• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 record fairing

Joerg Stoeckner

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi,
as there is no V9 Racer in sight apparently I am contemplating on sticking with my 2010 v7 classic but treat a classic racing fairing to her like the depicted one below. It was produced by Stucci Luigi I understood but he went out of business meanwhile so it doesnt seem to be a/v any longer.:cry:

I also figured out that MG used to sell a so called Record faring kit directly. It looked a bit more clumsy than Stucci's version but anyhow, isnt a/v anymore either, I was told.

Now I wonder if anyone knows of any alternative on the market?

Todd, have you got anything in mind?

THX!!!

V7Racerverk.jpg

Hi joerg,

Stucchi Luigi is still very much in business, and they still makes fairings.

http://lgccompany.it/en/101-carenatura

Just be prepared, delivery time could stretch out. I don't wanna tell you how long I waited for mine.. At least they hired an employee with english as a second language now, that seemed to help my case.

Best regards
biffalo

I have a Stucchi on my V7 I and love it. It was easy to install. I wrote instructions which I posted online. Use Google to search for the phrase "Stucchi Luigi Fairing Installation Instructions".

I have a Stucchi on my V7 I and love it. It was easy to install. I wrote instructions which I posted online. Use Google to search for the phrase "Stucchi Luigi Fairing Installation Instructions".

THX rbm,

in the meantime I contacted Stucchi in Como, Italy and they claimed to be able to send the fairing within 2 weeks.
Might be a bid optimistic :) but who cares if it takes a couple of weeks longer as soon as the quality is as it should.

I think I will have to replace my Classic's stock steering bar by clip-ons as a prerequist for the fairing to fit but I had plans to do that anyway.

Would the Stucchi fairing fit on the BAAK integrated headlight and speedo, if anyone might know?

If you are okay with some fabrication for mounts and stuff, you can always go generic:

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/vintage/Dunstall.htm

I used their 1/4 fairing, looked pretty good to me.

Hi bitex,

pretty nice, indeed! From the picture It looks to me as if you had to cut off a piece from the fairing to give room for the brake fluid container, no?

Also, can the stock turn signals stay in their original position or is there anything to be altered there as well?

Thanks!

Hi bitex,
pretty nice, indeed! From the picture It looks to me as if you had to cut off a piece from the fairing to give room for the brake fluid container, no?
Also, can the stock turn signals stay in their original position or is there anything to be altered there as well?
Thanks!

Good spotting, I forgot but you are correct, had to trim around the brake reservoir.

Can't say for sure about the turn signals as I planned all along to get something neater and more cafe-ish.

Another option, I had a guy in Rhode Island hand make a custom aluminum fairing for me. He charged me $250. He still has the mockup I gave him to make it around so he could make more. I can hook anyone up with him and had a couple tweaks to give him based on mine. Has a ring that returns back around the headlamp, which is a nice finished detail. Attaches directly to the two existing mounting bolts for the headlight. He also made custom front and rear fenders for me.
IMG 0158 IMG 0167 IMG 0161 IMG 0160 IMG 0164

Another option, I had a guy in Rhode Island hand make a custom aluminum fairing for me. He charged me $250. He still has the mockup I gave him to make it around so he could make more. I can hook anyone up with him and had a couple tweaks to give him based on mine. Has a ring that returns back around the headlamp, which is a nice finished detail. Attaches directly to the two existing mounting bolts for the headlight. He also made custom front and rear fenders for me.
View attachment 11297 View attachment 11298 View attachment 11299 View attachment 11300 View attachment 11301

That aluminum fairing is kick ass, I love it.

BTW, Biffalo, how well did it fit? Was it easy to mount ?

thx again
Hi Joerg,

I have not yet mounted the fairing.. Part of why it took so long to get from Stucchi (besides the language) was that they were adjusting the mounts to fit the V7 II. At least that is what they said. So I hope it fits well. Sure would think it will, considering the hefty price tag. My main priority last season was riding, so no time to mount fairing. I am planning to get to it in the winter-/springseason.

I also really gotten to love the naked look, and will be sad to see it go, but the classic Stucchi-fairing is a work of art, so I guess it will be equally stunning after mounting it. Worst case I'll just remove the fairing and go back to naked. If so, I really hope Todd will come up with a Speedo Drop Bracket for the V7 II. How 'bout it Todd? No pressure :)

Be sure to update us on the Fairing and mounting it, Joerg!

Best Regards!

Hi Biffalo, I started to feel the same after pondering on it a lot: DO I really want to see this stunning naked look go ??

The answer is that I finally decided to order a pair of clip ons for my Classic and a Drop Bracket mount and believe this will even further improve the naked look. Waiting for the delivery and hope I mount if over Christmas break.

For the saved money I may treat her a pair of Lafranconis ;) ?

Yepp, I agree. It's stunning naked as well.

I've got the Agostini slip-ons and a few other mods. This is what she looks like at the moment. FullSizeRender IMG 3624 IMG 3623

Best regards

B

Attachments

• IMG_3706.JPG
    IMG_3706.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 6
Nice bike, really!
Again, a drop bracket kit may improve it even more.

My 11' Classic with Zards, currently with stock handle bar still; projected to replace with clip ons soon.

Upload 2016 12 10 18 52 9

Back