Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jan 6, 2009.

1. wthammond

wthammond Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Never understood how someone buys a bike and only puts 2000 miles one it. I put 5K on my Caponord since Oct 16, and 700 on my V7 since 2/25/17. And I don't even regularly commute!

2. Bob Ponticelli

Bob Ponticelli Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I put fewer miles on mine than almost anyone. ~1,400 after 24 months. I commute to work on it daily however. Issue is I work 2 miles from home. Weekends are filled with a variety of interests like running, tennis, golf, tandem bicycling, and I try to fit a ride on my V7 in there somewhere......we usually take it to tennis. :>

3. wthammond

wthammond Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Sounds like a pretty full life Bob! At least your getting on the bike every day even if only 2 miles. Have to say I'm jealous. I only have a 14 mile commute, but it is a straight shot on a congested 2 lane road. Not fun in the heat on any MC, much less an air cooled one. Cheers!

4. Sean_Kelly

Sean_Kelly Tuned and Synch'ed

Hey guys, haven't had time to upload on the registry yet, too busy riding!

2016 V7 II D.O.P. 11.23.2016 Upland, CA (Bought from Brea, original owner)

VIN: ZGULWUB07GM200440

guzzi2.png

guzzi1.png
    My friend decided to go the triumph route instead.

guzzi3.png

schajo and GT-Rx® like this.
  5. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

if that's the new bobber he won't be too happy with that tiny gas tank after the V7.

6. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Took delivery of the Mk III late yesterday. Just got a short spin on it, but some quick notes:
    Refinement, refinement, refinement. And it's really showing. Engine power (with 3 miles on it) is much improved over even the Mk II. In addition to the notes on the post above, the fueling is start and ride away; Light years better than any previously. Lively motor power wise... a touch less "grunt" than the 850cc V9, but still signs off fairly early like the Heron head I & II.
    The new shorter (repositioned) KYB rear shocks are also markedly improved, not great, but better. Forks are the same horrible Kaifa units.
    What is evident is the platform sharing hardware. Same (oddly larger) triple trees (hence longer wheelbase and motor to tire gap), as well as footgear from the V9. Frustratingly enough they kept the old frame/narrow swingarm & wheels. Why not go to modern sizes and width finally?
    The new seat is lower and better padded with a really nice thick seat material. The lower seat makes the tank feel larger. It's the same size of course. I'll be posting some more notes after I get some miles on it. Then off to the dyno and digging into the exhaust and related.
    It will of course be plugged into the RentAGuzzi Fleet shortly as well (click pic below).
    Anyone want our V7 II Stone? It is now up for sale, and is running the best it ever has. Contact me for details or I'll be sticking it on the Classifieds here soon.

[​IMG]

7. Kyuss

Kyuss Just got it firing!

My newly rescued and adopted V7 at home in the Adirondacks for a free range lifestyle with plenty of land and roads for exercise.

Tail tidy
    Agostini Pipes
    Bars lowered
    Seat foam shaved/reshaped

Next project... motogadget tiny to clean lines up and remove giant 1980's looking gauge cluster. Oh, and engine crash bars first and foremost on list.

IMG_6145.JPG

schajo, dabrucru and Poppe like this.
  8. Kyuss

Kyuss Just got it firing!

Oh and I really like the color black... so I've wrapped exhaust as well since that photo.

IMG_6153.JPG

dabrucru and Poppe like this.
  9. ToyGuzzi

ToyGuzzi Just got it firing!

My first bike - 2016 Guzzi V7 Stone II silver. . .starting to customize with clutch handle:
    20170402_112024.jpg

Poppe likes this.
  10. Bob Ponticelli

Nice. Do you like the Pazzo Shorty's? I just added to my 2014 and took a couple days to get use to the short clutch......no diff noticed on the short brake.

ToyGuzzi likes this.
  11. ToyGuzzi

ToyGuzzi Just got it firing!

It's adjustable and is now set to 5 and I like it a lot. At first I tried settings 1-3 and that was too short for my liking. BTW, lovely bike you got there :)

12. Bob Ponticelli

Mine is set to 5 as well. Congrats on your new ride and thx....done many little tweaks. The nice thing about these are that they are inexpensive and IMO allows you to add some "toys" without really breaking the bank.

13. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Tyler Poppe - Los Angeles, CA - Got it May 6th, 2016.

ZGULWUA04FM200458 - 2015 V7 Stone - New at purchase.

TylerP-V7-RegPic.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  14. GT-Rx®

Nice, congrats! My Guzzi Jackal started it's life in New England including the Guzzi Rally in your area back then.
    Can you post the VIN# and info for the first post of the thread?

15. GT-Rx®

Congrats and welcome to the GT Forum and Guzzi Famiglia.
    Hope you'll post your full info for the first post if this thread including VIN#.

16. minimike

minimike Tuned and Synch'ed

My '09 Classic that used to be White:

[​IMG]

Thinking of buying a Stornello to park next to it. Have a call in to a dealer now.

Poppe and DK-V7classic like this.
  17. Kacey3

Kacey3 Tuned and Synch'ed

Here I am on my 2016 V7II Stone after installing the two-up Corbin seat and Hepco & Becker bags.

[​IMG]

schajo, TimmyTheHog and Poppe like this.
  18. GT-Rx®

It just helps keep track of the owner for questions or for (fun) interest down the road to see where your bike has lived since new. On the big blocks, having access to the previous owners may come in handy for the User Codes to access the ECU/Dash.
    There are many Registries like it all over the World for other items and brands.

Poppe likes this.
  19. Kacey3

Kacey3 Tuned and Synch'ed

It could also be useful in the event that a bike is stolen, everyone on the forum would have that VIN and be able to check for any suspicious sales in their area.

20. DK-V7classic

DK-V7classic Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor