Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Amidst the global dilemma, we’re offering free shipping in the U.S. now EXTENDED through Monday (4/6). Use COVID-19-FREE at checkout on the STORE tab above — Please support small business! We wish the best to everyone, stay healthy, and please be helpful to those who aren’t.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum, by FACT NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - it should be common sense, but sadly needs to be stated; BE COURTEOUS! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

V7 III Rear Grab Bar & Other Accessories

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Sean_Kelly, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Just got it firing!

For water proofing the leather and conditioning it, what do you recommend Todd? Have any options in the store I can buy?

2. Hb991s

Hb991s Just got it firing!

I have the V7 III Special black and am going to remove the stock grab bar. I like the older V7 II style better so I ordered one from AF1. If you are interested, make me an offer. It is like brand new, just bought the bike one week ago.

3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

4. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Cancel your order. The II won't fit the III and vice-versa.

5. erangutan

erangutan Just got it firing!

I'd be into a rear grab rail for my 2015 V7 Stone. Flat black. Sorry if i missed it if you already posted the price, but how much are you asking?

6. PA Sand

PA Sand Tuned and Synch'ed

Did you find an EU source for that saddle? Dealers here report out of stock.

7. DK-V7classic

DK-V7classic Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Ben asking arround, dealer here wants 700 dollars for it, so i said go fuck your self.
    My father inlaw is in Italy atm, he will hopefully get at better price at the source.

I will let you know if i do.

GT-Rx® and PA Sand like this.
  8. J. Hughes

J. Hughes Just got it firing!

Do you still have the grab bar? I assume it will fit the V7 III Stone?

9. Sean_Kelly

Sean_Kelly Tuned and Synch'ed

That's a ridiculous price! I just picked up one for myself about 2 weekends ago for around $340 from my local dealer. It's a little hard to tell from the pictures online, but the seat is more of a reddish brown. It feels more comfortable than the stock seat to me (I think it has a little more cushion, and the slick texture makes it easier to re-position yourself while riding)

I'll try to get some pictures uploaded soon enough

DK-V7classic likes this.
  10. lucydad

lucydad Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Waiting on rear rack for my new V7 III Special...when rear grab bar is available I will advertise...

11. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

I was looking at the rack on the V7 III Special on Tuesday. If I wanted something like that for travel with my dual seat and back-of-the-seat bag, it looks like it will just bolt up. (I'd want to have the chrome stripped and have it powder-coated flat black, of course.) Looks like four bolts and the grab rail and that would do it. Yes?

12. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Not know how the grab rails are fitted, but I installed a genuine Guzzi rear rack to my V7-III Stone. Fits straight on, two bolts each side, although they are only an inch or so apart. Mine is gloss black, but is rarely visible with the tail bag attached.

Works with C-Bow brackets too.

13. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

I'm cheap I would just use a quality spray paint instead of powder coat and do it that way. I've had good results and if it chips you can easily touch up.

Godfrey likes this.
  14. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

The advantage of the powder coat is that it will never chip if applied correctly. :)

As far as I can see, it fits much like the grab rail fit on my 850T: two arms connect to the top of the rear suspension mount, and two tabs bolt to the rearmost bosses on the frame under the seat.

15. Attackpug

Attackpug Just got it firing!

I want a backrest rack for my annie so my wife will be more comfortable on it.

16. Blue on Black

Blue on Black Just got it firing!

So i'm rekindling this thread. I want to add a grab bar to my V7III Stone because after my first service the charcoal can goes away and a center stand will get mounted. I couldn't find a part number on the pdf's for one. I've also seen a 2 piece one- just a rail on each side- but can't remember which model it's on. Would those fit and do they come in black? If not what is the part # to order the wraparound rail?

Thanks

17. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

you don't have to take the canister off on the 3 to fit the HB centerstand unless you want to.
    I believe my 3 special had a grab rail that I removed when i put the HB bags on. If so Your welcome to it but It could be several weeks before I get back to Ga.

18. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

19. Blue on Black

Sure, we can work something out. I got nothing but time. A chrome one from a Special will suit me fine. Let me know what you find!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  20. Blue on Black

The luggage rack isn't really what I'm after, just a simple grab rail.
    Nice to know that the canister can be moved and a stand will fit.
    Might be getting one sooner than I planned....