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

V7 III Rear Grab Bar & Other Accessories

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Sean_Kelly, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Sean_Kelly

Sean_Kelly Tuned and Synch'ed

Has anyone heard / seen anything about the accessories for the new line of V7's? I figured they would be out by now so people could browse them when buying their new V7IIIs. When checking the Moto Guzzi US website though, the accessories .pdf file only shows last years catalog.

Mainly I am interested to see how much they will be charging for that rear grab bar, though an OEM brown seat would be awesome too. Something like this when put on a V7 II:

grabbar.jpg
    If any of you are also eyeing that new grab bar and want to add it to your V7 II, note that it looks like they changed the the shock mount on the new models, behind the frame tubing, so a custom bracket will need to be added to fit this.

scudracer and Poppe like this.
  2. jkristjan

jkristjan Tuned and Synch'ed

It seems to take at least one year before the accessories start flowing. V9 was introduced 2016 and Hepco & Becker, LGC etc came out with stuff very late that year. Legend Gear released V9 specific luggage solutions only February 2017. There will be some others to follow, I guess.

Some manufacturers first want to see how many bikes get manufactured and sold. They wouldn't want to work out gear for a bike that sells only 180 copies worldwide.

3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

They are only showing the grab rail on the Anniversary edition with the smaller metal fender used on the Stornello, so that might be an issue for the larger plastic fender, even with a custom bracket.
    If there is enough interest, I could make some that fit the V7 I & II. Cost guess-timate would be ~$150-200.
    If they are moving towards a shared platform/frame as the V9, the seat latch may be in a different location on the III, but I'll know more in a week or two when my RentAGuzzi V7 III Stone arrives.

4. Sean_Kelly

Well that's disappointing, but understandable. Guess I'll have to look into some custom options for now. The grab bar is such a good addition to that classic look that many of the older bikes had.

From all the promotional pictures it looks like they are also including it on the V7III classic as well as the anniversario. Here's a picture of it being showcased on the classic:
    [​IMG]

That cost sounds about what I was expecting to pay from the dealer or manufacturer, so I would be interested if you get around to making them. Look forward to hearing about your experience with the III when it comes in. Thanks Todd

GT-Rx® likes this.
  5. Bob Ponticelli

Bob Ponticelli Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Hey Todd,

I could be interested in a grab rail for my V7R. I have removed the stock fender so no issue there. Hopefully more may want you to make a batch.

6. GT-Rx®

Very good. I will try a mock up in the next week or two, and for sure when my V7 III lands so I can pull some measurements from it.
    Thanks Bob, not directed at you... but "could be interested" is why I have literally thousands of $'s in parts sitting around that no one wants outside of the one or two that asked. So the only way I will do these if I have paid ahead orders.
    You have the aftermarket seat, so I would need some measurements on exactly how wide it is compared to the stock saddle.

7. Bob Ponticelli

Hi Todd - guess I mean if I thought the design looked right "in my mind". You know I have purchased your goods. :> Still waiting for a day off to install that front shock kit!

The after market seat (I will confirm with measure for you) is slightly narrower than stock rather than being wider.
    Bob

8. Stradagene

Stradagene Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

FWIW - The seat that I have on my V7R is the BAAK V7 Racer seat, and my bike is currently in Todd's shop.

9. Bob Ponticelli

Thx - I have that seat as well as the one pictured on my bike. They are made on the OEM pan but told slightly narrower. Appreciate it. Are you thinking of adding bars too?

10. Bob Ponticelli

Just giving this a bump. Todd, still thinking of a "mock-up" or not enough interest?

11. GT-Rx®

Can still do a mock-up. Awaiting my V7 III Stone, hopefully this week. At the dealer now:
    IMG_0505.JPG

12. Bob Ponticelli

Cool, so you may make them for all flavors, V7, V7II and the V7III?

Poppe likes this.
  13. GT-Rx®

That is the plan.

Poppe likes this.
  14. Sean_Kelly

It looks like Moto Guzzi finally updated their accessory catalog with some new items for the V7 III's
    http://www.motoguzzi.com/us_EN/accessories/
    Items of Note:
    - Looks like they are going to be offering the brown seat from the anniversario edition Part# 2S000922 (although it doesn't have stitching all the way down the seat, the main saddle is smooth)
    - Someone mentioned these exhaust flanges yesterday Part# 2B003381
    - They finally have an standard-style OEM brake Pad Part# 2S000812 / 2S000932 (I remember being annoyed about the little ones that come stock when I got the bike)

Todd, there doesn't seem to be any mention of the passenger grab bars, so looks like you'd be the only one offering them! Your review on the new V7's was great too, by the way. Might go into the local dealer to check out how much more comfortable those new seats are in person.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  15. Bob Ponticelli

Hi Todd, Know this is still in the works. However, curious on what folks think or what you will offer for finish options/material? Black or clear anodized aluminum, chrome/powdered tubed steel, etc?

16. GT-Rx®

Will be coated steel, which I can do in a range of colors, but thinking a bright (near chrome) silver finish or satin black as the first two options. Input?

17. Bob Ponticelli

hmmm.....who reading this is good at Photoshop? I'm not really sure.....I am thinking silver (Near chrome) but only because my bike has that tank......but I can see a stone or special looking good with the black.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  18. GT-Rx®

OK, show of hands (via a post below, and willingness to put down a 50% deposit/pre-order) for the grab rail for the '09-16 V7 models. I will do the prototype this week if there is enough interest. One or two won't do it.

I'll be watching,
    Todd

19. Bob Ponticelli

I will want......obviously want to see but I am sure I will want this.

Thx....Bob

20. Bob Ponticelli

Sign up guys. If we want Yodd to make us stuff that Guzxi won't you need to support these special projects.

Bob

GT-Rx® likes this.