Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Just got it firing!

Congrats on the bike, shame about the shonky PDI, but at least they have given you a good will gesture.

Poppe and BadAndy like this.
  2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Hey Andy(?!), well congrats on all, and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia! Appreciate you posting your VIN# and related. Paul & Co are good people. Battery issues are well covered here. Often rushed into service, and they fail as you are seeing. So lucky for you, we (GuzziTech / GT MotoCycles) are in your backyard in Orange. Click on the Service tab above. Happy to be of help with the battery and all things service and performance related when ready. Post often, and hope you get to enjoy the bike!

BadAndy likes this.
  3. BadAndy

BadAndy Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

F28C1893-5181-40AD-B9B0-F861D73D02CA.jpeg 26F01489-FA4E-4449-A26E-0EEDB4B5B8BD.jpeg 26489DEF-204C-4569-AFF2-87D1DD33A068.jpeg Thank you Todd. It is Andy, we will be in touch. I have quite the wish list from your store....

Here are a few photos. (Never mind the right mirror... as it was idling it was loose... I fixed it before riding away).

Bill Hagan, Poppe, roadscum and 3 others like this.
  4. Andrew Joy

Andrew Joy Just got it firing!

Here's some updated pics after some amazing guzzitech mods IMG_20190406_171910.jpg IMG_20190404_161648.jpg

5. Andrew Joy

Andrew Joy Just got it firing!

That sounds awesome, thanks. I had a 1975 Honda CB500 for a couple years, then a 1978 Yamaha XS750 for a year or so before selling both of them to friends last year after fixing them up. Currently, I only have the V7, though. I've only been riding for about 3 years.

GerryP likes this.
  6. Italian Spiderman

Italian Spiderman Just got it firing!

2018 V7 III Stone in black - ZGULDU006JM000603

Stock, for the moment.

David Handy - Honolulu, HI

GUZZI-03.jpg

7. GT-Rx®

Thanks for posting David. You should try to track down Thomas Au. He is a big Guzzi fan, and a helluva a nice guy. Haven't chatted with him in forever. If you do find him, tell him Todd still thanks him for his help on the grill at the Malibu Rally.

Bill Hagan likes this.
  8. GT-Rx®

Picture for our friend Hector from Santa Rosa, CA.

435A9094-C126-4BCD-94AC-5BB6478F7B27.jpeg

Bill Hagan and Hippo-Drones like this.
  9. Peyton

Peyton Just got it firing!

My 2013 V7 Stone. Needs a lot of mods.

IMG_20190421_121825.jpg

10. asoces

asoces Just got it firing!

Hi all... been riding for just over one year. Started on a Yamaha V-Star 250 (cool little bike with a bit of V-Twin character), upgraded to a Yamaha MT-07 (Boring and uninspiring - speed isn't my thing), and finally bit the bullet and bought a new-old-stock 2016 V7 II Stone. Always loved the sound and look of the Guzzis, and the feel/character sealed the deal.

Black wouldn't have been my first choice, but it was a good price, and I may paint it a nice vintage colour down the road:

IMG_20181011_131723.jpg

11. GT-Rx®

Thanks for the pics guys, if you would, please post the VIN# and related info for the first post of this thread.

12. asoces

asoces Just got it firing!

VIN#ZGULWUB03GM200645 - @asoces - Ontario, Canada - D.O.P. 9.28.18

GT-Rx® likes this.
  13. Peyton

Peyton Just got it firing!

VIN#ZGULWU005DM200032 -@pashley99 - Los Angeles, California

GT-Rx® likes this.
  14. John Verburg

John Verburg Just got it firing!

Well not sure where to post this, but I just bought (April 2019) a new 2017 Stone in Accident MD and drove it 5,904 miles back home. What an adventure. The first 600 miles service was done in Greensboro also great folks to work with. Ran great the entire trip and used no oil. I had a minor issue with the right hand mirror coming loose and had to stop at a tool store to buy a couple of wrenches. They fit well into the "tool kit" supplied by Guzzi. The bike does have difficulty finding neutral when at a dead stop. Don't know if it is a feature of the V7-III in general of just my luck to have this little quirk. Oh yes, the vin# zguldu001hm000325

2019-04-24-04-Johns-trip-at-Shenandoa-Park.jpg

15. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Now that is one heck of a first ride. Glad to hear it went so well and smoothly.

Bill Hagan likes this.
  16. GT-Rx®

Perfect spot for it John, and congrats on the purchase and the epic journey! I did that ride on my '00 Jackal in July-August of that year via Seattle, and down to San Diego. Memorable trip for sure. Enjoy and post often!
    Hope I can be of help getting it modified to your liking on the Store tab above.

17. Roose

Roose Tuned and Synch'ed

Yeah that's a "feature" of V7III, I've had that issue since I purchased mine. Doesn't matter cold or hot, always have to fiddle with it. Plus the indicator light for neutral doesn't always turn on immediately.

18. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

the free play setting is 2MM. I found a 2.5mm drill bit and used it. when it's at 3mm it's a bitch to find neutral. I just can't bring myself to do the 2mm.

John Verburg likes this.
  19. Steve Burger

Steve Burger Just got it firing!

As vagrant implied, the clutch adjustment can effect shifting, including finding neutral. And I use two fingers on the clutch, which makes it even worse. To solve it on my Racer, I reduced the freeplay (need to keep some, though)and bought some new levers that have slightly more stroke (traded levererage for travel, so it also requires a little more pull). Solved the problem for me, and now the trans is like butter.

John Verburg likes this.
  20. John Verburg

John Verburg Just got it firing!

Thanks Vagrant.