RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Welcome to the GT Forum! GuzziTech is now back to our origins; We hope you enjoy the Guzzi Global Community Forum here. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: If you are posting on numerous sites on the web, please stop back and follow up. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com - Store tab above. You need a different username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation with several business going at once - Sign into the Store to check on orders before contacting us. Thanks for your patience on orders. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000~2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jan 7, 2009.

1. A*D*A*M

A*D*A*M Just got it firing!

Updated the original post with some pictures snapped with my phone today.
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I'm really happy, I put in a lot of work to find all the right look and parts to match that.
    A lot of credit goes to Adam Nestor who lay down the paint job and did most of the assembly job after the crash. He is definately a world class bike builder/mechanic. I felt really safe turning over the bike to him. I've built 4 café racers before this and having his help on this saved me months of buildtime and made it possible to set the standards higher.

Magni pipes are from Magni in Italy. I can only recomend them. The roar of this bike goes from a base thump at 800 revs idle (know this is supposedly bad for bike but it changes the character to the better) and to a noice that big block Guzzis envy.

2. A*D*A*M

A*D*A*M Just got it firing!

Changed the post, snapped some pics today.

3. Schneider

Schneider Just got it firing!

Hi
    I'm new here, so I wanted to show you what bike I'm riding.
    It's the V7 Classic with Mistral exhausts, bar-end mirrors and cowl.
    Next thing to change is a short rear fender and a leather tank belt.
    (And maybe another claxon, because the sound is like you hear a little 50cc coming)

It's not the greatest picture, but you can see what it's about..

Attached Files:

4. Grvforce

Grvforce Tuned and Synch'ed

congrats buddy, u'll love it. great bike. here is my 12 Guzzi Stone, I need to replace the factory speedo with much smaller unit. any suggestions plz. thanks

Attached Files:

5. Canada72

Canada72 Just got it firing!

kasi, great looking bike - very unique. I especially like that you didn't add the ugly tailpiece from the Record kit.

Cheers!

Grvforce likes this.
  6. Pete Beukelman

Pete Beukelman Just got it firing!

Hey Guys, New to the forums here but a happy new Guzzi owner. Was planning on purchasing a Triumph Thruxton until I saw this beauty, a 2010 V7 classic. Here are a couple of photos on her maiden voyage and one of my pup helping me install the Mistrals.
    Cheers!

photo 2.JPG photo 3-1.JPG

7. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Hey Pete, well congrats and welcome to the GT Famiglia. Love to get your VIN# and info for the first post of this thread. Thruxton's are a dime a dozen these days, so good choice.
    I'm just west of you in the hills, so if I can be of any help with almost anything including service or performance related, pop in if you end up in the Santa Monica Mtns.
    Post again/often! Cheers.

8. johnpaul

johnpaul Just got it firing!

I've been meaning to post for a while, and finally got around to it.

Here is my V7 Special with cheap Jafrum leather bags:
    IMG_20140614_185119.jpg IMG_20140613_071237.jpg
    And here it is with even cheaper canvas bags and bar end mirrors:
    IMG_20141125_081844.jpg IMG_20141125_082846.jpg IMG_20141125_082902.jpg

JP

9. GT-Rx®

Beauty, thanks for posting. Be sure you guys add your VIN# and info per the first post of this thread unless you already have. Thanks in advance, and keep them coming!

RAG-RM-CC-RS1.jpg

Grvforce likes this.
  10. Hasse

Hasse Just got it firing!

V7 Racer is really a beautiful bike. But all V7 models should have had a little more power. about 70 horsepower would have been nice.

Are there any of you all out there who have a good explanation why the MG has chosen to have only just below 50HP in the 750cc bikes?

11. johnpaul

johnpaul Just got it firing!

12. GT-Rx®

Yes, quite simple... the 750 started life as a V35 with a heron head. It was built as an affordable utility transit machine. It grew to a V50, then 65, then finally the 750 with the same poor-flow head design. Sad part is they made the V65 Lario 4V head that was very decent, then extinguished.
    There was slight noise earlier this year for an "all new" mid-size engine, but nothing showed at EICMA this year where they first hinted in might. I suspect you should count on seeing something in the near future.

13. GT-Rx®

Thanks for that John.

14. Hasse

Hasse Just got it firing!

okay. Think it's more than I who have a little more force on the wish list

15. Grvforce

Grvforce Tuned and Synch'ed

Work in progress,

IMG_5454525509229.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2014
  16. ds99

ds99 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

ZGULW0007BM115294

Registered New in Sept 2011

London, UK

1.jpg

Grvforce and GT-Rx® like this.
  17. GT-Rx®

Thanks for that... Registry updated. Congrats and welcome to the Forum and GT Famigila.

18. cliffyg

cliffyg Tuned and Synch'ed

ZGULW00088M111389 V7 CLASSIC Registered on the Isle of Man 16/7/2010
    SDC15862.JPG

Pete Beukelman likes this.
  19. T4FFY

T4FFY Just got it firing!

Here's a shot of my V7Classic last month.

She currently undergoing modifications (fender eliminator, indicators, Ikon shocks and springs, chin fairing kit).

Mods completed include, Agostini exhaust, café seat, bar-end mirrors, pipe heat wrap.

I'm in love!

the-Guzzi.jpg
    IMG_8045.JPG
    IMG_8044.JPG

Pete Beukelman and 11201ny like this.
  20. damoru

damoru Tuned and Synch'ed

A new rear. Two seats, two options. This is the last one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Calijackalbob and GT-Rx® like this.