• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Hi Todd,
I’m in India at the moment and my bike is in London, so I will only be able to fill in the registry details when I return at the end of March. By the way, (as I’m sure some of the eagle-eyed amongst you would have spotted) the bike is a 2015 Stone ll with tank and side panels from a Classic, because I just loved the colour, but I didn’t much care for the chrome on the classic.
I’m not sure if I like the silver rim tape or not. Loved it at first but now think it looks too poncy. Will probably remove it when I return.
This is my first Goose after 12 Bee -ems and I wish I’d bought one earlier. Absolutely my favourite bike after 55 years of riding and many bikes. I will NEVER sell this little baby.

Good, I'm glad. {The strap} really made a mess on the top of my tank.
... It might buff out with some polishing compound and wax.

I didn't go to rubbing compound, I buffed the tank several times today with polishing compound, over and over, and then waxed it. That's cleaned up the damage such that the tank is presentable again, but the paint is definitely damaged pretty deep and it should at least be repainted. I'll find out from the dealer tomorrow what the status on the warranty claim is.

I like the looks of the tank more without the leather belt and with the polished pop-up fuel cap. It's a simpler style, just the shapes and colors. It might look nice with a center stripe decal, and a Moto Guzzi eagle badge decal up by the steering head too. :)

Lovely, Bruce!

BTW: Consider lining the back of that belt over the tank, it's fairly rough leather. Mine scuffed up the paint on the top of the tank pretty badly over the first few months of riding it.

Lovely, Bruce!

BTW: Consider lining the back of that belt over the tank, it's fairly rough leather. Mine scuffed up the paint on the top of the tank pretty badly over the first few months of riding it.

Thanks, Godfrey, great tip! What did you you, and how did you affix it? Glue?

VIN# ZGULDUB01HM000029 Bruce Wharton Asheville, NC DOP 12/18/2017
Congrats Bruce, and welcome to the GT Forum & Famiglia.
Godfrey removed his strap. If you like it, I recommend putting a heavy strip of 3M matte clear body tape underneath (found on Amazon or eq). I’ve also cut out knee contact pad areas.

Yes, I decided I liked the looks of the bike more without it and so have removed it. I've filed a warranty claim with the dealer, which I might push to have fulfilled by doing a custom paint job.

What Todd suggests would work well.

Or you can line the back of the belt with a soft, non-abrasive material:
  • Get some fine weave microfiber cloth or moleskin.
  • Use leather glue to fix it to the back of the belt.
  • Carefully trim it to the belt.
Then reshape or reposition the hasp at the back of the belt (in front of the seat) where it engages the belt such that the belt is held down snugly and cannot move around easily.

The problem is that this styling detail is totally non-functional (the tank is fully secured by two slide on mounts and the rear bolt), not finished well where it contacts the paint, and not fitted snugly. That means it can jiggle around as you ride and slowly abrade the paint. There's nothing wrong with it being a styling detail, if you like it, but it should be well-finished and fitted snugly.

I just happen to like the looks of the tank more without it. :)

G

Hi,

I am Andrew - an Indonesian living in Santa Barbara, CA. I purchased a 2017 Moto Guzzi V7 III Stone on March 3rd, 2018. I am a new rider and it is my first bike.

Mods to install next week: Agostini crash bar, OEM rear luggage rack, and Cyclops LED bulb. And in the future, I am hoping to get JWS headlamp, bar-end mirrors, brown saddle and tank belt, and maybe some Ohlin suspension... but what do I know? :lipssealed:

Let me know if anyone is in the area. Cheers.

VIN: ZGULDU004HM000223

Attachments

• IMG_4255.jpg
    IMG_4255.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 28872168_10105887641171972_3046855251986737505_n.jpg
    28872168_10105887641171972_3046855251986737505_n.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 43
  • 28661176_10105887641022272_1719924409659229363_n.jpg
    28661176_10105887641022272_1719924409659229363_n.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hi,

I am Andrew - an Indonesian living in Santa Barbara, CA. I purchased a 2017 Moto Guzzi V7 III Stone on March 3rd, 2018. I am a new rider and it is my first bike.

Mods to install next week: Agostini crash bar, OEM rear luggage rack, and Cyclops LED bulb. And in the future, I am hoping to get JWS headlamp, bar-end mirrors, brown saddle and tank belt, and maybe some Ohlin suspension... but what do I know? :lipssealed:

Let me know if anyone is in the area. Cheers.

VIN: ZGULDU004HM000223
Very nice Andrew. Enjoy, and Happy Birthday from a fellow Match 3rd guy. :)

Welcome, Andrew. Congratulations on the beautiful bike. If you haven't yet, please take a rider's class. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation classes are very good and offered all over the country. And, practice your braking and quick turning to avoid obstructions! Usually we says "shiny side up," but in your case I'll say "flat orange-yellow side up." Ride safely, and have fun!

Last edited:
Welcome, Andrew. Congratulations on the beautiful bike. If you haven't yet, please take a rider's class. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation classes are very good and offered all over the country. And, practice your braking and quick turning to avoid obstructions! Usually we says "shiny side up," but in your case I'll say "flat black side up." Ride safely, and have fun!

Thanks Bruce! Yes, I've done the MSF back in November and refresher course last Sunday. I believe the only thing to do now is to log in those miles and keep practicing. Santa Barbara is mostly local traffic, so I got to get on the 101 and 154 on a Saturday morning for highway practice.

3_10_18_zpslhfdn1z3.jpg
Hello All,
Picked up my black n blue 2017 Stone last week and finally took it out today for a 50 mile ride. This is my first Moto Guzzi and really enjoying it. I've ridden ever since my Taco minibike in 1970 and owned lots of used bikes. Always loved the GUZZI style- so glad I pulled the trigger on one for my first new bike!

There's a good story to this bike already. The 'original owner' was a young guy who won it on Let's Make a Deal. Problem is he didn't even have a driver's license yet and was in the process of moving to California from Seattle. He arranged to pick it up in Seattle at Moto International, then he put an ad on craigslist. I had been motorcycle shopping for a couple of months and basically hated everything I tried out. I did like the Moto Guzzis so was already starting to look for one. I contacted him, we set a price, and I picked this gem up on 3/3/18 at Moto International and paid him via Paypal. Must give a shout out to Candace at MI who facilitated all the paperwork since the guy was already back in Cali.

3 10 18

3_10_18_zpslhfdn1z3.jpg
Hello All,
Picked up my black n blue 2017 Stone last week...
Welcome and congrats John! Please upload the photo to the server here, or send to me direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com
Also love to get your VIN# and rest of the info for the forst post of this thread.

Back