• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Racer - Handlebar modification

air0ne

Just got it firing!
Hi there,
It's my first time so please, don't be too hard on me :)
I'm french but live in Canada for 10 years. I usually drive dual motorcycle but I decided to take a break and buy something more appealing last year (my old BMW F800 GS would certainly try to kill me for what I just said !). I like the bike but not very fan of the riding position which is too aggressive for me. I would like to know if it could be possible to switch my handlebar for a V7 Stone style.
From what I've seen so far, it looks definitely doable but I would need some feedback. I do not want to screw up :)

Thx for your help guys

Welcome to the GT Forum and Famiglia. Yes the handle bar conversion can be done. I have it in place on my RentAGuzzi.com V7R. You just need the bar clamps and bars. I would be happy to get them to you at a discounted price. You'll also need the V7 Stone clutch cable. Everything else fits and works. Contact me direct if you want to order; Info at GuzziTech.com

Like I said, I'm curious to see how it will fit a cafe racer style. I saw your picture but it was not easy to see the overall look. If you have time to spare, feel free to do some :)
Meanwhile, check your email

It would look just like a stone bar configuration. Just look at a picture of a stone or go look at one on a showroom floor.

I am looking at one of the new series iii V7 racers
Is it easy enough to fit handle bars and forward controls in lieu of clip ons and rear sets ?
Yes, buy the Stone parts, (or find someone who wants to trade perhaps) and bolt on. You'd also need the front & rear brake lines and clutch cable.

Yes, buy the Stone parts, (or find someone who wants to trade perhaps) and bolt-on. You'd also need the front & rear brake lines and clutch cable.

I'm necroposting, but this is just the thread I was looking for.

Could you please advise if I need the parts in for the change from clip-ons to Stone handlebar in Racer V7III?
Maybe you can sell them to me?

We don't have local Guzzi dealer in Eastern Europe, so I'll have to order from EU or from USA (better, because no VAT), so it would be nice to place an order just for parts that would be needed. If I miss something, I'll have to wait another few weeks for the next delivery.

Screenshot 27 Screenshot 28 Screenshot 29

You only need the clutch cable, and I can add it to the online Store for purchase, yes. I keep some in stock. Do you already have the bars and risers(?); https://gtmotocycles.com/products/oem-v7-bar-riser-kit

I didn’t buy anything for the conversion yet. That’s why I’m asking. To place one order for anything I’d need.

I can’t navigate in heavy traffic with clipons, and back hurts after an hour of riding. I hope that the bike would be more maneuverable with the bar.

Yes, please, add anything I’d need. I’ll order tomorrow :)

Do you happen to also have a v7 iii racer clutch cable in stock? I am currently in need of a replacement.
Yes, it looks like I should.
Please send a direct email to; Info @ GuzziTech.com -- I cannot reply on this here.

@air0ne @ArtemD Did you do the conversion? What was it like as a novice taking off the triple plate for a novice? Is the riding position now more for all day riding compared to the riser clip ons?

Back