Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Spumoni

Spumoni Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Just traded in my 2016 V7II for this 2019. Using this “lock down” as an excuse to do all the mods now, so my time will be occupied since it’s too cold to ride here in CentraL NY. Dealer in Goshen, NY delivered it (3 hours away) and picked up my old bike. So far it’s only got 7 miles on it. Haven’t even ridden it since I added the pipes (SAS/Evap delete) along Todd’s new map. Lowered the front an inch by cutting the spacers inside, still waiting for 1 inch lower rear shocks from Todd. Signal lights and other misc items still in progress.

ZGULDU02XKM000025

0246174D-62D8-476A-B2FE-0E1517953EB7.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  2. aproud1

aproud1 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Greetings from Cincinnati. Purchased this V7 Milano today from Enzo over at Cadre Cyle. Vin: ZGULDU010JM000119

Tried the V7 and the V9 back to back yesterday. Pretty clear which one I preferred and I'm a big guy too. My 10 mile drive home ended up being 30 miles. The info around this forum has been really helpful. Thanks!

Andy
    milano.jpg

3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Congrats Andy! I'm good friends with the parts guy Tim there, and am getting to know Enzo. Seem like really good folks. Thanks for posting and the words about the Forum here. Hope to see you posting often and getting you some GTM product to make it go better! Enjoy it!

aproud1 likes this.
  4. aproud1

aproud1 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Thanks Todd! Have my eyes on several GTM things. Just working on getting through my break in period first.

Enzo and the guys were great. Easy going and just normal guys. Social distancing and still working and selling.

5. Jpcarter

Jpcarter Just got it firing! GT Contributor

How are those Baak pipes and where did you get your license plate holder?

6. GT-Rx®

Hope you'll keep your $ here in the U.S.
    I can do a similar plate mount if you really want one. I do offer this version; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-rx-shock-mount-tag-bracket
    If you plan on actually riding your bike and putting real miles on it, be forewarned of durability and little follow-up, plus return shipping to Europe. Just FYI.

7. Spumoni

Spumoni Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

The plate mount was from a company called MOSKIS - but it's designed for EU plates, so I had to modify it. Plus it's discontinued for the V7's. (I got it a while back.) Although I love the look, there is a little bit of vibration so if Todd can make something similar that would be your best bet.

The Baak pipes are nice, but you'll have to deal with the international lag.

8. Ryan Tabata

Ryan Tabata Just got it firing!

I’m Ryan Tabata, 2013 V7 Stone - VIN ZGULWUA04EM200085. Honolulu, HI

Bill Hagan and GT-Rx® like this.
  9. Fernando

Fernando Just got it firing!

Great looking motorcycle, especially in grey colour, I love it !!!

If you will go for a longer journey consider to put touring motorcycle windshield HONDA XL 1000V VARADERO on your bike. It will have a massive influence for comfort of your trip and make your ride more safe as well. Safety first and with motorcycle windshields you will take care of it, because you won't be susceptible for strong gusts of wind and gusts from trucks. Many types in many shapes windshields available at MotorcycleScreens.eu like above for example HONDA XL 1000V VARADERO and they have universal for cruisers as well. For V7 maybe something like that : motorcyclescreens.eu/home/439-u2t-universal-naked-touring-screen

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    aproud1 likes this.
  10. davewrites

davewrites Just got it firing! GT Contributor

6FBDCABC-A7E4-42A0-B491-D66454AE028D.jpeg

Today is the day!

I have officially joined Team Guzzi with my purchase of a 2018 Moto Guzzi V7 III Carbon Shine from the fine folks at International Motorsports in Langley, BC.

VIN#ZGULDUC14JM000099
    #0806 / 1921
    D.O.P. 5.5.20

Trading in my 1976 Honda CB500T (I will miss her dearly) for this Carbon Shine concludes the vintage phase of my motorcycle life and ushers in the exciting "modern classic" phase.

Here's hoping il mio trattore cromato is my forever bike. Looking forward to racking up at least 100,000 kms on the odometer.

<bucket list updated>

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  11. GT-Rx®

Congrats and welcome to the fold Dave! Appreciate the info and post. Look forward to some pics...!

davewrites likes this.
  12. wonderfulremark

wonderfulremark Just got it firing!

I just purchased a carbon dark from them.
    The price was too good to pass up.

davewrites likes this.
  13. davewrites

They're blowing out some of their 2018 special edition models, below cost. I think they moved all of the Carbon Darks but they may have one or two Shines left and maybe a Milano.

Just like you said, it was a deal that I couldn't pass up.

14. GT-Rx®

Congrats and welcome also. Love to get your VIN# and related info for the first post of this thread... and photos of you and your bike are always best. Hope to see you here often.

15. wonderfulremark

wonderfulremark Just got it firing!

Here's my 2018 Carbon Dark
    ZGULDUC07JM000170
    20200507_181047~2.jpg 20200507_181029~3.jpg

16. davewrites

First one is up now. More to come, I’m sure.

Mayakovski and GT-Rx® like this.
  17. Mayakovski

Mayakovski High Miler GT Famiglia

It's great riding here on the island. Life is good.

18. davewrites

Juuuuuuuuust figured out this evening that the tank belt on my Carbon Shine is magnetic. :nod:

Not as thorough at the dealership as I thought I was.

19. Damon Chalk

Damon Chalk Just got it firing!

Brand new to the Guzzi world. This is my first motorcycle purchase. Wise choice? 2017 V7 III Special Located in Baltimore, MD

IMG_20200602_152332972.jpg

20. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

A very lovely motorcycle indeed. Congratulations and welcome to the fold. You are now officially a Guzzisti!

Damon Chalk and GT-Rx® like this.