Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Blue on Black

Blue on Black Just got it firing!

[​IMG]Hello All,
    Picked up my black n blue 2017 Stone last week and finally took it out today for a 50 mile ride. This is my first Moto Guzzi and really enjoying it. I've ridden ever since my Taco minibike in 1970 and owned lots of used bikes. Always loved the GUZZI style- so glad I pulled the trigger on one for my first new bike!

There's a good story to this bike already. The 'original owner' was a young guy who won it on Let's Make a Deal. Problem is he didn't even have a driver's license yet and was in the process of moving to California from Seattle. He arranged to pick it up in Seattle at Moto International, then he put an ad on craigslist. I had been motorcycle shopping for a couple of months and basically hated everything I tried out. I did like the Moto Guzzis so was already starting to look for one. I contacted him, we set a price, and I picked this gem up on 3/3/18 at Moto International and paid him via Paypal. Must give a shout out to Candace at MI who facilitated all the paperwork since the guy was already back in Cali.

3_10_18.jpg

Bill Hagan, mjanecka, MOLT and 6 others like this.
  2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Welcome and congrats John! Please upload the photo to the server here, or send to me direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com
    Also love to get your VIN# and rest of the info for the forst post of this thread.

3. Maj Steve Trevor

Maj Steve Trevor Tuned and Synch'ed

An update: Looks like I’ll be selling this Anniversario. Found a buyer and just figuring out delivery and title transfer details. I loved its looks and performance, but just never got used to the seating position and the foot pegs hitting my ankles. I am planning, if all goes well, to replace it soon with a V7 II Racer, either 2015 or 2016 — got leads on still-new versions of each. Taking a bit of a financial loss of course, but worth it to me to get a bike I genuinely love, rather than one I tolerate.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  4. GT-Rx®

And so it begins... you'll always have at least one. I still have this unicorn available; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/for-sale-gt-rx®-v7r-820-quattrovalvole.18041/ - basically brand new.

Maj Steve Trevor likes this.
  5. Maj Steve Trevor

6. GerryP

GerryP Cruisin' Guzzisti

Did you consider swapping the stock foot pegs for rear sets?

That's what I did on my '15 Stone as I did not like the stock pegs hitting my ankles either. I tested a racer and liked that setup.

Gerry

7. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque High Miler GT Famiglia

v7-III-Anniversario_main_image_anniversario.jpg I must be getting really old because for the life of me, I cannot understand what you guys mean by "the stock foot pegs hitting your ankles". What are you talking about here? Hiting them when? How? You really have me stumped.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Attackpug and schajo like this.
  8. Maj Steve Trevor

I did think about that, but as far as I can tell there are no rear sets available yet for the V7III. I even contacted Sato, who said they probably will make some at some point but don't have concrete plans to do so yet. I also came close to ordering pull back bars and a replacement seat to change the sitting position, but finally decided to cut my losses and become a cafe racer dude...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  9. Maj Steve Trevor

For me the foot pegs on the V7III are exactly where I put my feet down when stopped. I keep trying to get used to putting my feet down either in front of or behind them, but just can't get it right. It's not a major problem, but more of a constant annoyance. And it means I often get my pant leg caught on the peg when pulling out. If you ride in traffic a lot, as I do, it begins to wear on you.

10. scottmastrocinque

Oh, okay! Thanks for the clarification because I was lost there trying to understand you.

11. Richard Ducati

Richard Ducati Tuned and Synch'ed

2014 V7 Special; VIN# ZGULWUA13EM200149; Richard Spehar Grand Rapids, MI DOP 3/11/18

s-l1600 (4).jpg

Bill Hagan, MOLT, schajo and 5 others like this.
  12. schajo

schajo Just got it firing!

20180318_143333.jpg Hey folks!

My Griso 1200 8V SE now got a little brother or sister?

It's a 2015 V7II Special. Bought four weeks ago totally stock with less than 4.000km on it.
    Just rode it for 300kms until now because it is really not yet the best whether for cycling in Germany.
    Anyhow..some mods already done and l really like this little thing...
    Zard exhaust Racer version
    Dart screen
    Magura handle bar
    Highsider mirrirs
    Black headlight ring
    Indicators
    Tail tidy and small mud guard front and back
    Legend gear luggage system
    Sprint air filter
    Etc....

Have a nice day...

schajo

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  13. Kent

Kent Just got it firing!

68639CAB-33D4-4FCA-B618-7CC2E6695842.jpeg 2017 V7 iii with many personal touches and a few bits from another model.

14. JACoH

JACoH Cruisin' Guzzisti

Really nice looking bike, I see the eagle has flown the coup.

15. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Bella.

16. GT-Rx®

Welcoming Trish to the GT & Guzzi Famiglia. Her bike went through an extensive transformation at my shop to lower and customize to her liking.

73E76559-D29E-4867-8574-393E4783CAE2.jpeg

17. GerryP

GerryP Cruisin' Guzzisti

Sweet. Two real beauties.

18. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

Bravo and welcome!

19. scottmastrocinque

Welcome to the addiction worth having! Beautiful bike!

20. Neville

Neville Just got it firing!

My V7 II Racer VIN # ZGULW3004GM200697 DOP 02/11/17
    It was a year old and had 236 miles on it when I bought it, did about 2,000 miles last year, hope to add many more in 2018
    I've fitted a tail tidy, Mistral long silencers, MUPO cartridge emulators in the forks, Brembo RCS master cylinder, four pot Brembo caliper, a Dart screen, and Oberon bar end mirrors.

IMG_20180406_171535.jpg