• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 III Upgrade Questions

Micadu

Just got it firing!
I just bought a V7 II Special... and I am curious about a couple of things:

- I would be interest into making this motorcyle more long travel-friendly:
- are there any plans for an after market exhaust, lighter than stock, and maybe 2-1 and maybe raised on the side not below(to increase ground clearance)
- best option to get a set of tubeless wheels (do the cast wheels for V7II fit the V7III?
- best aftermarket spring options that would increase a bit the ground clearance (without affecting the U/J)
- are there any skid plate options for V7III? that are not attached directly to the engine? (I believe for V7II this is the option)

Thanks!

It seem that raising the exhaust as you mention has the potential of interfering with luggage/panniers or at least limiting your selection.

Paul

Part numbers for the V7 II and III are the same for all parts concerning wheels, I have ordered the alloy wheels, due tomorrow, will be replacing this weekend.

I would be interest into making this motorcyle more long travel-friendly:
- are there any plans for an after market exhaust, lighter than stock, and maybe 2-1 and maybe raised on the side not below(to increase ground clearance)
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/gt-rx®-v7-iii-v9-exhaust-options.17134/ -- I asked in that thread if there was any interest in a 2>1 for the new bikes. I can make one, but for sure you'll have to remove the evaporative canister under the gear box.

- best option to get a set of tubeless wheels (do the cast wheels for V7II fit the V7III?
Yes they will.

best aftermarket spring options that would increase a bit the ground clearance (without affecting the U/J)
Longer shocks would help in the back... nothing would help in the front outside of longer forks, but I don't think that is needed.

are there any skid plate options for V7III? that are not attached directly to the engine? (I believe for V7II this is the option)
No there is not. The V7 I & II mounts to the engine.

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/gt-rx®-v7-iii-v9-exhaust-options.17134/ -- I asked in that thread if there was any interest in a 2>1 for the new bikes. I can make one, but for sure you'll have to remove the evaporative canister under the gear box.

Yes, I would be interested. I am looking for weight savings, moving the pipe (ever for just a bit) to a more protected place(not so much under and not so low), have it a bit shorter. Improved sound is also of importance but not primary concern.

If you do end up designing and making such a system 2>1 (I imagine that it would need to have more subscribers than myself), would it be something that I could install myself, or install in a shop here with minimal knowledge? I live across the pond so coming in for a service and swap is not possible.

Longer shocks would help in the back... nothing would help in the front outside of longer forks, but I don't think that is needed.

That sounds good. was thinking on the back as well first as currently I think the suspension is rather... bad. Any suggestions of options that would fit the bill. I managed to find only racing-oriented shocks, not travel/adv oriented...

No there is not. The V7 I & II mounts to the engine.
Hmm I might not have the whole picture, but isn't this approach defeating the purpose of having a skid place in the first place? If I attach it directly to the engine the the force from an impact with a rock/bump/log will be just directly transfered in the engine block, right?

A few other questions:
- can I change or raise the handlebar (I am thinking 1 inch raisers, or a taller and wider handlebar) without needing to replace the wires? Has anybody done this?
- are there available any footpegs lowering kits?
- when starting cold, the bike is revving up and down for a few seconds. Is this normal? On my other bike (DL650) the revs stay up for a few seconds and decrease gradually as the engine warms up a few seconds. here it is as if the engine wants to decrease the revs too fast and then is raising again not too stall (it never stalls). Is this normal behavior?

Part numbers for the V7 II and III are the same for all parts concerning wheels, I have ordered the alloy wheels, due tomorrow, will be replacing this weekend.
looking forward to see some pictures JACoH. Can you confirm what wheels did you order? Was it directly from the dealer or 3rd party?

Yes, my V7 III Special on cold start also revs up and down a bit. Settles within a minute or so. I always let a cold engine warm some before riding. Also, hot starts no issue as with my old Racer that could be balky in our insane Texas summers.

looking forward to see some pictures JACoH. Can you confirm what wheels did you order? Was it directly from the dealer or 3rd party?
Ordered stock Stone wheels from AF1 racing, (# 887571/887573) received fast, direct replacement bolt on. Recommend getting new rotor bolts and use heat gun to remove. Get the stock bolts because same size aftermarket bolts have too large flange O.D. to fit rotor. Only delay in my swapping wheels was the Jackass at the dealer put someone else's (different size) tire on my rear wheel, didn't notice until I was ready to put back on the bike.

Attachments

• P1010228.JPG
    P1010228.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 54
+1 in the black wheels looking awesome! I am not much of a bling bling guy so I prefer black to chrome. but I guess this is a matter of taste :)
And +1 on the screen and seat questions :) also any feedback on their performance?

Thanks Arrow and Micadu, I like a little chrome, but thought the Stone was too much black, so had to have the Special. It is a Dart Marlin and just a plain sheepskin pad ordered on ebay from Australia cheap, it has actually been on my last 4 bikes. Warm in the fall and cool in summer. The Marlin directs wind to bottom of helmet, so not much wind buffeting (I wear plugs, tho), mainly it is to keep bugs off jacket and instruments.

Back