RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Happy 2019! Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation. Thanks for your patience on orders. GuzziTech is now back to our origins; Enjoy the Guzzi Community Forum and Resources here. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000 until 2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
    Vin# ZGULWU027DM100502
    Purchased July 26 2014 new from Stock's Harley Davidson Manitowoc Wisconsin
    Upgrades and accessories,
    Guzzitech 2>1 exhaust
    Guzzitech ECU reflash
    Guzzitech V7 Speedo drop bracket
    BMC air filter
    Metal fuel filter
    RhinoMoto bar end sliders
    CRG hindsight lanesplitter bar end mirrors.
    Garmin G.P.S.
    Upgraded voltage regulator
    Upgraded spark plug caps
    Dipstick thermometer
    Moto Guzzi 2up seat kit
    20170502_103702.jpg

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    schajo, Kyuss, T_Guzzi and 4 others like this.
  2. TBro

TBro Just got it firing! GT Contributor

2016 V7 II Stone
    VIN# ZGULWUB06GM200428
    Purchased from Metro Motorcycle in Neenah, WI. Great dealer to work with by the way.
    Accessories/Upgrades:
    Agostini All Black Slip Ons(A little more expensive than the chrome tip version, but I just think they look better on the Stone)
    Rhino Bar End Sliders
    CRG 3.2 Lane Splitter Mirrors
    MUPO Fork Spring Kit(Not installed yet)
    K-Tech Razor III shocks(On order from Todd)
    ECU Reflashed using the FT from Todd. Highly Recommended

Had her out today running a quick errand for the first time after the reflash. All I can say is she is a total
    blast to ride. Can't wait to see how she performs after the suspension upgrades.

[​IMG]

3. John Backlund

John Backlund Tuned and Synch'ed

This is my first post on this forum, so hello!

I bought this V7 III three days ago from the new Moto-Guzzi dealer in Sturgis, South Dakota. It is the first new Guzzi sold at that shop (which has been a BMW/Yamaha/Suzuki shop for several decades). I've owned about 58 motorcycles over the years. This is my first Moto-Guzzi, and I already know that it will be a superb motorcycle for riding the hills and curves of our Black Hills area.
    IMG_20170511_103529829_HDR.jpg

For any of you Guzzi riders heading to the Black Hills this season, there is (finally) now a servicing Moto Guzzi dealer in the Black Hills area, a very welcome development IMO.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Squire David, BryanT, TBro and 8 others like this.
  4. motomadness

motomadness Just got it firing!

First saw this bike in person at COTA MotoGP last month and knew I must have it. What a ridiculously fun bike. Keeps me grinning from ear to ear! So, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello! IMG_20170513_163020_resized_20170513_043039438.jpg

schajo, dwhynott, dabrucru and 7 others like this.
  5. motomadness

motomadness Just got it firing!

GT-Rx® likes this.
  6. elvisboy77

elvisboy77 Just got it firing!

Just got my bike yesterday, wow what a nice bike! Very good power, shifting, ergos. Handles great. So pleased!

18422309_10212873577544211_3880407096834469104_o.jpg

schajo, dabrucru, TBro and 1 other person like this.
  7. mechanicsavant

mechanicsavant Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Congrats I was oogling one@ my favorite M-G dealer 2days ago very handsome. If its anything even close to previous model (V7ii) the grin factor will increase as you put more miles on !

motomadness likes this.
  8. Mr Pootle

Mr Pootle Cruisin' Guzzisti

I'm so tempted, but can I justify taking the loss on a bike less than a year old? Come on, you UK dealers, make me an offer I can't refuse.

9. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Congrats and welcome to the GT Famiglia & Guzzi fold! And thanks for adding your info as the first registered here.
    Great picture, enjoy it and post often.

motomadness likes this.
  10. GT-Rx®

Well congrats! Thanks for the post and pic. Hope you'll post your info with VIN# for the first post of this thread. Post often.

11. GT-Rx®

John, thanks for the post and congrats! Love to get your info for the first post of this thread. So do you stay in town for the bike rally or leave like it seems most others there so?
    Hope to run into you one day soon. Enjoy the bike and post often.

12. Chokoloso

Chokoloso Tuned and Synch'ed

So here's my 2016 Special, brought home two weeks ago. I went from an FZ-07 to this. The FZ is an amazing bike but I never truly felt love for it. From the very first ride on this bike I was in love.

D.O.P: 5/3/17
    VIN: ZGULWUB11GM200149

IMG_0926.JPG

@GT-Rx® added dop

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    schajo, TBro, MotoBug and 4 others like this.
  13. Kofiko

