Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

Lovely bike! Life is Good!

I had Racer out last evening, took it to dinner with my moto buddies up in Redwood City (about 25 miles north of me). I zig-zagged through various routes getting there at the height of afternoon/early evening commute traffic. And then I hopped onto the 101 freeway to burn home afterwards. Racer handles both of these things beautifully! On the twisty zig-zaggy stuff, its light weight and nimbleness makes getting around traffic actually fun. On the fast drone home, it reminds me for all the world of the LeMans V in that it pulls right up to 80 mph and just loves to hang out right there most of the time in top gear, about 4600 rpm, but if you drop down a gear and give it the stick, it'll pop up to over 100 mph without even seeming to blink an eye.

I remain in love with this machine! :D

2. Teg

Teg Just got it firing!

New member. v7II Racer Vin#ZGULWUB27GM200049 - Teg Ryan - Vancouver, BC, Canada - D.O.P. 5.28.16

Modifications:
    - rear luggage rack
    - the world's crappiest slip ons (did not buy them from here, my mistake!)
    - biposti set with seat, pegs, hangers
    - custom made surfboard rack
    - took the windscreen off
    - mosko moto reckless 80 panniers
    - custom made top box (mono price case)
    - I used to have the moto guzzi panniers on, still have them if anyone is looking for a set.

Anyone know what the load limit is on that rear luggage rack? It's the large one but I can't find the spec's on it.

Pictures
    20170528_201921.jpg
    IMG-20170703-WA0000.jpeg IMG-20180407-WA0007.jpg 20170416_105938.jpg

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    TBro, timax, GT-Rx® and 4 others like this.
  3. timax

timax Tuned and Synch'ed

One from the weekend.

guzzi_camp_guzzitech.jpg

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  4. Avi rahamim

Avi rahamim Just got it firing! GT Contributor

This is my bike.

31118193_10214520682423236_7873505953646116864_o.jpg

Pete Beukelman, TBro, GerryP and 3 others like this.
  5. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

That is probably the best paint job I've seen with that white stripe. Wow.

6. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

7. timax

timax Tuned and Synch'ed

Poppe likes this.
  8. GerryP

GerryP Cruisin' Guzzisti

9. GuzziTex

GuzziTex Just got it firing! GT Contributor

My VIN is ZGULDUB08HM000027
    My engine number is 012712

I'm in Austin, TX. Where do I find the production date? Is it hidden under the wiring on the headstock?

GT-Rx® likes this.
  10. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Should be on the metal plate on the headstock.

11. Beau1K

Beau1K Tuned and Synch'ed

Got it! First NEW bike ever...I normally buy pre-depreciated bikes but I couldn't wait for this one. Got some plans for some bitchin mods.

OK ok not a lot of mods yet I just picked it up. MOD 1 = Wheel swap for the cast wheels so I don't have to polish chrome OR worry about tubes! And they look super bitchin so theres that :rock:

[​IMG]

TBro, scudracer, Poppe and 5 others like this.
  12. GuzziTex

GuzziTex Just got it firing! GT Contributor

She was built 03/2017

13. Stradagene

Stradagene Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Very nice looking bike!

14. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Congrats and thanks for posting. Love to get your VIN# and remaining info for the first post of this thread. I make a ton of fun mods for the V7III including fueling solutions, 820cc big bore, full performance exhaust, Kineo wheels, incredible Brembo brake upgrades and Ohlins front end to name the big ones. Click on the Store tab above.
    My shop isn’t far from you in Orange. Click on the Service tab above, or GTMotocycles.com
    See you on Sunday maybe.

Poppe and Stradagene like this.
  15. Stradagene

Great list of options!
    I re-ordered them in terms of value.

• Ohlins front end
    • Brembo brake upgrades
    • full performance exhaust/fueling solutions
    • 820cc big bore

That said... the 820 cc upgrade is absolutely fabulous!
    Do 'em all!

Poppe likes this.
  16. Stradagene

My friend and I went for a ride on Angeles Crest Highway last Thanksgiving weekend.
    He rented Todd's V7 III R with the aforementioned modifications (and more!).
    Amazing bike!

IMG_3107.jpg

scudracer and Poppe like this.
  17. RandomRider31

RandomRider31 Just got it firing!

I am new to Moto Guzzi and picked up a new 2017 V7 III Special about a week ago. The VIN is ZGULDUA05HM000178. It was manufactured June 2017.

I am getting use to this style of bike again. Only have around 150 miles so far, The ride is fun and totally different from my other bikes (Sport Touring stuff). I definitely will want some suspension upgrades in a while. I tried emailing info at guzzitech a few weeks ago to ask about figuring out the spring rates that would work best for me. I know the standard springs in kits like from Matris (FM108KE) would not be the proper rate. I need a weight range of 210-240 pounds. I am planning to ride casually and commute.

I also plan to get the ECU remap. I don't want to have to deal with lean running issues like pinging (from what I've read here).

I hope to have a good experience with the bike. Like any forum for a specific type of vehicle, I see a lot of threads on issues people encountered. It make me a little hesitant but will just have to hope for the best and enjoy the bike.

v7special.jpg

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  18. Robebop

Robebop Tuned and Synch'ed

Ohlins front end??

j1m85 likes this.
  19. Beau1K

Check out the new lever...

[​IMG]

TBro and Stradagene like this.
  20. Beau1K

Today turned out to be a no-go sorry :/ That FB event looked really cool hope you had a good time!!