• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Todd, just add me in your list. D.O.P 02/06/15 Vin#ZGULWUO2ODM200280 Moto Guzzi V7 racer 2013 number 812.
Thanks
View attachment 8344 View attachment 8345 View attachment 8346 View attachment 8346 View attachment 8347 View attachment 8348 View attachment 8349 View attachment 8350 View attachment 8351 HugoVose
Hugo has inspired me to add a small leather tool pouch to my Racer. I went searching for a vintage bag and found this little gem. It's an old Swiss Army Ammo bag. Very sturdy and matches the leather strap on the bag nearly perfectly. What do I put in it? not much. Form over function, you bet, but I think it's way cool and I know I'll find a few uses for it.
VZ4jhD8kGP9USMgo81McSb0_0zYC4wLe707YTPCV_ro=w270-h202-p-no

aJGBxPAtyUDwsYDz9JZZ9NtwPV7UpYFqqeCWKwCpgfo=w276-h207-p-no

Andy, that one is awesome! perfectly match with your leather strap. I made some changes on my crash bar too and i will post the pics later.

Cheers!
hugo

Hi Hugo, that is some excellent leather work, is that your trade or a hobby? As for the mods, I think you may have a bit too much of a good thing going on. Ultimately it is your bike, and if you like it, that is exactly the way it should be. Since you did ask for my opinion, I'll be honest. I would completely remove the crash bar, it just doesn't "flow" if you know what I mean. If you really want a crash bar, Todd has some good options here on his store or I'm sure you could make something up yourself. Just a straight bar doesn't look right. I'd also remove the leather wrap on the foot- pegs. (Think less is more.) As for pipe wrap, I thought about putting it on my bike, but decided against it. If I do anything I'll get them ceramic coated. Why did you use so many pipe clamps? If you need that many, you may not have installed it correctly. As for the tail bag, I'd probably remove that one too, but I'm sure it could come in handy. Hope you don't take my criticism the wrong way and I do appreciate your great ideas!

Andy,
Good day man! I'm really having a good time with this bike and one thing I fell in love with; is the leather strap attached on it and from there my mind starts to evolves in it. I think I'm in the "more instead of less" mods at this moment, but in a near future I'm considering doing less mods " raw looks" which what I did in my HD 883 iron "bobber looks". Overall, I'm still having fun especially getting tumbs up from other bikers and motorist. I'm really appreciate your feedbacks man!. thanks.

Cheers!
Hugo

Purchased a 2013 Stone used. It came with gel seat, wind screen, and crash bars. Took off the wind screen.

Planning on adding bar-end mirrors and fender eliminator in the short term.

MTN1xHA.jpg

eDFeKV3.jpg

Purchased a 2013 Stone used.
Congrats, and welcome to the GT Forum and Famiglia. Love to get your VIN# and info per the first post of this thread, and if you have the original owners name as well. Happy to get you the Fender Kit (in the Store tabbed above), and happy to answer any questions direct e-mail, any time; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Post again/often... and enjoy the bike.

Congrats, and welcome to the GT Forum and Famiglia. Love to get your VIN# and info per the first post of this thread, and if you have the original owners name as well. Happy to get you the Fender Kit (in the Store tabbed above), and happy to answer any questions direct e-mail, any time; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Post again/often... and enjoy the bike.

Thanks for the welcome. The original owner was Flatop over on WG, and the VIN is ZGULWU004DM111987.

Hi, I'm new here! from Queenstown, New Zealand, owned my V7 racer for 7 months. Its a 2011 model bought new with Arrow exhausts ready to go.
I have another bike a BMW r1200r, which I use for touring and supermarket shopping…haha…well its easy to find a park more to the point.

The Guzzi I use for short rides, social occasions.

Its winter here, I will keep the Guzzi registered over the winter months, all up I travel approx 25,000kms per year, I belong to a local motorbike club we ride a lot.

This bike is my 5th bike I have owned.

I hope to gleam some knowledge of my bike from this forum, when I get to grips with the layout of it..thank-you.

Although I know my r1200r I'm a bit useless on technical knowledge of the Guzzi…and if I can get some time, post stuff up.

Here is some photos.

Head of the Lake towards Rees Valley
This is taken just past a place called Glenorchy…this road leads to a lot of the walking tracks in the area, its one way in.

Dart River looking up stream

Storm coming in…from the head waters of this river….time to bale.

Towards Greenstone valley

This place is called Bennets Bluff, its not far from my place, I'm with a friend who was excited at having purchased her first road bike….this KTM.

2014 10 11 12 23 21 985

Hi, I'm new here! from Queenstown, New Zealand, owned my V7 racer for 7 months. Its a 2011 model
Beauty. Welcome to the GT Forum and Famiglia, and thanks for the pics and post! Beautiful area I hope to see in person one day soon thanks to Dave Gale at GuzziGander.com/Auckland. Love to get your VIN# per the first post of this thread. Congrats to your friend on the KTM 390 as well.

You live in the right place McBean - the Queenstown - Haast road has to be one of the best in the world for scenery, twisties and road surface.
Correct me if I am wrong but I think that road it is only about 20 years old so is well built, and the way it snakes around the lakes on twisties with good camber and visibility through the turns is delicious
AndyB

You live in the right place McBean - the Queenstown - Haast road has to be one of the best in the world for scenery, twisties and road surface.
Correct me if I am wrong but I think that road it is only about 20 years old so is well built, and the way it snakes around the lakes on twisties with good camber and visibility through the turns is delicious
AndyB

Thanks Andy, yes I live in a beautiful place, its labeled the southern lakes district, so there are roads following lots of lakes in my area. Some have been in for a while, some are subsiding gradually. The Haast road you mentioned is really prone to slips in high rainfall...it can be dangerous.

I have attached a link to a video I did recently....it gives you a overview of my home town and roads. Footage of riding my BMW r1200r and Moto Guzzi V7 R.

Back