Kofiko Just got it firing! GT Famiglia

After months of anticipation my 2017 V7III finally arrived last week, and a day before picking it up I decided to switch from the blue model to the black model that was luckily arriving at the same time. I has a Stelvio before for a few years, but I never tried the V7II, so I cannot compare the V7III to the II.
    I took it to all kinds of roads- Highways, country, gravel and some rough roads in temps ranging from upper 40s to mid 70s including rain. Here are my first 300 mile impressions:
    Fun fun fun! The violent shake of the bike as you start it jolts you to remind you that this is a Guzzi. The shaking along with the clicking and clacking continue as the low, deep exhaust pipes come to life – what a joy! As you put it in gear and tear off you think you got the wrong bike by mistake – Is this a 750cc bike? Feels more like a 1,200! The torque is unreal. There’s almost no wrong gear to be in when pulling out of a turn – the low grunt is always there for you like an ol’e reliable steam-engine. On the highway it holds its place, but it is not a 1,200 bike. I was actually cruising at 75 MPH in 6th gear at 4,000 RPM. I easily pulled to 80 and 90 a few times in order to pass, but I didn’t want to push the bike too much during the break-in period; It remained stable at the higher speeds as well. With no wind protection 70mph seems like the place to be and that keeps me in normal speeds for the most part, so it’s a good thing… The sitting position is comfortable, and the seat is well padded. Sliding on the seat from side to side in tight turns is unobstructive and feels natural. It’s nice to have a bike that feels light for a change, and being able to flat-foot it when backing up is much easier and reassuring than with the big adventure monsters I'm used too. It managed the gravel well, but even the lowest traction-control level (MGTC-1) is still too invasive on the loose stuff. You can’t even climb a gravel hill with the TC engaged, but luckily it can be turned off with a single push of a button without even slowing down. Gas mileage is excellent, and combining with the surprisingly large tank this bike has an impressive ~300 mile fuel range, but probably not the way I ride :devil:. The bike feels light and “flickable”, and it craves the curves. It is the kind of bike you always want to take on a ride – even a quick short one. I talked about functionality and performance, but we cannot ignore the irresistible sex-appeal of this bike with its retro look and feel. It is such a cool bike to ride and look at, and I simply cannot get enough of it.

So what are the shortcomings?

As I mentioned before – it’s not a 1,200. Even though it feels much more powerful that it’s stated HP, it won’t be my first choice on LD highway trips. However, if those trips involves mostly small roads it will do just fine -this bike rules the twisties!
    More of my petty gripes: The suspension is basic, and the forks are not adjustable. Some plastic parts look and feel a bit cheap. As I mention before, first gear tears off with power and elegance, but combined with the shaft-drive and a jerky throttle response in low speeds getting on and off the throttle in stop-and-go traffic is far less than refined. I had the same issue with the old Stelvio, but an ECU re-flush by Todd with a new fueling map fixed that. I can't wait for Todd to come up with a new map for the V7III. It usually does much more than just fixing things, and it will bring out the full potential of this bike.

Sitting wise - I could use a 1“ handle-bar raise. The advantage of the low seat comes at the price of the foot-pegs being relatively too high up, and lowering them is not an option (I'm 5/11).

To sum this up, this bike is awesome! It is everything I was hoping for coming in a retro package that is so cool that I can’t stop looking at the bike. It feels great to ride, and the low-end power is addictive. I just love this bike!
    Thank you Moto Guzzi!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    schajo, Kyuss, MOLT and 8 others like this.
  14. Kofiko

Kofiko Just got it firing! GT Famiglia

2017 Moto Guzzi V7 III Special VIN ZGULDUA01HM000016 - Avner Skolnik got it at "La Moto Washington" in Arlington, VA
    Can't stop riding it and looking at it...
    [​IMG]

one eagle, MOLT, TBro and 6 others like this.
  15. joejacobi

joejacobi Just got it firing!

Congrats! and yes, you DO look happy! :) a good thing!

Kofiko likes this.
  16. Cdupree87

Cdupree87 Just got it firing!

Proud owner of a new V7 III Stone!

20170515_183911.jpg Screenshot_20170513-153451.jpg

Kyuss, T_Guzzi, MotoBug and 4 others like this.
  17. GT-Rx®

Congrats and welcome!
    Love to get your VIN# and the rest of the info for the first post of this thread... and thanks for posting the pics!

18. MotoBug

MotoBug Tuned and Synch'ed

For the new bike owners here it might be worth going over the bike and nipping up nuts and bolts. So far I've lost the rhs plastic plug cover on the head and today noticed the hex key bolt and silver trim washer that secure the headlight have fallen out. I'm hoping the shop will replace it but I don't even know if a small part like that can be ordered.

....Thankfully the dealer A1 motorcycles just called and are sending the parts so minor issues aside... I'm loving the bike!

Here's some recent photos....
    DSC01358.JPG DSC01361-2.jpg DSC01366-3.jpg DSC01372-2.jpg DSC01363-2.jpg DSC01365-2.jpg

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  19. Skija

Skija Just got it firing!

DSC_1616.JPG

Owner of V7 Stone year 2012.
    VIN# ZGULWE004CM111878 - Ljubljana, Slovenia

schajo, BryanT, TBro and 3 others like this.
  20. GT-Rx®

I landed a V7 III Racer today. Digging into it on Monday for GT-Rx® exhaust mods (as yes, the stock exhaust goes on forever), and I'm going to make it a V9 (820cc) Racer. I'll be posting info as we go.
    Once done, it will go into the RideMalibu/RentAGuzzi.com Fleet.
    I have to say I am thrilled that the Ohlins shocks are more than cosmetic... only downside is that they will not retro-fit to any of the older V7s.

IMG_0956.JPG

Stradagene, BenRCMC, TBro and 3 others like this.