Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

V7 racer

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by oscar varghese, Jul 12, 2019.

1. oscar varghese

oscar varghese Just got it firing!

Good day everyone! im new out here! Thanks for having me...

I just built a custom v7 racer and wanted some advice. (Its my first time working on a moto guzzi) We fitted a nice short exhaust and the bike started to back fire. Looks cool! but has become annoying and we dont want to destroy the engine!

i wanted to know what are the alternatives to getting the bike to run good without the backfire. I fit the exhaust with the oem catalytic converter to help reduce the sound and stop from losing too much pressure.

The owner is against getting a tuning module and says the exhaust isnt fitted properly causing it to backfire but there are no leaks from the exhaust.

The air filter is oem.
    Any and all advice will be appreciated.

2. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

3. oscar varghese

Thanks for the quick reply! much appreciated but as i mentioned above, the owner is not interested in adding a tuner or flash to the bike. Hes asked me to find an alternative solution to getting a tune and to check what the reason for the backfire could be. Has anyone had this happen when changing the exhaust?
    Pic of the pipes

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-12 at 22.06.32.jpeg

4. Mayakovski

New pipes need new fuel map, simple as that. If the owner wants it to run great, that is the fix.

5. My name is Jeff

My name is Jeff Cruisin' Guzzisti

REMAP!
    Maybe the owner doesn’t want to pay you so he’s going to use this as his way
    Out.

Mayakovski likes this.
  6. Trout

Trout GT Reference

Agree with all comments above.

Explain to the owner that it is his bike & he can do what he wants but it is not going to run correctly without re-mapping.
    Might suggest he join this forum & does a bit of research there are pages of documentation on it.

If you are getting paid to do this job I suggest you bail out as soon as possible or the bike & owner will haunt you.

7. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I don't see any 02-sensor/lambdas, and Guzzis run best with the balance pipe between sides. I know mostly people do things like this for looks only, so your customer likely doesn't care about running (damage to their engine) or performance. That flame = CRITICALLY LEAN.
    No "module" is available for 2013+ V7s, only an ECU flash. I have a solution for you linked above, or there are other DIY solutions that take immense time and risk (which I do not allow postings on here, sorry)... so up to your customer in the end. Tell them; Spend a little now, or a LOT later. ;)

john zibell and Mayakovski like this.
  8. oscar varghese

thank you all for the info... this is the v7 racer 2009..
    it has dual pipes but the other can cant be seen in the pic above.
    How do i get in touch with Todd?
    Do i need the power commander as well? or will the flash tool do the trick?
    Where does the flash tool ship from?
    sorry for all the rookie questions :angel:

9. tonUPRacer

tonUPRacer Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

We are Todd. Just kidding, he's the guy replying to your questions, GT-Rx look above and all shall be revealed.

Mayakovski likes this.
  10. oscar varghese

Hahaha! I see I’ve entered Area 51!!
    Thanks for all the info!

11. Mayakovski

I want a t-shirt that says:
    GT-Rx: I am Todd!

tonUPRacer likes this.