RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Happy 2019! Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation. Thanks for your patience on orders. GuzziTech is now back to our origins; Enjoy the Guzzi Community Forum and Resources here. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000 until 2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Gruzzer

Gruzzer Tuned and Synch'ed

ZGULWU003DM112483 / DOP - 10/26/13 / Mitchell Davis

started here:
    [​IMG]

now here:

IMG_9696_.jpg IMG_9690_.jpg
    IMG_9694_.jpg

goes without saying BUT - many / special thanks to GT-Rx.

2. mgmike

mgmike Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Gosh the color of the tank along with the polished center reminds me of old husqvarnas.....VERY NICE

3. Pizza

Pizza Just got it firing!

my new front fender... IMG_1400.jpg IMG_1401.jpg IMG_1403.jpg IMG_1404.jpg IMG_1405.jpg my new front fender...

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  4. Tony Walters

Tony Walters Just got it firing!

Latest Update. OG seat recovered in Leather, and a few more blacked out bits, and modified side panels

Attached Files:

schajo and MasterKraus like this.
  5. GerryP

GerryP Cruisin' Guzzisti

6. lolat204

lolat204 Just got it firing!

WP_20150516_14_44_15_Pro.jpg

New V7 Special to replace my V7C which behaved faultlessly for 5 years. Had the spoked wheels replaced by cast, to get tubeless tyres. Early summer in England, very happy.

7. tonUPRacer

tonUPRacer Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Hugo has inspired me to add a small leather tool pouch to my Racer. I went searching for a vintage bag and found this little gem. It's an old Swiss Army Ammo bag. Very sturdy and matches the leather strap on the bag nearly perfectly. What do I put in it? not much. Form over function, you bet, but I think it's way cool and I know I'll find a few uses for it.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BugSpatteredJacket and dabrucru like this.
  8. Hugo Vose

Hugo Vose Just got it firing!

Andy, that one is awesome! perfectly match with your leather strap. I made some changes on my crash bar too and i will post the pics later.

Cheers!
    hugo

9. Hugo Vose

Andy,
    I made some adjustment on my crash bar (wrap with leather) add another leather bag in the back and wrap the pipe to hide the blueish color stain.. give me your thoughts my friend. Thanks.

Cheers!
    Hugo View attachment 8589 View attachment 8589 IMAG0410.jpg IMAG0412.jpg IMAG0413.jpg IMAG0414.jpg IMAG0415.jpg IMAG0416.jpg IMAG0418.jpg

BugSpatteredJacket likes this.
  10. tonUPRacer

tonUPRacer Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Hi Hugo, that is some excellent leather work, is that your trade or a hobby? As for the mods, I think you may have a bit too much of a good thing going on. Ultimately it is your bike, and if you like it, that is exactly the way it should be. Since you did ask for my opinion, I'll be honest. I would completely remove the crash bar, it just doesn't "flow" if you know what I mean. If you really want a crash bar, Todd has some good options here on his store or I'm sure you could make something up yourself. Just a straight bar doesn't look right. I'd also remove the leather wrap on the foot- pegs. (Think less is more.) As for pipe wrap, I thought about putting it on my bike, but decided against it. If I do anything I'll get them ceramic coated. Why did you use so many pipe clamps? If you need that many, you may not have installed it correctly. As for the tail bag, I'd probably remove that one too, but I'm sure it could come in handy. Hope you don't take my criticism the wrong way and I do appreciate your great ideas!

11. Hugo Vose

Andy,
    Good day man! I'm really having a good time with this bike and one thing I fell in love with; is the leather strap attached on it and from there my mind starts to evolves in it. I think I'm in the "more instead of less" mods at this moment, but in a near future I'm considering doing less mods " raw looks" which what I did in my HD 883 iron "bobber looks". Overall, I'm still having fun especially getting tumbs up from other bikers and motorist. I'm really appreciate your feedbacks man!. thanks.

Cheers!
    Hugo

12. mermoto

mermoto Tuned and Synch'ed

13. invisibro

invisibro Just got it firing!

Purchased a 2013 Stone used. It came with gel seat, wind screen, and crash bars. Took off the wind screen.

Planning on adding bar-end mirrors and fender eliminator in the short term.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BugSpatteredJacket and 11201ny like this.
  14. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Congrats, and welcome to the GT Forum and Famiglia. Love to get your VIN# and info per the first post of this thread, and if you have the original owners name as well. Happy to get you the Fender Kit (in the Store tabbed above), and happy to answer any questions direct e-mail, any time; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Post again/often... and enjoy the bike.

15. invisibro

invisibro Just got it firing!

Thanks for the welcome. The original owner was Flatop over on WG, and the VIN is ZGULWU004DM111987.

16. Vintagehoarder

Vintagehoarder Tuned and Synch'ed

ZGULWUA15EM200007 Curt Edwards DOP Feburary 2014 V-7 Special - Louisville KY - My Wife's bike She loves it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

McBean likes this.
  17. GT-Rx®

Thanks for posting! Added. Hope your wife will check in and post on occasion too.

18. McBean

McBean Just got it firing!

Hi, I'm new here! from Queenstown, New Zealand, owned my V7 racer for 7 months. Its a 2011 model bought new with Arrow exhausts ready to go.
    I have another bike a BMW r1200r, which I use for touring and supermarket shopping…haha…well its easy to find a park more to the point.

The Guzzi I use for short rides, social occasions.

Its winter here, I will keep the Guzzi registered over the winter months, all up I travel approx 25,000kms per year, I belong to a local motorbike club we ride a lot.

This bike is my 5th bike I have owned.

I hope to gleam some knowledge of my bike from this forum, when I get to grips with the layout of it..thank-you.

Although I know my r1200r I'm a bit useless on technical knowledge of the Guzzi…and if I can get some time, post stuff up.

Here is some photos.

Head of the Lake towards Rees Valley.jpg
    This is taken just past a place called Glenorchy…this road leads to a lot of the walking tracks in the area, its one way in.

Dart River looking up stream.jpg

Storm coming in…from the head waters of this river….time to bale.

towards Greenstone valley.jpg

This place is called Bennets Bluff, its not far from my place, I'm with a friend who was excited at having purchased her first road bike….this KTM.

2014-10-11_12-23-21_985.jpg

schajo and BugSpatteredJacket like this.
  19. GT-Rx®

Beauty. Welcome to the GT Forum and Famiglia, and thanks for the pics and post! Beautiful area I hope to see in person one day soon thanks to Dave Gale at GuzziGander.com/Auckland. Love to get your VIN# per the first post of this thread. Congrats to your friend on the KTM 390 as well.

20. McBean

McBean Just got it firing!

Vin# ZGULWB001BM100320 Erin, Queenstown New Zealand

Hmmm…you should…life can be short :)[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015