RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we are in the crazy times for orders. Lead times are long, so we can't do much to rush things. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (mainly August), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and also, we aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum; Be sure to try a search and/or post on the Forum before starting a new topic, and as a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. If you are posting on numerous sites on the web, please stop back and follow up. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GT products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our custom builds at GTMotoCycles.com or click the Service tab above.

V7 III Suspension Thread

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Just got it firing!

Have just dropped my front end down the forks 11mm on my V7, seems to turn in a bit easier now, I may try incrementing it down to 20mm as suggested in the OP. I have a trackday coming up on it so it'd be ace to have it a little sharper for it! :)

Mayakovski likes this.
  2. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

I added GT's straight springs to my forks for my fat butt weight 800 miles ago. I need to do the front tire so I will change the fork oil from the stock at 9500 miles. IF YOU have changed yours what weight do you suggest and how many ounces or distance from the top of the fork with springs installed do you suggest for the V7III?
    Thanks

3. Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Be careful how far you go. I have NO idea how this stands on the V7, but, on my DR650 if you raise the forks (in the triple clamps) more than 5/8", you risk the fork sliders hitting the lower triple clamp if you bottom the suspension. Others in the DR world have done expensive damage by not taking heed. Other than that, please let us know what you settle on.

Hippo-Drones likes this.
  4. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

20w and 10mm higher than spec.

5. GT-Rx®

If the front end is sprung properly for the rider’s weight, 25mm is a non-issue. If stock springs, it can get dangerous quickly at stock ride height for riders over 180 lbs.

6. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Just got it firing!

I have Ktech fork internals sprung for my weight! :)

7. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

the only spec I found was from someone here at 130MM. Assuming that's right raise to 120MM from the top? my first time playing with this front end stuff.

8. GT-Rx®

It's in the Service manual, see the Downloads tab above.

9. heyzeus

heyzeus Tuned and Synch'ed

So I had a pair of Audace rear shocks lying around. I decided to see if they fit my V7iii. They are only a little heavier the the stock shocks. They fit! I took a bunch of Preload out and adjusted the dampening. They are about a half inch longer then stock. Really like where they put the bike. I am 225lbs with gear. They feel nice on the bike. The small bumps are barely notable and the big bumps lost there sharp edge. The back end pushed up makes the ride nicer in the corners.

So I have a set of shocks on order. I have to debate if I need them now. If I don’t I will do a store credit towards some other bauble. I want bags but I don’t know if the shocks with reservoir will allow bags. These shocks were an improvement over the stock V7 Shocks.

Attached Files:

Mayakovski likes this.
  10. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti

Nice, looks really sharp as well.

11. GT-Rx®

Sorry, but people have been doing silly things like this for decades... because it’s cheap and easy, I get it. There is no way a shock designed for an 800 lb bike with completely different swing-arm geometry can work even remotely decently without a massive spring and damping revision.
    Even if it “feels OK” doing so can be not only dangerous, but amplify the overly soft front end for your weight.
    I’m merging this with the suspension thread, but I can’t let it be without the above basic facts.