RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Welcome to the GT Forum! GuzziTech is now back to our origins; We hope you enjoy the Guzzi Global Community Forum here. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: If you are posting on numerous sites on the web, please stop back and follow up. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com - Store tab above. You need a different username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation with several business going at once - Sign into the Store to check on orders before contacting us. Thanks for your patience on orders. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000~2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Barry Joyce

Barry Joyce Just got it firing!

2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Beauty Barry. Can you post the VIN# and the rest of the info for the first post of this thread?
    Welcome to the GT Famiglia... and post often.

3. Barry Joyce

Hi Todd,
    I’m in India at the moment and my bike is in London, so I will only be able to fill in the registry details when I return at the end of March. By the way, (as I’m sure some of the eagle-eyed amongst you would have spotted) the bike is a 2015 Stone ll with tank and side panels from a Classic, because I just loved the colour, but I didn’t much care for the chrome on the classic.
    I’m not sure if I like the silver rim tape or not. Loved it at first but now think it looks too poncy. Will probably remove it when I return.
    This is my first Goose after 12 Bee -ems and I wish I’d bought one earlier. Absolutely my favourite bike after 55 years of riding and many bikes. I will NEVER sell this little baby.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  4. Barry Joyce

5. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

I didn't go to rubbing compound, I buffed the tank several times today with polishing compound, over and over, and then waxed it. That's cleaned up the damage such that the tank is presentable again, but the paint is definitely damaged pretty deep and it should at least be repainted. I'll find out from the dealer tomorrow what the status on the warranty claim is.

I like the looks of the tank more without the leather belt and with the polished pop-up fuel cap. It's a simpler style, just the shapes and colors. It might look nice with a center stripe decal, and a Moto Guzzi eagle badge decal up by the steering head too. :)

Bruce Wharton likes this.
  6. marquezdl

marquezdl Just got it firing!

what kind of exhaust system is that, I cant make out the text on the can...Mistral?

7. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Just got it firing!

Giuseppe Scaglione:
    V7 III Stone 2017. Fender cleaned up.. side bar mirrors... single seat . Debating if I need a small frontfairing...

20180216_131256.jpg

joejacobi, schajo and GT-Rx® like this.
  8. Bruce Wharton

Bruce Wharton Just got it firing!

VIN# ZGULDUB01HM000029 Bruce Wharton Asheville, NC DOP 12/18/2017 MG V7iii Racer.JPG

9. Godfrey

Lovely, Bruce!

BTW: Consider lining the back of that belt over the tank, it's fairly rough leather. Mine scuffed up the paint on the top of the tank pretty badly over the first few months of riding it.

10. Bruce Wharton

Thanks, Godfrey, great tip! What did you you, and how did you affix it? Glue?

11. GT-Rx®

Congrats Bruce, and welcome to the GT Forum & Famiglia.
    Godfrey removed his strap. If you like it, I recommend putting a heavy strip of 3M matte clear body tape underneath (found on Amazon or eq). I’ve also cut out knee contact pad areas.

12. Godfrey

Yes, I decided I liked the looks of the bike more without it and so have removed it. I've filed a warranty claim with the dealer, which I might push to have fulfilled by doing a custom paint job.

What Todd suggests would work well.

Or you can line the back of the belt with a soft, non-abrasive material:
    • Get some fine weave microfiber cloth or moleskin.
    • Use leather glue to fix it to the back of the belt.
    • Carefully trim it to the belt.
    Then reshape or reposition the hasp at the back of the belt (in front of the seat) where it engages the belt such that the belt is held down snugly and cannot move around easily.

The problem is that this styling detail is totally non-functional (the tank is fully secured by two slide on mounts and the rear bolt), not finished well where it contacts the paint, and not fitted snugly. That means it can jiggle around as you ride and slowly abrade the paint. There's nothing wrong with it being a styling detail, if you like it, but it should be well-finished and fitted snugly.

I just happen to like the looks of the tank more without it. :)

G

13. dududuckling

dududuckling Tuned and Synch'ed GT Site Contributor!

Hi,

I am Andrew - an Indonesian living in Santa Barbara, CA. I purchased a 2017 Moto Guzzi V7 III Stone on March 3rd, 2018. I am a new rider and it is my first bike.

Mods to install next week: Agostini crash bar, OEM rear luggage rack, and Cyclops LED bulb. And in the future, I am hoping to get JWS headlamp, bar-end mirrors, brown saddle and tank belt, and maybe some Ohlin suspension... but what do I know? :lipssealed:

Let me know if anyone is in the area. Cheers.

VIN: ZGULDU004HM000223

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  14. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti

Very nice Andrew. Enjoy, and Happy Birthday from a fellow Match 3rd guy. :)

15. GT-Rx®

Welcome here Andrew, congrats! Looks great.

He also visited RideMalibu this weekend for a little seat time for his new bike arrival... thanks for that as well!

Dudu-RM-V7IIIStone.jpg

schajo and Attackpug like this.
  16. dududuckling

Thank you!

17. Bruce Wharton

Welcome, Andrew. Congratulations on the beautiful bike. If you haven't yet, please take a rider's class. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation classes are very good and offered all over the country. And, practice your braking and quick turning to avoid obstructions! Usually we says "shiny side up," but in your case I'll say "flat orange-yellow side up." Ride safely, and have fun!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  18. dududuckling

Thanks Bruce! Yes, I've done the MSF back in November and refresher course last Sunday. I believe the only thing to do now is to log in those miles and keep practicing. Santa Barbara is mostly local traffic, so I got to get on the 101 and 154 on a Saturday morning for highway practice.

19. Godfrey

I seem to recall the generic way of saying that is "Paint up, rubber down." :D

Good luck with your new motorcycle, Andrew! Take your time and practice, practice, practice! :)

dududuckling and Bruce Wharton like this.
  20. Oadslug

Oadslug Tuned and Synch'ed

Nice work. Very clean, simple, beautiful. May I ask where you got the taillight assembly? I've been looking everywhere for something like this.

Mayakovski likes this.