Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GTM®, Jan 3, 2009.

1. DominoDoggy

DominoDoggy Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Figured that since I've been posting here for a few weeks, I should introduce myself and my bike. First Moto Guzzi I have ever seen, let alone owned. I bought it from the original owner, sold new at Sloan's in Murfreesboro TN. Vin EM200229. Started life as a 2014 V7 Stone, but I changed out the tank and the seat and made it into the lovely creature you see before you today. Cafe Racer --> Backroad Bandit

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  2. Luca Alessandro

Luca Alessandro Just got it firing!

GTM® and Judas like this.
  3. Luca Alessandro

Ciao tutti!

My father handed down his ‘84 V65C to me but I have always wanted to purchase a bike myself so that we can ride together. That day has finally come...Say hello to Elena!

2020 V7 III Stone S
    #098/750

Funny enough I sat on the #000 bike! But it looked a lil roughed up so I went for a newer unit.

Bought this from BMG Motorsport in Goshen, NY (literally down the road from my parents house). Brendan, August and the back crew are phenomenal people who LOVE bikes and provide top class service. Thanks guys!

Todd, thank you for your invaluable advice about these beautiful machines. I’ve learned so much in the short amount of time I’ve been around this forum. Looking forward to working together to bring the “anima” out of this bike.

happy riding

0B8CD2A5-9FBA-475F-A012-D5B2966C76E9.jpeg 90B1E4D0-11F7-441F-A1A3-AB9D376CC4CF.jpeg 38832867-021F-4389-85B4-363283135E77.jpeg

4. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

Welcome
    That's great !

You'll have to Get Upstate to the Finger lakes !

Luca Alessandro likes this.
  5. Maj Steve Trevor

Maj Steve Trevor Cruisin' Guzzisti

Wow, #000 really..? That's kind of amazing. Was it at the same dealer?

Luca Alessandro likes this.
  6. Luca Alessandro

Yes, I was very surprised when I saw that! Out of all places, a small dealership in upstate NY. Might have been used, I don't remember but it didn't look as pristine as the bike I ended up buying

Maj Steve Trevor likes this.
  7. Maj Steve Trevor

Maj Steve Trevor Cruisin' Guzzisti

Well, as George Costanza's father might say, "I'm back baby!" Former Guzzi owner here, took a detour through Triumph, and am now back on a Guzzi. I've got nothing bad to say about Triumph -- still have a soft spot for British and once-British bikes -- but this new V7III Stone S caught my eye and wouldn't let it go. Did a test ride and remembered how much I am a fan of weird motors! So, as of this morning I am the owner of #290/750 V7III Stone S. I'm super happy about it! I took a long, two hour route home from the dealer, and it was an 'effin blast to ride!

Just the facts:
    VIN ZGULDU021LM000254
    Purchased 3-27-21, LaMoto in Arlington VA.

Guzzi 2.jpg
    Guzzi 1.jpg

Attackpug, davewrites, subin and 8 others like this.
  8. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Congrats(!), and welcome back to the fold. As they say, once you own one, you may stray, but never far. Enjoy, and thanks for posting!

9. vagrant

vagrant High Miler

That diversion didn't last long!

10. Ken Horii

Ken Horii Just got it firing! GT Contributor

I purchased the same model back in January. It is still in storage with the dealer but I will take delivery in about 3 weeks after my vaccinations are complete- trying to be patient. Once I have the bike I'll post my photos as well. Congratulations and enjoy!

11. sashae

sashae Just got it firing!

I'm the second owner of '14 V7 Special ZGULWUA15EM200069 -- purchased from the original owner who'd set it up for full touring 2 up with hard cases/racks and windshield for riding with his wife, having done Sturgis, Florida, Dragon's Tail all from NY. A little over 22k miles. I removed the racks/bags and fairing (as I've a second bike better suited for touring.) It's a bunch of fun, sounds great, really zippy.

The rear suspension feels... vague? Squatty? Definitely something to get resolved, as it's still on the original rear shocks. I don't know how much of that is due to it being a twin shock and my being used to a big mono shock ADV bike, and how much of it is wear and tear. The other thing I'd like to figure out asap are the mirrors. They're large and provide poor visibility to the rear -- would like to figure out a swap. Either way, it's a blast to ride.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

subin, Louisv97, DominoDoggy and 2 others like this.
  12. GTM®

Congrats, welcome and thanks for posting. Appreciate you posting your VIN# and related. If you get bit by the Guzzi bug, you'll never be without one (or more).
    There's an entire thread dedicated to suspension here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7c-s-suspension-thread.12618/ -- the stock suspension is woefully in adequate, especially if you've spent time on a modern monoshock. While you'll never get anywhere near the same ride, I do have well researched offerings in the online STORE linked at the top of the page.
    Hope to see you posting often.

13. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

IMHO - The pipes on the V7 Special have a nice upsweep look and aren’t too long
    E9AE099C-1A06-4DC4-AFCD-6C72EE9A06DF.jpeg

The gray stones pipes like mine used to look, are Way too long and Large.
    00BB1FFB-B466-4233-9C68-FE5D24738CD8.jpeg

The black bike although one of the newer stones it’s pipes look somewhat shorter ??
    Is it just the angle ?
    3AFE594D-916F-49D1-8205-9E1260DCE92F.jpeg

Mayakovski likes this.
  14. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  15. morpheous

morpheous Just got it firing!

2017 V7 Stone (Base) - (Scrambled over the winter)

Wheels from V7 Special, Guzzi OEM Offroad Tires, Long Alum fenders from V7 Milano, Alum side panels V7 Racer, Bars from Stelvio, Givi Front plate, Rearsets: MG V9 Euro positon option, Arrow 2 into one Scrambler Pipe. Ohlins shocks/springs, RaceTech gold emus and springs in forks. Premium MG Seat. LED Healdamp. GTM speedo center bracket, SAS delete, evap removed.

My first 'Guzzi, great motorcycle!

Vin# ZGULDU009HM000525

IMG_2409.JPG

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  16. Greg Brokenshire

Greg Brokenshire Just got it firing!

2020 V7-III Rough
    VIN# ZGULDUA23LM000125
    Purchased in March '21 from Two Wheel Motorsport near Guelph, Ontario, Canada

upload_2021-4-23_10-7-45.png

17. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

Welcome -
    Nice Verde satinato - I was looking at some bikes they had when I was shopping.
    Are those Tires and Chrome / Statin fenders part of the Rough package ?

Too bad about your "Broken Shire" !
    Is that why you moved the the Colonies ?

Don

18. Greg Brokenshire

Greg Brokenshire Just got it firing!

Thanks Don,

I haven't changed a thing yet - its all stock. Tires behave nicely on the gravel roads around me too.

Family name is from Cornwall, so yes I expect crushing poverty was a factor! ;-)

davewrites and Mayakovski like this.
  19. GTM®

Congrats and welcome Greg! Thanks for posting your info. Beauty in that green! Hope to see you here often! Enjoy!

20. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

Out for a spin today ,
    A White/Perl Guzzi passed when I was stopped in Ladysmith ? Raven ?

48302CA0-0465-4818-800C-73114C4E5FB9.jpeg

Saw anothe Guzzi at the intersection of 301 + 105 in kazabazua

Then “not Raven” but another Norge ( White/Perl) again going through Chelsea

Last edited: May 1, 2021