• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

ZGUKZA004MM001782 - MOTO GUZZI V7-850 E5 Stone. Purchased January 18, 2022. Masterton New Zealand
Congrats and thanks for posting! Love to get a photo or two if you can. Always best to have you in it as they all tend to look the same without a human in the pic.

Short answer. No. I had never before considered a Moto Guzzi. I was looking for something easier to manage (height, weight, center of gravity) in the garage or at low speed than the R1200RT. I love that bike, but I'm not as strong as I once was.

Long answer. I cleared my mind (of BMW bias) and looked at all kinds of bikes. I actually bought a 1982 Honda GL500I Silver Wing on a whim, because that was a bike my then-girlfriend (and now 39-year wife) and I admired at a dealer when it came out. Needs some going over by a mechanic, though, maybe this spring. I also considered getting another 1982 Seca, but I realized that what I really wanted was a new bike with a classic look. I freaking hate the look of swoopy, sharp-angled fairings, "Transformers" bikes. My RT is old enough for the fairings to be more (IMO) elegant than the latest bikes, but all that plastic can be a hassle to deal with, too.

I started researching Triumphs, Ducatis (Desert Sled), and other makes, but then I also realized that I really like the look of the protruding cylinders on the Honda's engine. That's when I started looking at Guzzis. And fell in love. It was just good timing that this was when the upgraded V7 was out with more power and torque. The 2021 color schemes are beautiful, the blue and green are outstanding, but the orange is unsurpassable :) .

When I was researching the V7 850 online, many of the YouTube reviews seemed to call out the HP and top end as shortcomings, as if all bikes must be sport bikes. Speed has never been my reason for motorcycling, so that was actually a plus in my book.

So, styling, engineering (except that absurdly unfindable neutral), height (might need to lower the pegs a smidgen), weight, center of gravity, and vibe, it was a perfect storm. The dealer (Seacoast Cycles) had a lot of V7s in stock, and amazingly had one in orange, so I lucked out. I didn't even test ride it.

I didn't realize until after it was over that there was a national Moto Guzzi rally just 12 miles from my house this summer. It would have been nice to see a wide spectrum of Guzzis, but I think it would only have reinforced my decision-making process.

bws
Welcome to the forum! I am sure you will enjoy the V7 850. It is interesting that another former Seca 650 rider has found Moto Guzzi. I bought a Seca 650 in 1982 and have been riding shaft drive bikes ever since. I bought a chain drive 2006 BMW 650 Dakar for adventure riding in the fall of 2005 but was never really happy with it so I did not ride it much. I found out about the V85TT, looked at one, and was hooked. I have the R1150RS for strictly pavement riding and the V85TT for everything else.

My V85TT shifts better than the R1150RS and I have no trouble finding neutral. As others have already mentioned, check the clutch adjustment.

Here's my V7-850 Special. Purchased January 2022 from OC Motorcycle, Costa Mesa CA.
VIN#ZGUKZUB03MM000198
Excited to be here.
Congrats and welcome! Thanks for posting with a pic. My shop is just up the road in Orange if you need anything from Service up to any fun mod.
Hopefully later this year we can do a OC Gathering and Ride. Hope to see you here and posting often. Enjoy.

Congrats and welcome! Thanks for posting with a pic. My shop is just up the road in Orange if you need anything from Service up to any fun mod.
Hopefully later this year we can do a OC Gathering and Ride. Hope to see you here and posting often. Enjoy.
Thanks for the warm welcome! A gather and ride sounds great, would love to be around more beautiful bikes. I've frequently browsed your site, nice to know your shop is so close. Hope to need/want your services in the near future!

Hello all just introducing myself. This is Max (Maxie). In april 2021 I was going through some Kijiji adds like every spring seeing what bikes were on the market. I saw this beautiful Guzzi V7 racer 2015 all stock no mods with 11k clics. Couldn't resist. Two weeks later I was getting my plate. I love this bike! Italian aesthetics, great sound and the torque!... Wow. I finished the season with 16k clics. Anyhoo will be checking in frequently. Cheers!

20210418 153838

Hello all just introducing myself. This is Max (Maxie). In april 2021 I was going through some Kijiji adds like every spring seeing what bikes were on the market. I saw this beautiful Guzzi V7 racer 2015 all stock no mods with 11k clics. Couldn't resist. Two weeks later I was getting my plate. I love this bike! Italian aesthetics, great sound and the torque!... Wow. I finished the season with 16k clics. Anyhoo will be checking in frequently. Cheers!
Congrats and welcome Max! I copied your post here to the Pic and Registry thread for the V7s. Love to get your VIN# and related for the first post of this thread. Hope to see you here posting often! Enjoy!

View attachment 24415
Nice! I had that exact same model for about a year or so, and it was indeed a blast to ride. If I were a younger man (or at least had younger knees and back) I would still have it..

View attachment 24415
Very Nice !
I was looking at one the same year as that when I was shopping a few years ago.

This is the 2016 V2 Special that I got as a salvage resurrection project.
VIN ZGULWUB15GM200073
So far I’ve replaced fenders, mirrors, side covers, tires, changed all fluids, and added an old windscreen from the archives.
The bike came with Mistral exhaust, Matris shocks, Pazzo levers and a few other little bling bits. Still finding Easter eggs from the previous owner. CB13C416 016A 444B 864F 05667AD48FD2

Hello All, I joined in 2014 when I had my 2010 Cafe Classic, but was never active on the forum. I traded the 2010 for a 2018 V7III Carbon 3 1/2 years ago. I thought I would become more active now that I have some miles on the bike and might need to search for some pointers to maintain it.

V7III Cafe and helmet V7III Cafe

I do want to find something to clean up the rear lights without losing my rear fender.

IMG 4950 2

Back