RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Happy 2019! Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation. Thanks for your patience on orders. GuzziTech is now back to our origins; Enjoy the Guzzi Community Forum and Resources here. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000 until 2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Daniel Dutra

Daniel Dutra Just got it firing!

In a million years I never thought I would be a Guzzi Guy...In my 55 years of riding always thought they were odd, quirky, strange (and that was on a good day). But then I got an invite to ride in a rally (Ariel Club) in Lake Como with lunch at the Moto Guzzi factory! Being as I'll be renting a V7, thought I should expand my meager knowledge base and ride one locally. Looked on Craigslist and found a damn fine looking 015 V7 Sport with almost no miles...Time to check it out, right? Get to the bike and I'm impressed with the styling...Time for the test ride...Lets just say after an hour of cooking it through the local roads...She is now mine. Now I get why they are so loved and truly mechanical marvels..Good power, handling and ride. That's my story. ..Look forward to sharing with you all...Ciao, Dan in Redwood City

5258.jpeg

2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Fun story, and well, that's how most of us started (outside of the Ariel ride on Lake Como!).
    Welcome to the GT Forum and Guzzi Famiglia. Be forewarned... they are addictive like no other. The small block V7's are fun for sure, just don't ride a big block.
    Love to get your VIN# and related for the first post of this thread. Post below.

Hope you post often.

3. Malen Anderson

Malen Anderson Just got it firing!

Hello Guzzi Forum, Just wanted to put up some pictures of my new V7III Rough I got Just before Christmas. Haven't broken 100 miles and already made some minor mods. The picture with the Indian was taken on January 1 2019 in New England.

IMG_20190129_155051_762.jpg DSC01299.JPG DSC01301.JPG 20190101_115651_001.jpg 20190109_160148.jpg 20190109_132929.jpg 20190109_132934.jpg

Bill Hagan, joejacobi and Poppe like this.
  4. avlis

avlis Tuned and Synch'ed

Looks awesome! Greetings from MA/NH.
    I really like those tail lights. Who makes them?

5. Malen Anderson

Malen Anderson Just got it firing!

I found it at Dime City Cycles.

avlis likes this.
  6. itripped

itripped Just got it firing!

Hi, I'm new to the forum but have been on my 2016 V7 Special for a few years now. Here she is in my favorite configuration:

yypxSBT.jpg

Bill Hagan, joejacobi, Poppe and 3 others like this.
  7. GT-Rx®

Congrats and welcome!
    Love to get your VIN# and related for the first post of this thread also. Post below or send direct email; todd at guzzitech.com

8. itripped

itripped Just got it firing!

Okay, VIN is ZGULWUB16GM200034, I am @itripped on instagram, I'm in Vancouver, BC and while I bought it new, I can't really recall the exact date of purchase.

Mayakovski likes this.
  9. Steve Burger

Steve Burger Just got it firing!

Hi all. I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a Guzzi for some time now. Other bikes I have/had include Kawi triples, FZR 400, Bultaco flattrack, EX500 road race bike, and lots of dirt bikes. But this is my first Itallian, and my first brand new bike:

2017 VIII Racer
    VIN ZGULDUB04HM00137
    #396/1000
    Purchased yesterday! (2/8/19)

I suspected this would be the bike for me at this stage in my riding life (I'm not 20 anymore, and I needed a bike that won't tempt me to keep riding like I'm 20 :) And the ride home confirmed it! Rides great, love the torque/sound/feel, power is about right to keep me riding mellow, and its beautiful to my eyes!

Been reading the forum the last few weeks, and have already got some great ideas for upgrades. My plans:

Ditch the big, heavy pipes. Looking at Todd's full system, but am torn between 2-2 or 2-1. Any opinions on which sounds/performs better? I'm leaning towards the 2-1, but I haven't found any pics of the right side of the bike to see how it looks without a pipe on that side If anybody has a pic, I'd love to see it.

Revove Evap/air injection, etc

New fuel filter

ECU flash

Fender eliminator kit

Drop forks 10-20 mm (bike sits a little high in the front, and though I'm happy with how it rides, I wouldn't mind for the steering to be a touch quicker...

I'm looking forward to talking to you all (especially Todd) to share ideas and our mutual love for these bikes. Also would love to meet/go on a ride with those who are in SoCal. Do folks still meet at the Rock Store or elsewhere every month or so?

Thanks!!

20190208_175316.jpg 20190208_175432.jpg

Bill Hagan, roadscum, GT-Rx® and 3 others like this.
  10. avlis

avlis Tuned and Synch'ed

I have similar modifications in mind and similar questions regarding the exhaust. I did drop the forks 12mm but haven't been able to ride yet.

Poppe likes this.
  11. Andrew Joy

Andrew Joy Just got it firing! GT Site Contributor!

2018 V7 III Milano

Screenshot_20190211-110630.png

Bill Hagan, GerryP, roadscum and 4 others like this.
  12. GT-Rx®

Thanks Steve, and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia!
    We had been gathering momentum on the Rock Store Sunday, but the fires and rains put a huge road block up (literally and figuratively). Happy to meet anyone there, as weather and conditions allow.

Poppe likes this.
  13. GT-Rx®

Pic post for our friend Martin in Solvakia... welcome.

IMG-0397.JPG

Bill Hagan, mborovsky77 and roadscum like this.
  14. GT-Rx®

Congrats and welcome Andrew!
    Love to get your VIN# and info for the first post of this thread! Post often!

15. Andrew Joy

D.O.P 9/15/18 from Hamlin Cycles, VIN ZGULDU017JM000022, living in New Haven, CT. Glad to have found this website. These forums are a gold mine of information, and I plan on buying quite a bit from your store

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  16. GT-Rx®

Excellent. Say hi to Jim and crew from me next you chat. Happy to be of help direct email with any questions on any GT products. Post often!

17. GerryP

GerryP Cruisin' Guzzisti

Andrew,

Congrats on the bike, Where in New Haven are you? I'm out in Guilford.

Gerry

18. Andrew Joy

Just about Downtown. Wooster Square

19. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

I have sold the bike to a lucky guy named Bill Mobley from Green bay Wisconsin. Enjoy it Bill and happy riding. Hopefully if he's not on this forum he will join. Thanks Todd and everyone for advice along the way. Cheers

tonUPRacer likes this.
  20. GerryP

GerryP Cruisin' Guzzisti

Ahhh, pizza paradise!! Sweet.

Also there is the Moto Guzzi National Owners Club. I've included the name and contact info of our local Rep.

Just an FYI, starting in March the third Sunday of the month there is a Guzzi Breakfast at the Whistle Stop in Deep River.

Steven Rossi…CT-RI MGNOC State Rep.
    (248) 470-5788 Cell, SLDMRossi@aol.com

******** just a sample of the breakfast dates.

Sunday, 3/17: 3rd Sunday Breakfast: The Whistle Stop, Deep River, CT 8:00 AM - ?

Sunday, 4/28: 3rd Sunday Breakfast: The Whistle Stop, Deep River, CT 8:00 AM - ?
    (rescheduled to 4th Sunday, due to Easter)

Sunday, 5/19: 3rd Sunday Breakfast: The Whistle Stop, Deep River, CT 8:00 AM - ?

So, how long have you been riding? Any other bikes in your stable, etc, etc.

Gerry