Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

V7 record fairing

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Joerg Stoeckner, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

2. Biffalo

Biffalo Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Out of curosity, Faisal, what is the average rainfall pr. year in Quatar? Aha? Yeah. That's what I thought :) Ever been to Norway?

Not exactly lovin' the rear fender, but it's got a job to do, and it does. A good one. Also, my bile is a take on the classic 70's/80's bikes. A rear fender is a part of that. So mine will stay, in some shape or form. There are slicker alternatives, we'll se.

Best regards!

3. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hahaha, I understand your point, but you're going to get wet, the bike is going to get wet and dirty whether there's a mudguard or not. Front fender though, that's another story, but I highly doubt the rear fender will do much of a difference on rainy days.

4. Biffalo

Biffalo Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Haha, again. You should trust a norwegian when he expresses the value of a rear fender. At least over the Quatar representative. :)
    Without the rear fender the rain/dirt/mud will sling up in the turbulence/drag behind riders back, and in no time paint the riders back with a nice brown/beige accent. Also creep into the neck area, if not covered properly. So, I beg to differ, there is absolutely a difference.

I do agree, however, to the rest of your argument. If it rains, the bike will be covered in dirt anyhow.

BR
    Biffalo

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  5. Joerg Stoeckner

Joerg Stoeckner Tuned and Synch'ed

I dont drive in rain, simple as that, so weather protection aint much of an issue for me.

In South Germany we fortunately get awarded enough drougthy days with decent temperature between April and October.
    And seemingly they are getting more every year. Last year I was able to drive till Dec 26 even.

To your point, Faisal, I indeed dislike eleminators that brutally cut off the stern of the bike right after the seat bench.
    And I agree, BAAK is an alternative here. Need to ponder on that.
    Thx for advise.

6. Joerg Stoeckner

Out of curiousity: has anyone installed the BAAK fender eliminator?
    If so, would appreciate a picture.
    Wonder where to best position turn signals.

7. Faisal

Faisal Cruisin' Guzzisti

I have their eliminator installed, but it's the complete elimination of the fender with tail light and turn signals installed on it. Here's the link to my thread showing pictures:

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/my-v7-ii-racer.16712/

8. Joerg Stoeckner

Thx for sharing, Faisal.
    I am a bid more appealed by the other one they are offering still containing a short fender and the vintage style tail light.
    I may go for this.

9. andyb

andyb Cruisin' Guzzisti

IMG_0369.JPG Another option is to move the rear lamp / number plate up the mudguard about 50mm so that the number plate lower edge is just above the end of the mudguard. (By moving the asembly 50mm you can use some of the existing mounting holes). You still get the weather protection but the bike looks a lot neater - also removing the spacers on the indicator stems pulls them inwards and tidies them up. Others here did the same job before me so credit to them.
    I tried a UK fender eliminator.....on full bounce it touched the tyre and on wet roads I got dirt thrown up over the rear of the seat and on me. Useless in UK weather.
    AndyB

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Biffalo likes this.
  10. A*D*A*M

A*D*A*M Just got it firing!

IMG_3485.JPG Here's what I did, in my opinion the perfect fender mod if you don't want a complete elimination.
    I removed the bulky rear fender and swapped it for the front fender which I then replaced with the shorter front fender for the race model.
    Then I replaced the taillight for a CEV from the original V7 from the 70s.
    I had the two grooves on the fender serve asmounting spots for a set of Kellerman mini turn signals (the fender is inherited from the twin disk Nevada model where the grooves carried fasteners for the break hoses, on the V7 the just look odd).
    I ride in quite a lot of rain as I live in Göteborg, Sweden, a place almost as notoriously rainy as Norway. The moded fender has served me well when it comes to keeping the spray from the rear tyre away from my back.

BenRCMC and Biffalo like this.
  11. Joerg Stoeckner

Wow, you seem to have spent a lot of effort to eventually create this lovely fender solution! But effort was worth it as the picture proves.
    In the meantime after quite some investigations and comparisions I have ordered the MINI MUDGUARD from BAAK in France.
    To be delivered in a couple of days and then we'll see if it was the right decision....

Thx for sharing

12. Bob Ponticelli

Bob Ponticelli Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I did purchase the BAAK eliminator several months ago. I liked that everything was there and just bolt on and plug in. I think you will like.

13. Bob Ponticelli

I contacted the guy that made the custom fairing for Kyle (Earlier Post) and had him make one for me as well. I had the MAS fairing on my bike and never really liked it. I think this looks a tad better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a pic with the MAS Engineering fairing.

[​IMG]

Kyle Lamson likes this.
  14. Kyle Lamson

Kyle Lamson Tuned and Synch'ed

Looks great Bob. The polishing turned out well. I like the addition of the logo as well

15. Bob Ponticelli

Yes, and thx for the info. great guy to work with and am very happy with the look. Better than the MAS for sure.

Kyle Lamson likes this.