Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jan 6, 2009.

1. RAYT

RAYT Tuned and Synch'ed

Happy Birthday, that is a nice Milano! I am happy to here you are able to ride again. My Aunt had MS when I was younger and it is not fun. We riders take our health for granted everyday we hop on our bikes. I have days I don't ride just because. I hope I can ride many more years and there will be a time someday when I won't feel confident to ride.... until then, Ride On and Ride Safe!

PepperoniBros. likes this.
  2. Satch

Satch Just got it firing!

I picked up a used V 7 iii Special with 990 miles on it. I believe the original owner purchased it in May 2017 from EuroCycle Las Vegas and then took it to Utah. The first service was never done and since there is no dealer in Utah I would either have to take it to Vegas, or do it myself. I was able to easily do it myself thanks to all the great info I found here! The video showing the valve adjustment procedure was especially helpful. Thanks Todd! I will be doing the fuel filter swap next. After a few more miles, I'll see what I think about flashing the ECU. But there's no doubt I need better suspension first!

ZGULDUA04HM000141 my DOP was 9/21/19 @Satch Draper, UT

BE841B12-3A44-44CC-A7AC-E4201FD93872.jpeg

3. PepperoniBros.

PepperoniBros. Just got it firing!

What do you think of the GIVI fairing? Is it reasonably quiet, well mounted?

4. Oilcan

Oilcan Just got it firing!

I traded a 2016 yamaha xsr900 for a 2018 moto guzzi v7 iii rough yesterday.

VIN ZGULDUA29JM000014
    Date of purchase 9.11.19 from Hamlin Cycles
    Meriden, CT

IMG_20190912_130532.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    roadscum, GerryP, Satch and 5 others like this.
  5. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Congrats! Love to hear on what made you make that step. The 900-3 is a wonderful powerhouse mill. Boring bike otherwise.
    Hope you’ll post your VIN# and related for the first post of this thread. Thanks for the pic, and post often!

roadscum likes this.
  6. Oilcan

Oilcan Just got it firing!

I edited my post with the vin and additional information.

The XSR900 was a great bike but my wife has been riding with me more lately and the bike wasn't great for two people. Plus, my heart has been with Moto Guzzi for a long time. Almost bought a Griso way back and then a V7 in 2016.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  7. GerryP

GerryP Cruisin' Guzzisti

Mark,

Congrats on the purchase, nice to see you finally made the journey into the light.

I was at the shop on Saturday and saw a XSR900 sitting out front with a few other used bikes.
    John said it was a trade for a V7.

Guess it maybe time for a breakfast/lunch meet & greet.

Someday i have to get my Stone listed here.

Gerry

8. SalGuzzi

SalGuzzi Just got it firing!

Hi all, first time post so I’ll keep it short and sweet.
    Currently riding a V7iii Racer here in sunny Western Australia.
    Soon moving to Peru for 4 years and am looking at purchasing a V85TT.
    Very excited.

106FFD09-6E59-479E-936A-5131AF1134E4.jpeg 09E15CFC-1724-400A-93C9-8E4F1F328BBF.jpeg

roadscum and Mayakovski like this.
  9. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Congrats and welcome to the GT Forum! Please add your VIN# and related info for the first post of this thread! Hope to see you post often.

10. SMTCapeCod

SMTCapeCod Just got it firing! GT di Razza Pura

By quiet, do you mean wind buffeting, or bracketry?
    I didn't think it was doing much for wind management, perhaps because I changed helmets at the same time that I installed the faring. I just took my Victory out a couple days ago without any wind protection, and decided the GIVI is actually making a difference. No buffeting, some creaking- the hardware is anodized by the looks as are the brackets, which are very sturdy. They are sturdy in a slightly different position than I'd prefer, however, and I did have to shim the very bottom mounting point out of concern for the tension that fully tightening that fastener would put on the faring without a little spacer. That's bearing in mind that I have to ride year round and I assume it will get more brittle in the thick of winter. And also that the urban roads I"m traversing are rutted, heaved and under construction causing traction control to activate repeatedly on any given ride, on "1". It's a complete kit with brackets for relocating the turn signals. Had mine painted to match and then used automotive front-end protective vinyl to make the stripes.

PepperoniBros. likes this.
  11. jbhotchkiss

jbhotchkiss Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Very nicely done Guzzi.

12. Dayve

Dayve Moto Enguzziast

maybe as soon as tomorrow. Took the Ride Rite class up in Corona a few weeks ago, which allowed me to forgo the riding test at DMV. Took my written test today and got my paper license today. I really want either a Carbon Dark V7 or one of the black or grey V9's. I am only 5'7", so think the lighter and smaller the bike, the better. I worry about the V7 Carbon Dark foot pegs dragging on corners, is that a big deal? Would a Racer be better, assuming the foot pegs are in a different position, or a V9?

Dave

13. RAYT

RAYT Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi dave - I haven't hit my foot pegs yet, and have road the Snake on Mulholland and Angeles Crest HWY2. I have rode on the freeways and my V7 III Carbon Dark is loving it. I have made some little modifications, GTM Megs exhaust, Dart Marlin FlyScreen, Rizoma AZ403B Bar Risers which you may or may not consider to personalize for yourself. I am 5'.7" and the bike fits and rides real nice for me. The exhaust gives it the Guzzi note it deserves. It is A FUN BIKE! I have owned many bikes and always wanted a Moto Guzzi. GP Cycles in SD has a some great deals on the V7's now. - Good luck with your decision!

Dayve likes this.
  14. Dayve

Dayve Moto Enguzziast

RayT, how is the heat from the engine? I think the bike looks amazing.

15. Raven

Raven Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

As a new rider, you won't or shouldn't be dragging foot pegs anytime in the foreseeable future. Your biggest concern should be seat height because of your small size. Yes, size matters! :eek:

16. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Totally agree with Raven, also if you are close to Todd you may wish to consider doing a tutorial ride with him.

17. SMTCapeCod

SMTCapeCod Just got it firing! GT di Razza Pura

All i can compare it to is my other V-twin, and the heat is completely negligible on the Moto Guzzi. I never ride in shorts, but I really don't feel radiated heat unless I make a point of reaching out for it at idle. This is in mid-Atlantic US summer weather, so it was a concern of mine when shopping, too. The Victory, on the other hand, wich relies heavily on air cooling via the cylinder jugs but also has a small oil cooler up front, radiates a ton of heat. It's also North of 1600 cc's, so there's some physics at play...but night and day. And reverse of what i"d prefer, I like the Victories exothermal trait in the winter, but the Guzzi's ABS in the winter..

Mayakovski likes this.
  18. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I only ride wearing full Armour (top and bottom) and am never bothered by the heat from the engine in my V7 III Anniversario.

19. RAYT

RAYT Tuned and Synch'ed

Heat is not an issue on my V7. During our last hot heat wave in SoCal this past month. I only felt a little heat from the engine at red lights. Then again, it was 98-101F during the days and I do ride with boots, long pants and armored leather jacket. Cheers!

20. Dayve

Dayve Moto Enguzziast

Thanks guys (and gals), going to check one out today. Once I buy a bike, I will get some boots and a jacket for riding, and never wear shorts.....has anyone thought about adding a factory tach?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    RAYT and Mayakovski like this.