• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 III Suspension Thread

You'll feel a huge difference even with the shocks Todd offers. They are night and day compared to oem, plus they're very affordable
Right, I understand that any of these aftermarket shocks will be much better than the oem ones. My question was about the difference between nice regular twin shocks and nice ones with PBs.

I'm not heavy (165 lbs) buy I do plan on doing a bunch of travel and camping with luggage so it won't always just be me.

Last edited:
Right, I understand that any of these aftermarket shocks will be much better than the oem ones. My question was about the difference between nice regular twin shocks and nice ones with PBs. I'm not heavy (165 lbs) buy I do plan on doing a bunch of travel and camping with luggage so it won't always just be me.
The Razor IV PB shocks are for those who really know and care enough about suspension to adjust them nearly every time they ride. Based on your use, the Razor III would be a stellar choice, and arguably the ride would not be better than the PB versions, for how you use your bike. Set and forget outside of spring preload based on your carrying load. Both versions have tremendous available travel, and superior damping over stock. TIA for the purchase.

Hey guys. I am looking at getting some new shocks for my new '19 stone. I am probably going to go with k-techs with the rear - how much of a difference in ride will i see between the razor iii twin shocks and the razor iv piggyback twin shocks? Just wondering if the price diffference is worth it. Also wondering if the PB's will get in the way of mounting a rear rack? Probably will want either the oem rear rack or the givi one, but might get the H&B one.
Best avoid the Givi Rack as it has to pass behind the shock to mount on the rear footrests. The OE shock is tapered at the top so if the new shock has a much wider diameter it will foul on the Givi rack.

Those racks that use the top eye on the shock should be OK. The OE and H&B racks (and perhaps others too) should fit. Best advice is to compare dimensions before purchase.

The Givi rack is a very strong design and about half the cost of the other two so it's a great pity it can't be used in combination with some after market shocks.

Thanks for letting me know about the givi rack. Looks like I will be getting the OEM one now.

Does anyone have any input on the quality of matris vs. k-tech? for the forks the matris kit is much cheaper and doesnt require an expensive install so wondering how much of a difference you would see between the two on a V7. The twin shocks I am assuming are probably pretty close in quality, is that correct?

matris fork kit + ktech rear twins is looking like the most frugal premium option at the moment.

Does anyone have any input on the quality of matris vs. k-tech? for the forks the matris kit is much cheaper and doesnt require an expensive install so wondering how much of a difference you would see between the two on a V7. The twin shocks I am assuming are probably pretty close in quality, is that correct?
matris fork kit + ktech rear twins is looking like the most frugal premium option at the moment.
That would be me since I sell and install them weekly. Both are very good. Matris brings a level of finish that rivals everyone on the market. They are jewel-like, internally as well. That said, will you notice a difference for how you'll use it, probably not. Unless you care a great deal about the looks, you won't go wrong with the K-Techs, but I'll sell you either. Something about keeping the brands front to rear the same. The K-Tech fork kit is decent, but is very labor intensive on the install. The Matris kit is drop-in and ride. Hope that helps. Thanks in advance for the order.

If I were to lower the suspension on my V7III, is there a corresponding side stand? The stock one already holds the bike more vertical than I would like.

doc

Looking for more information on the difference installing these two kits:

One looks like it comes with a different spacer, spring, adjuster and flow regulator ?
https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/suspension/products/matris-v7-full-fork-kit
- different spring rates, preload adjustment, and a change in “valveing “

The other one looks like it comes with a different spacer, NO spring, adjuster and flow regulator ?
https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/suspension/products/matris-v7-fork-kit
- preload adjustment, and a change in “valveing “

They both say drop in , looking at pick of the forks:
-15 looks like the flow regulator - so it’s not quite open the fork top remove the existing tube & spring and screw in the adjuster ?
It would look like the plunger needs to come out, I would think that would require complete disassembly of the front end ?
How does the plunger assembly come out ?
Does it just “fall out”
84461D8E F587 4317 A270 D6C8DD3C47C8
Thanks
Don

Last edited:
They both say drop in , looking at pick of the forks: -15 looks like the flow regulator
Incorrect. Google damper rod. #15 does not come out with either kit (and it's incorrectly shown in the diagram as to positioning), that’s the lower bushing that centers the damper rod and helps create an oil tight seal. The FKE kit is truly drop in once the caps are removed. The F15K kit requires removal of the damper rod (#16), in which is easiest to remove the forks to do, but the tube and slider do not get separated. Drop in means no additional machining required like most other kits on the market.
From there, more support comes from purchasing the kit from us. ;)

If I were to lower the suspension on my V7III, is there a corresponding side stand? The stock one already holds the bike more vertical than I would like.
doc
No, but the US side-stand has an aggressive lean, so altering the kickstand when lowering the bike it isn't needed, in my vast experience doing them in the shop. We can mod one for you if you want to send us yours, or purchase one from us, send a direct email (not a reply here); Info @GuzziTech.com

Incorrect. Google damper rod. #15 does not come out with either kit (and it's incorrectly shown in the diagram as to positioning), that’s the lower bushing that centers the damper rod and helps create an oil tight seal. The FKE kit is truly drop in once the caps are removed. The F15K kit requires removal of the damper rod (#16), in which is easiest to remove the forks to do, but the tube and slider do not get separated. Drop in means no additional machining required like most other kits on the market.
From there, more support comes from purchasing the kit from us. ;)

Thanks for the reply, and I guess a can’t be so “Lazy” as to not take the forks off, drain the oil, when ever I end up getting the parts...

Sorry I'm rambling -
Google found me the LInk to you post in the "fork kit install" thread - I was the one that made the incorrect interpretation that at Lower bush looked like the Flow restrictor in the Kit.

To help me understand whats happening here / there - that Flow restrictor. is controlling the flow of oil out of the top of the fork ? Body ?
like normal mechanism is controlling it in the lower part of the ?body ?
A neat solution to add/increase damping control, required by stiffer springs.
( in the case of the complete kit)

To help me understand whats happening here / there - that Flow restrictor. is controlling the flow of oil out of the top of the fork ? Body ?
See above on Google searching damper rod.

I just got a V7iii delivered by van from a few thousand Kilometers away where it appears it was tightly strapped down for 7 days of bouncing
and a good portion of the fork oil exited the forks ( i register no sag when sitting on the bike and front end is not smooth more "sticky in its motion)
i'm figuring on pulling the forks and changing oil out with some new 15wt (im a solid 110kg and like a firm ride)
i believe i'm looking at 120mm from top of compressed fork with internals removed?
any other tricks for old Noobs ?
Thanks

I just got a V7iii delivered by van from a few thousand Kilometers away where it appears it was tightly strapped down for 7 days of bouncing
and a good portion of the fork oil exited the forks
Congrats on the bike(!). Hope you’ll add your info to the Registry page; https://guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/

If the oil leaked, you will need new fork seals, as they are likely “blown” from the pressure, and will leak again unless replaced. Unfortunate news to tell you. From there, the info above is correct and also noted earlier in this thread as to quantity. Hope to see you painting often.

I have a 2017 Speed racer and never really got the rear suspension setting right.
I weigh about 180 pounds.
Help on the settings would be appreciated
Gary in BC Canada

What should I be setting my sag numbers to? V7iii with matris forks and matris shocks.

I put my rears to 31 earlier today and that was definitely too much

Back