RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Welcome to the GT Forum! GuzziTech is now back to our origins; We hope you enjoy the Guzzi Global Community Forum here. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: If you are posting on numerous sites on the web, please stop back and follow up. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com - Store tab above. You need a different username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation with several business going at once - Sign into the Store to check on orders before contacting us. Thanks for your patience on orders. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000~2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Bob Ponticelli

Bob Ponticelli Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Little different look too with the black side covers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BugSpatteredJacket likes this.
  2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Nick, wow, interesting. Understood about the weight. Love to get your VIN # and info for the first post here. Did you trade your Griso or did it find a new owner?

3. trialsn

trialsn Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Out of sheer curiosity...what is the point in posting VIN #'s? I thought that would be something one would want to keep private?

4. NickSzasz

NickSzasz Tuned and Synch'ed

I'll search for the VIN # and post later. As for the Griso, it was traded in. It was tough to say goodbye, but very happy with this new bike. Might be speaking to you about suspension options early next year.

5. Calijackalbob

Calijackalbob Cruisin' Guzzisti

Looks great mate, but then, every different colour, accessory, pipes, whatever iv'e seen on a V7 looks great. It's hard to fuck up perfection.
    Like the knee grips on the tank.

6. GT-Rx®

Anything that can be obtained from simply walking by a bike in any public situation is terribly non-private. Having the VIN# is the only real reference of the bike, and it's just done for fun to see where the bikes go in time.

7. GT-Rx®

I bet that was the case with the Griso... and very good on the suspension. Happy to be of help. Do you still have the '09 Classic too?

8. black47

black47 Just got it firing! GT Famiglia

Howdy all,

I've been eyeballing a Guzzi since the Breva was introduced for 2003, and reading Melissa Pierson's "The Perfect Vehicle".
    As well, I have been watching the V7's evolution for a couple years, and was very taken with that models classic looks.

With the introduction of the latest iteration of the V7 II Stone, my will to resist was finally overcome!
    I traded in my Yamaha FZ07 for a 2016 V7 II Stone, in basic black, this past Friday; VIN#ZGULWUB06GM200302

I took a test ride, with a chance to try the bike over some rough but scenic roads near the dealer, and was pleasantly surprised with the generally good ride, handling and performance from a stock bike. I'm 5'10 176 lbs, so near the ideal range imagined by the bikes designers.

I have put on almost a hundred miles so far, and I think i'll be giving Todd some of my money for the ECU reflash. I had Dynoworks in Washington state reflash the ECU for my Yamaha, and it made a good bike great, so I can imagine the positive effects on the Guzzi.

The Guzzi mystique still lives in these new V7s; this bike really does have a character. It reminds me of my horses, the four legged kind...;)

IMG_0543.JPG

schajo, Wahoo650 and GT-Rx® like this.
  9. GT-Rx®

Congrats and welcome to the Famiglia and Forum. The FZ-07 is a fun bike, but completely lacks any real panache that the V7 exudes.
    Look forward to being of help in allowing it to run correctly. Appreciate the VIN info as well. Post often.

BugSpatteredJacket and black47 like this.
  10. black47

black47 Just got it firing! GT Famiglia

Thank YOU, Todd, for shepherding so many good things for the Guzzi crowd through the chaos of the interwebs.

The FZ07 is a great bike; really ideal for new/casual riders, since it is so much like a modern appliance, they'll get a bike they'll never have to think about. Unfortunately, it's like a modern appliance, and you never want to think about it! :D

11. Pizza

Pizza Just got it firing!

A few changes: Lafranconi exhaust, handles in leather, yellow headlights:

IMG_1516.jpg IMG_1858.jpg IMG_2119.jpg IMG_1516.jpg IMG_1858.jpg IMG_2119.jpg

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  12. trialsn

trialsn Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Pizza, is the rear fender and light by Moto Guzzi?

13. BenRCMC

BenRCMC Tuned and Synch'ed

Looks like a Lucas style hooded taillight! The same that's going on mine...

14. NickSzasz

NickSzasz Tuned and Synch'ed

OK the VIN# for my 15 v7II is ZGULW1008FM201998

Unfortunately the '09 Classic is gone. My wife had a bad accident on it. She's fine now, but the bike was a write off. For now she's riding two-up with me on the new V7II, but hope she wants to get one for herself next year.

v7II side.jpg

15. joejacobi

joejacobi Tuned and Synch'ed

16. Gruzzer

Gruzzer Tuned and Synch'ed

thanks joe! This is a chrome Racer tank that had a custom paint job applied.

17. ErictheBastard

ErictheBastard Just got it firing!

Here's my 2013 V7 Special. I purchased it in March of 2015, got my license on 4/28, took off and haven't looked back.
    VIN#ZGULWU010DM200092

Now 7 months and 9400 miles into my V7 experience (also my only motorcycle experience).
    The bike has proven to be exactly everything I expected, all in a good way.
    Merit badges earned:
    • 50 miles in the rain
    • 500 miles in a day
    • 2000 miles in a month
    • Los Angeles to Lake Tahoe (46°F in summer riding gear!) and back via Tonopah and Death Valley
    • Los Angeles to San Luis Obispo
    • Los Angeles to Sequoia Nat'l Park
    • DIY oil change (sump, gearbox and final drive)
    • DIY valve adjustment (easiest valve adjustment EVER)
    • Crash! (minor, although getting permanently creamed was only one synaptic misfire away)
    • 3 drops (and 3 broken clutch levers)
    • Tendency towards target fixation seems to have been purged

Haven't been compelled to modify the bike extensively. Just some little personal problem solvers:
    • Dart Fly Screen (mitigates torso parachute effect somewhat)
    • Napoleon bar end mirrors (SO MUCH BETTER than the stock moth antennas which did little more than remind me of which jacket I was wearing)
    • Exhaust Wrap (looks better than the rather random bluing)
    • Cafe seat (bum stop peace of mind and a bit of a go fast look)
    • Knee pads
    • Racer tank strap 1136x852.jpeg.b6a5f2a812d943e0b0c6f54d3aa34b0b.large.jpg 12274205_10207946738205756_1300683892105918292_n.jpg

18. Phillip Pistoresi

Phillip Pistoresi Just got it firing!

Hello all. Picked up my new V7 last week. Vin# 2GULWUB23GM200016. #026/1,000. DOP- 12/2/2015. Phillip-Madera, CA.

Attached Files:

19. mwrenn

mwrenn Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Cool! My serial number is 20007, but it is Racer #36/1000.
    I hope you really enjoy your new bike!

20. Phillip Pistoresi

Phillip Pistoresi Just got it firing!

Weird. You would have thought the numbers were sequential. Do you like your bike?