Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

V7 Racer

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by andyals, Mar 13, 2011.

1. andyals

andyals Tuned and Synch'ed

Anyone seen it ?
    I did, yesterday for the first time, and I'm very tempted to get it.
    Looking around on various review sites, I see that the biggest gripe is the fact it "only" has 50bhp.
    I don't know why Guzzi get such a hard time for producing an old school racer with 50bhp.
    What short memories we have.
    I can think of some other great modern(ish) day Cafe Racers such as the Honda GB500 Clubman / Honda Bros 650 / Yamaha SRX600 / Yamaha RD350LC, to name but a few, that had the same if not less outright power than the Guzzi, but you never hear of those bikes getting a hard time over it.
    Give Moto Guzzi a break ffs.

2. Carl Allison

Carl Allison Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I hope you weren't thinking of buying the one that this guy was looking at "Am I making a huge mistake", 'cause he already snagged it!

3. guzzirider

guzzirider Cruisin' Guzzisti

Figure on closer to 40bhp at the back wheel but if you are happy with that then its not a problem. I do think that nearly £8k is a lot of money for one of these, considering you can buy a nearly new V7 Classic for £4k.

4. DutchV7racer

DutchV7racer Tuned and Synch'ed

Hallo out there... Just bought a V7 racer and it is worth every euro i spend on it. Stunning machine, good roadholding and so much fun to ride! 48 hp was OK back in those days and actually still is!
    People stop their van to come and talk to me what this motorbike is......

Greetz from holland

robert

5. madfatjake

madfatjake Just got it firing!

I Just bought one as well. Number 127. It's fantastic. I have more fun than i used to on my Kawasaki zx6r.

6. YBFAST

YBFAST Cruisin' Guzzisti

#11 in New Jersey?

Attached Files:

7. DutchV7racer

Ha, you guys out there in USA have a black gastank... mine (europe) is chrome.
    Had the first service today, it even runs better now. Had some trouble in the beginning with an oil mist coming from the vent hoses from the cylinderheads. They are tightened now. problem solved. I did the fist 700 mls in four days, and had so much fun with this bike. It makes people stop their cars to take a closer look...
    It would be nice to know where in the world all the bikes went to. mine (#907) is in the netherlands...

8. Will

Will Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I just got the new issue of 'Gambalunga' the UK Guzzi club magazine. There's an article in it saying a V7 Racer won the Best Cafe Racer award at the Vintage Motorcycle Club's Festival of 1000 Bikes. It seems the judges thought it was a home built special!

Does anyone know what is the total production run of these numbered bikes? There are so many available here in UK that it seems it's an 'unlimited edition'! My local dealer has 3 in stock and there are another 6 advertising them on ebay. I haven't found any dealer who hasn't got one available and on the Guzzi website it's listed like it's an on-going production model. I think its a fantastic looking bike, but if I wanted a genuinely special V7 I'd go for one of the 'built to order' ones that Corsa Italiana do like their 'Tenni V7' (see Madfatjake's photo above) or their 'Telaio Rosso'.

9. DutchV7racer

my V7R is # 0907 so i guess there are about a thousand made nowadays... i read in some revieuw that Guzzi decided to make the racer as long as there is a market....

greetz from Holland... (raining cats and dogs here...)

10. dnovo

dnovo Just got it firing!

We've had a passle of rain this season here in SE Wisconsin, USA but only water, we leave the cats and dogs at home :D (better than Vietnam in the late 60s where the rain was accompanied from time to time with mortor shells)

Sunny today when I took the '10 California Vintage out for an early two hour ride for breakfast at a nice cafe in a small town just North of the Illinois border and then back to strafe the country roads on my '98 Centauro before finishing up for an hour or so on Racer # 027. The Racer is lighter feeling than the Centauro or my '08 1200 Sport with the Stage one kit, albeit down on power from the latter two. Nonetheless, a sweet handling and beautiful bike.

Sitting on my back porch now with an after dinner cigar looking out on peaceful Lake Micigan after an enjoyable Three Guzzi Day. Dave

11. DutchV7racer

@ Will, how could the jury overlook the iniezione elletronico system behind the cylinders... Obviously not a "well restored, home build special "......

@ Dave, i alternate with my Ducati Monstre...but actually never on the same day!
    no worries about the cat and the dog, they are purring in the kitchen ;)

greetz RoB

12. Steve Swan

Steve Swan Just got it firing!

I have #21 (USA model)

13. DutchV7racer

Where are you from Steve?

You must have ordered it without seeing with a low number like you have...

Greetz from holland

14. oldmanjob

oldmanjob Cruisin' Guzzisti

#53 just left the Moto-Nexus showroom in Hendersonville NC, for Florida Saturday :D (not mine :( )

Bill

15. 1st V7 classic

1st V7 classic Tuned and Synch'ed

Nice there is one at my Local Guzzi toy store. Neat bike! When I got my V7 2009 there was one pick and it had to be white!

16. DutchV7racer

@ first V7...... go, buy it ;)

17. mentalfloss

mentalfloss Just got it firing!

A 3 guzzi day...you are my hero.