Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above. WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

V7 vs V9?

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by mrkabam, Sep 15, 2016.

1. motoguzziman

motoguzziman Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

The Breva 750, has an 18 liter tank, that was why I chose it, over a Nevada with its 14 ltr tank.
    Anyway, once, around the 4 corners area, I managed 180 miles, after missing a gas station earlier. 180.9 M.jpg
    we just started to hiccup, as I found a gas station, somewhere in Utah, from memory.
    Longest trip I ever did,twixt gas stations !!!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  2. motoguzziman

Found the trip in question, if anyone is interested ........

motoguzziriders.com/2015/06/18/ohio-to-utah-in-mgms-own-words/

Yes, I would really like a V9 Roamer, with the V7 22 ltr tank.. Im workin on it .
    Unfortunately once again, Im sort of stuck in a situation here in Europe.
    Hopefully Il be able to get out to the US later this year.

3. roadscum

roadscum Cruisin' Guzzisti

If you're going to compare the V9 to the V7 ya gotta do it with a V7 gen III for a fair comparison. That's what I did before I made a purchase.

I found the V7 III to be far more comfortable for me then the V9 with the feet forward position. On the V9 I found shifting more difficult and my shins hit the jugs with my feet on the pegs. .The V7 surprised me with the ergonomics that fit me very well and a seat that good for 800 mile days. I also found the V7 was a better handling bike, perhaps because of less trail. For me the V7 III wins, it was no contest, more comfort, better handling, less vibration, greater range(both fuel and butt!!) ..... what's not to Llke? ;)

Can't wait to compare the V7 III to a V85 Stelvio.... yeah baby, bring it!!!

Paul.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    motoguzziman and Trout like this.
  4. motoguzziman

Ah , Thanks, I never even thought of that, as I have not yet sat on the V9 Roamer.. Never thought a Guzzi would have a feet fwd thing .
    Thanks again, that definitely made me re think things "!

roadscum likes this.